Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: iPod Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to get a new computer because my otherone is soo messed up. I am wondering how to get songs from my iPod onto my new computer. I think there is a special program that has to be used if anyone knows. Thanks!
itunes..... just plug your ipod into the new computer then sync them together or whatever..
How old is your computer you have? You may not need a new one.
98NCCalum Wrote:How old is your computer you have? You may not need a new one.
No...Ive dropped it and stuff. Already tried replacing the Motherboard but now there are more problems.

1. Hard Drive is loose -- shake it the wrong way and it won't work until you shake it again..lol
2. Wireless doesn't work -- need for use in the library
3. Speakers don't work -- just a really good feature to have!
4. Battery won't charge. Where power cord plugs into computer is messed up.

So to fix all of that it was the better deal to get a new/better one.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:itunes..... just plug your ipod into the new computer then sync them together or whatever..
It asks if you want to update your iPod from your computer. If you do this, it will erase what is on the iPod because there will be nothing on the computer.
yeah that's what mine use to do. my brother figured out a way to get songs from his friends computer and not mess his up, or something. i'll havve to ask him..
i think when you get iTunes, there is an option for an auto update. if you can turn off Auto Update, then it wont erase your music or other content from your iPod.

cause when you plug in the iPod with Auto Update on, if there is no music in the Library, then it will erase the iPod clean...

so turn off Auto Update in iTunes. it should be in tools, but i may be wrong. just look under options and it should have Auto Update On/Off.... hit off and your in business.
IDK about that stuff.