Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region...Does anyone know??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anything about any of the teams in this region??? What does each team have coming back??
I believe Powell gets everyone back..but not sure..might have lost 2 seniors.
Knott only lost 2 players that really didnt play alot....they return their star short stop in Heather Click. That girl can flat out play. According to my sources she may have a chance to play at UK.
Godspeed Wrote:I believe Powell gets everyone back..but not sure..might have lost 2 seniors.
Powell lost more than two seniors..
1st baseman... ashley mullins
2nd baseman... sylvania mccoy
center field... aleisha wells
left field ... laura steele
and several bench
tiffany mcintosh
bobbi roe
tina engle
* i think this is right.. although they lost several players they will be able to make up for the lost.. people might be surprised this year.. go lady pirates !!!
As most of the region knows Hazard and Estill County will be the top teams again. Hazard returns their pitcher and a few more girls and I am not to sure on Estill.
mtnballer Wrote:Powell lost more than two seniors..
and several bench
tiffany mcintosh
bobbi roe
tina engle
* i think this is right.. although they lost several players they will be able to make up for the lost.. people might be surprised this year.. go lady pirates !!!

Powell did lose a few seniors last year, but I do agree that they will be able to make up for the loss. Those seniors were great players but there are some underclassmen at powell who will fill their shoes. Like shelby Barnett. Last year she played centerfield some while wells was out, or hurt and she did a great job. They also return both pitchers, and there is upcoming pitching talent as well. so no one should underestimate them. TongueirateSho
i agree with #1 fan powell lost several very good contrbuting seniors on their team but im looking at their upcoming softballers who have a great deal of talent and combined with what talent they already have will make a good team
Estill has lost 2 players... LaKrisha Floyd she was our 1st baseman and Amanda Hymer she was our catcher.. But don't worry we have those postions covered.. Lyda Arvin will take 1st baseman and Amanda Edwards will return again as catcher...
Estill should be the easy pick to win the championship again.
Knott returns all starters.
Estill Co. has the 14th region locked up...we return all but two starters (our catcher, and our first baseman). We get back amanda edwards who is coming back from and acl tear, but still has great catching and hitting abilities, and we also have lyda arvin coming in and she is also a great hitter.
We will see.
letcher central -
total world domination.
Jenkins is going to be good this year. They return all their starters this year and are rebuilding a program that was very weak a few years ago.
Can you say Estill County.
Lee is down this year, losing...i think 6 seniors...all who started and played.
but with a new coaching staff i think they will rebuild as much as they can to make this a good program this year
go cougars
Powell will have a rebuilding year this year. Alot of young talent to get developed. Dont look to hear much from them until next year. I may be wrong tho. Go get em pirates and surprise us all.
Until a 14th region team scores a few
runs against Estill's pitcher, how can
you pick anyone else?
mtnballer Wrote:Powell lost more than two seniors..
and several bench
tiffany mcintosh
bobbi roe
tina engle
I know there are two ladys that can play frist base for the pirates Kelly Tipton and Erin Billings they will not be able to fill Mullins shoes which i think that is who started last year by this list.I know Kelly is a seinor and Billings is a sophomore.Any one have any ideas who will start or take the postion?Im not for sure how can fill the shoes of Mccoy is there anyone coming up that can play second base?We have some good outfeilders like kelly tipton can also play outfeild and shelby barnett?Does anyone have a idea who will start for the lady pirates?
Estill County has a phenominal softball team and i look for them to win it.
estill and powell will dominate softball this year, knott central will be doing nothing they are based on some sophmores that run the triangle in about 45 seconds..slow so dont worry about them.. and from what ive heard, powell has nothing but power hitters..
underrated Wrote:estill and powell will dominate softball this year, knott central will be doing nothing they are based on some sophmores that run the triangle in about 45 seconds..slow so dont worry about them.. and from what ive heard, powell has nothing but power hitters..

Do what? Have you seen the Click girl play? Arm like a cannon. Was at the plate around 100 times and never struck out.
underrated Wrote:estill and powell will dominate softball this year, knott central will be doing nothing they are based on some sophmores that run the triangle in about 45 seconds..slow so dont worry about them.. and from what ive heard, powell has nothing but power hitters..

And, while I'm at it, there are only two soph that play. Where are you getting your info.
Benchwarmer Wrote:And, while I'm at it, there are only two soph that play. Where are you getting your info.

I would like to know the same thing...the only sophmores that are playing this year are Kendra Thomas(catcher) a new comer Liz Howard(jv catcher)...Kara Slone(1st base and relief pitcher) and another new comer Liz King(outfield)..a little more than 2 sophmores.

What sophmores are you talking about...Knott Central revolves around Heather Click..the shortstop....she didnt strick out once last year and I know that for a fact. KCC has alot of good gloves....All they need is a pitcher and they would be a heck of a team!
Estill's strength is in their pitcher. If she's doing good, well the team does well, cause not many teams can hit "well" off her. Their infield is good, but not the best. Yet, I still think they're gonna take it this year. Good Luck Neers.
and_1 Wrote:I would like to know the same thing...the only sophmores that are playing this year are Kendra Thomas(catcher) a new comer Liz Howard(jv catcher)...Kara Slone(1st base and relief pitcher) and another new comer Liz King(outfield)..a little more than 2 sophmores.

I was talking about only two play varsity.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I was talking about only two play varsity.

I understand that...I just thuoght I would throw out the new comers names as well...
Estill has three seniors with SS- Brooke Reynolds, pitcher- Brittany Thomas, and RF-Sondra Hall. All three played in the East-West games as Juniors. Reynolds played SS most of all games. They have been playing together for years.
Pages: 1 2