Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 30 Lafayette 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Central hit a last second field goal to win it.
Central with a bounce back win. Good win over a 6A school.
alot of scoring for Central, they most got some players back..
Solid win.
King of 3A taking care of business..Central still has a lot to work on...Defense showing some holes.
Did every body play for Central or were the academic casualties still ineligible?
Central 30, Lafayette 27: Yellowjackets' freshman kicker Sebastian Francisco, who missed two extra points earlier in the game, nailed a 26-yarder as time expired, giving Central (1-1) its first lead of the game and a win over the host Generals (0-2).

Central High School 0 13 6 11 30
Lafayette High School 6 13 0 8 27

First Quarter
L -- D. Jackson 59 pass from Clay Bolin (kick blocked);
Second Quarter
L -- Kylan Nelson 52 interception return (Malik Robinson kick); C -- Donovan Lovan 2 run (Sebastian Francisco kick); C -- Lovan 35 run (kick failed); L -- Devon Quincey 3 pass from Bolin (run failed)
Third Quarter
C -- Sydney Tedford 1 run (kick failed)
Fourth Quarter
L -- Mason Alstatt 13 run (Bolin run); C -- Phillip Frances 13 run (Marcus Manion run); C -- Francisco 26 FG.

http://www.usatodayhss.com/game/lafayett...ec9e500000
I heard Phillip Francis was playing HB for Central... Don't know if that's true but that's a SCARY thought. He is a MAN.
He had 169 yards on 16 carries
Game was tied late in the game and if that receiver for Lafayette would have caught those 2 back to back throws to him, Lafayette wins. What a great, gutsy and grinding game for Louisville Central.
Francis is a extremely tough as a Rb but the other linebacker Donald Styles is possibly the best Rb in the state that very few know about.
If they ever really let him play running back.
FBfan4life Wrote:Game was tied late in the game and if that receiver for Lafayette would have caught those 2 back to back throws to him, Lafayette wins. What a great, gutsy and grinding game for Louisville Central.

Is lafayette a quality 6A opponent ?
Not really . They have at least 1 legit D1 guy but hes a sophmore Landon Young I believe is his name. Great kid hard worker. Hes also a top notch wrestler
Coachdad Wrote:Is lafayette a quality 6A opponent ?

Yes and No... 1 returning started on both side of the field. They have a good tradition with some players going on to play college ball, but there are times that they show descipline problems on the field. They have made it to the regionals 2X losing only to powerhouse Scott Co. and I thought for sure last year's squad was going to make it further, perhaps to the champioship game, but all the seniors seems to underachived.
Thanks ! Do they have a 6A size roster ?
Coachdad Wrote:Thanks ! Do they have a 6A size roster ?

Looks like 50-60 players...
Coachdad Wrote:Thanks ! Do they have a 6A size roster ?

They do. They dress about 60 or so. Have some size on the O-line, one is a UK verbal committ, which does not say much... but just young and not experience just yet.
Laf is having a down year. They lost so much last year and are very young to start to the year. Collins scrimaged them and it was an ok game. Thing about them, they will grow up quick against their opening schedule and should make a late season run. I don't think they start any sr's. so they are sort of reloading for next year.
Thanks guys !
i hoping for a rematch of wayne and central in playoffs
Beat down!!