Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class "A" Regional Favorites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are your favorites for Regional Class A winners?
8th- Owen
9th- NCC
10th- Bishop Brossart
11th- LCA
12th- Danville
13th- Middlesboro
14th- KCC
15th- Paintsville
16th- Elliott County
Jackson County in the 13th, followed by Middlesboro and Williamsburg. Barbourville, Harlan and Pineville will also be competitive.
I didn't realize Jackson county was in 13th. They would be my pick too.
14th - Cordia or Hazard.... Knott no longer in All A
Williamsburg will be much improved in 13th. They have their three top scorers Griffith, Shelton and Sizemore back. Andrew Griffith will play after missing last year with a knee injury. They have also added some more size with two transfers. Williamsburg underachieved last year but I expect them to play much better this year. Andrew is a very skilled kid at 6'4".
13-Jackson County..14-Cordia..15-Lawrence County...16 Morgan County
Jackson County with the transfer of Collier and Harlan with the transfer of Miller in the 13th. Middlesboro and Williamsburg along with Pineville will be teams not to sleep on either.
8th- Owen
9th- NCC
10th- Bishop Brossart
11th- LCA
12th- Danville
13th- Middlesboro
14th- KCC
15th- Shelby Valley
16th- Elliott County
Lawrence County out of the 15th without question.
Lawrence is going to have a good year and Cook is a really good up and coming coach
Guys I will tell you watch out for Berea Community in the 11th region in the All "A". I know LCA is the team to beat, but they Pirates will be pretty tough, not a ton of Size but their entire team is like 6'2" but that is a scrappy bunch I saw them play twice during the summer and was kind of impressed.
8th- Owen
9th- NCC
10th- Bishop Brossart
11th- LCA
12th- Danville
13th- Middlesboro
14th- Cordia
15th- Shelby Valley
16th- Elliott County

Lawrence County is not in ALL A in 15th region this year.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Guys I will tell you watch out for Berea Community in the 11th region in the All "A". I know LCA is the team to beat, but they Pirates will be pretty tough, not a ton of Size but their entire team is like 6'2" but that is a scrappy bunch I saw them play twice during the summer and was kind of impressed.

I know they have a good assistant coach in Dollins. Young guy but knows a lot about the game. I wouldn't overlook the pirates at all.
Cordia wins class a state championship end of story.:1::1::1:
KHSAA12 Wrote:I know they have a good assistant coach in Dollins. Young guy but knows a lot about the game. I wouldn't overlook the pirates at all.

Let's give the Head Coach credit here...Coach Jackson is a big time up and comer, he is learning his craft in a no pressure place to win, but in the same respect getting his guys to buy in, Diondre Tate is one heck of a kid to watch.
Cordia and Lawrence County will be very competitive this year.Cook will do an amazing job there.
Cordia should win the Class A with all the talent they have
Lawrence Co. will be very good...but as someone else mentioned, they are no longer an All A school in basketball. If i'm not mistaken, the 15th went from 13 down to 9 teams in the All A this season.
The 13th should be very competitive this year. Jackson Co., Middlesboro, Wiiliamsburg, Pineville, Barbourville (host), and Harlan all will be very competitive. A lot will fall on how the tournament is seeded in my opinion as far as who reps the region in Frankfort.
Watch for RACELAND to have a good run- 16th.
It doesn't matter how much talent Cordia has, they have to become eligible to play and that's not happening..
Jackson Co and Middlesboro will clearly be the two strongest teams... Harlan could be a contender if the Miller kid plays like a mentally tough man and not like a mentally weak kid?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Jackson Co and Middlesboro will clearly be the two strongest teams... Harlan could be a contender if the Miller kid plays like a mentally tough man and not like a mentally weak kid?

I think he'll be just fine. Just because you have hard feelings about him transferring doesn't mean you should call him out like that.:flame:
BBN30 Wrote:I think he'll be just fine. Just because you have hard feelings about him transferring doesn't mean you should call him out like that.:flame:
I am not calling him out sir, just saying that if he is able to match mental toughness with his talent level than Harlan could be a contender....I am all for any success anyone or any team from Harlan County has. Go all Harlan County kids!!
Cover3 Wrote:Lawrence Co. will be very good...but as someone else mentioned, they are no longer an All A school in basketball. If i'm not mistaken, the 15th went from 13 down to 9 teams in the All A this season.

That's right, Lawrence is not in it this year.

They are just so good this year. Everyone is scared and afraid they are gonna win everything they play in.

And they wonder why everyone stays on their case. They don't even know where or when they play. :Shaking:
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I am not calling him out sir, just saying that if he is able to match mental toughness with his talent level than Harlan could be a contender....I am all for any success anyone or any team from Harlan County has. Go all Harlan County kids!!
That's the way it should be.Confusedinglepar
14th will go to knott1
don't know but heard williamsburg and jackson co drew each other again
Sheldon Clark will be tough to beat in the 15th watch out for James and Parsley.
Pages: 1 2