Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can any team from the 15th win in the state Tourney?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have looked back over the past few years and lets face it our representatives have well sucked in the big dances.
Johnson Central won a game in 2000 in the sweet 16
South floyd won a game this year in the All A, i am not sure how long it had been since a 15th region team had won one.
I sure some of our historians can find out for us.
Seneca in 10 and 15
they beat SF 53-48 at Bryan Station
and defeated SV 58-47 at Paintsville

This is a soft, I mean a team made up of soph's and freshmen.
And they spanked 2 of our regions top teams.
The 15th pretty much has no chance... there is a lack of major size in the 15th.
South floyd missed a last second shot against Seneca at Bryan Station to tie the game and had to foul with 2 seconds left. Not really a spanking but none the less a defeat.
Well it could have been a "proper" dose.
So dont get your Bollocks in an uproar.
Doubt it very seriously if anyone could win state.
It just depends on who makes and who they draw.
Well lets face the facts compared to up state opponets the 15th region sucks. Were lacking size over all ability to hit clutch shots down at the end of games. Lack of respect for coaches and players we just dont have a team like the old Paintsville/Vanhoose conection.

Quote:It just depends on who makes and who they draw.

Region 1 if im not mistaking is who we drew this year. Needless to say there goes all hope of a win in the "BIG DANCE"
The 15th has no chance of winning anything at state. Valley is best team here and they are 69.0 power ranking. Some of the worst teams from some regions are better than that. As bad as i hate to say it, but we suck right now. Not because of a connection just the lack of work ethic and we don't have a winning tradition right now. We just go to state and expect to lose. How can we ever win something thinkin that way? But, too bad i think they same thing. I wish we had the same mental game as we do in football. We would be some competitors.
In a word......No.
Nope, not shot at all. In a few years there might be a team taht can atleast compete with the big dogs. Like stated earlier, the last team to compete in the Sweet 16 was Johnson Central in 2000. Pikeville won a game in 1999, before that was the Paintsville era which included their 1996 State Championship.
Newp. Next question please? LOL
Well, well where is our soap boxes of glory when put to a challenge.
Yee of little faith.
No way
Having Either Being Involved In Or Having Watched Games In The 15 Region For Quite A While, I Would If I May, Like To Add Some Personal Observations. Used To Be That When You Played In The 15th, Two Things Were Almost A Given. One----When You Played At Someone's Place----You Were Not Going To Get A Lot Of Breaks----That Was OK, Because When You Played At Your Place----You Would Get Most Of The Breaks----Everyone Knew This And Just Accepted It As The Way Things Were. Second----Anytime You Played It was Going To Be A Tough Physical Game---The Striped Shirts Weren't As Eager To Be As Visible As They Seem To Be Nowdays. They Let Teams Play Within Reason---But Kept Things From Getting Out Of Hand---All The Players And Coaches Understood This. From What I See Happening Today---The Striped Shirts Want To Be As Visible As The Players----They All Have Rabbit Ears and Developed X-Ray Vision---More Often Than Not--They Decide The Out Come Of A Game As Much As The Players. The Players All Seem To Be Prima Donnas----They Can't Be Touched Without "Dissing" Them And They Blow Up And Are Ready To Fight When Things Get Phycical. Until The Attitudes Of The Striped Shirts and Players Change---Then The 15 th Has No Chance Of Advancing Very Far----Much Less Winning , The BIG SHOW 8)
"GYM" Wrote:Used To Be That When You Played In The 15th, Two Things Were Almost A Given. One----When You Played At Someone's Place----You Were Not Going To Get A Lot Of Breaks----That Was OK, Because When You Played At Your Place----You Would Get Most Of The Breaks-------The Striped Shirts Weren't As Eager To Be As Visible As They Seem To Be Nowdays. --------- From What I See Happening Today---The Striped Shirts Want To Be As Visible As The Players------They Decide The Out Come Of A Game As Much As The Players.

i agree totally, the refs now think they are the center of attention. they call very bad games. then when a team from around here does make it to the show, the calling is a factor in the game for sure. refs like Wes Gilliam hurt the area more than they know, but it is ok, they get there attention fix at the games they ref in....
I agree gym State is a different kind of play than what the 15th is allowed to play. Even if allowed to play physical most players want to cry foul or he pushed me all night. Basketball is a physical sport. And given the 15th has no dominate team with size and a shooter it is not likely to win a game at state. Besides the 15th drew Region 11, that is Lex Cath, Henry Clay and other Lex schools, Frankfort * Franklin Co., Lex Christ Acad, E & W Jessamine, Madison South & Central. Region 11 has 9 teams with 14 plus win 15th has 4. Look what LCA done to SF and Henry Clay the region 11 top team as of now beat LCA 65-29.
Technically, basketball isn't a contact sport so I am glad the refs are tightening up on their calls.

Now, if you watch the NBA and all of there rough-housing you would think thats how rough it is supposed to be. It isn't, the best basketball in the world is now played during the Olympics. Watch it, if you still don't think so, watch ESPN Classic for some of the great 1980s games and tell me if you think the way they are called is similar.

And IMO the 80s were the NBA's heyday, Magic, Larry, and early Jordan playing days.
Anybody has a chance to win anytime. But realisticly, whoever gets out of the 15th will most likely have to play Henry Clay. And not even the vaunted Shelby Valley that everyone is in love with can even hang on the shorts of Henry Clay.