Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Southwestern (09/06) (Don Marshall Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somerset (0-2) vs. Southwestern (0-2)

Time - 6:00 p.m.

Who gets their first victory of the 2013 season?
I watched the second half of the Somerset vs Belfry game. Somerset was in that game until the Belfry punt that buried Somerset down inside there own 5 yard line, and then the safety after that the wheels fell of and Somerset got wore down. I think Somerset beats southwestern there a mad bunch of bunnies right now.
Both teams have played two very good teams to open the season. Somerset is struggling up front. SW is massive. I'll take SW in a close one.
E's Army Wrote:Somerset is struggling up front. SW is massive. I'll take SW in a close one.

Partially true. Yes, Somerset is struggling (and improving) up front. If both of their "fronts" were perfect, though, Somerset would still be 0-2.

EVERY facet of the Jumper team is struggling right now. Struggle isn't a bad thing. It means they're alive and still trying.

With that said, though, I'll take the Jumpers to get a W in their third straight game against a higher-class opponent:

SHS - 27
SWHS - 21
Somerset 28-14 for the 1st win of season.
I think this will be a close one.
IMO, SW is a little better than most give them credit for, and Somerset needs to play a full game to win.

Somerset 31
Southwestern 24
Somerset 28
SWHS 27
Convinced also that this will be a close one. Too close to call, imo. :-)
I love both of these teams! Going with the stronger, IMO, of the two

Warriors 28
Jumpers 26

Good luck to both teams.
Cellking Wrote:Somerset 28-14 for the 1st win of season.

Thanks celling that helps me on picking who going to win this one.south western 28 somerset 14 :biglmao: just having fun. :biglmao:
SW has not played the caliber of teams that Somerset has. PC and Belfry are both better than Corbin and KC. That experience and competition level will separate Somerset from SW. I predict Somerset 21 SW 7.
oldhound70s Wrote:PC and Belfry are both better than Corbin and KC. That experience and competition level will separate Somerset from SW. I predict Somerset 21 SW 7.

Oldhound, I agree that tough schedules help make tough teams, but only if the program (from the coaches, to the kids, to the parents) can remain positive and persevere through the early disappointments.

Time will tell.
Should be a good game. Somerset has struggled but played very tough competition. SW is no slouch. Very big and physical, just young. Jumpers are playing up in class again. Win, Lose or Draw they must remain positive. Playing bigger schools will help them come district time. On the other hand I dont see how playing a school as small as Somerset will help Pulaski and Pulaski SW become better teams. Good luck to both teams!!
its a cross-town rivalry, classification doesnt matter in this game.
Forever Maroon Wrote:its a cross-town rivalry, classification doesnt matter in this game.

Totally agree. Math is overrated, lol.

When opponents are fewer than ten miles apart, gravity doesn't even apply.
Don't know about helping the teams on the field, but it helps all 3 teams' bank accounts! That's why these games are being played
million_dollar_man Wrote:Should be a good game. Somerset has struggled but played very tough competition. SW is no slouch. Very big and physical, just young. Jumpers are playing up in class again. Win, Lose or Draw they must remain positive. Playing bigger schools will help them come district time. On the other hand I dont see how playing a school as small as Somerset will help Pulaski and Pulaski SW become better teams. Good luck to both teams!!
Over the last few years Somerset has not been thin on talent, they get their fair share of good football players.Its high school football-talent usually runs in cycles =just so happens Pulaski has a lot of it right now.
Southwestern 30 Somerset 27
After this year, Somerset will struggle for awhile.
Don't they have a pretty good group in middle school right now? I thought they had another group of athletes in 8th-9th grade.
both teams are having a down season seems like
Forever Maroon Wrote:Don't they have a pretty good group in middle school right now? I thought they had another group of athletes in 8th-9th grade.

They do, losing a 17 senior class will hurt, but they won't be down for long.
Southwestern 21-14.
If SW defense stays out of the Man to Man coverage on Cam, they might be able to surprise Somerset. However, I think Somerset gets one in the win column based off pure speed. Somerset wins this one 28-14.
So glad to see Somerset playing in this bowl game. Also, this is the first time Somerset visits the Reservation since September 7, 2001.
Speed Kills, Southwestern too slow to keep up with Somerset.
Is there a video feed of this game online anywhere?
Not that I know of