Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Toughest Schedules In The State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard on the radio talk show tonight that the courier journal ranked the toughest schedules in the state.

They said the beginning of the list looked like this...

1. Trinity
2. St. Xavier
3. Whitley County

Is this true? Did anyone see the article?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Heard on the radio talk show tonight that the courier journal ranked the toughest schedules in the state.

1. Trinity
2. St. Xavier
3. Whitley County

Has anyone seen Harlan Co schedule?
^
HC's schedule is tough, I would imagine its up there as well.
Whitley's schedule is crazy!! I agree Whitley is up there with the big dogs. Louisville Central has a crazy non conference schedule too.
Colonels schedule is tough every year.
I know Bryan Station faces : Bowling Green, Highlands, Lex Cath, Henry Clay, Scott Co, and Lafayette this season. The first 3 that I named are their next 3 games.
TRUTH! Wrote:I know Bryan Station faces : Bowling Green, Highlands, Lex Cath, Henry Clay, Scott Co, and Lafayette this season. The first 3 that I named are their next 3 games.

Station isn't too shabby this year either. I'm hoping for the BG and Highlands games to at least be competitive and I think they beat LexCath this year.
This is strictly what i heard from our radio guys today on the sportshour.

I cant seem to find the article.
Several teams playing very tough schedules this year, Saint X, Whitley, Harlan County, Bryan Station, and Highlands have to rank up there. Trinity, of course, takes the cake for most difficult schedule, they're playing every dominant team in a 4 state radius it seems. Whitley might take the prize of toughest schedule in EKY, pretty dang tough road for the Colonels.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Heard on the radio talk show tonight that the courier journal ranked the toughest schedules in the state.

1. Trinity
2. St. Xavier
3. Whitley County

Whitley plays a tough schedule, but it is not as nearly as difficult as teams such as Male, Highlands, Manuel, Lex Catholic, Ballard, Bowling Green, etc.

It may be in the top 5 of the most difficult 5A schedules though.
How about a 1a team that plays 2 6a teams, 1 5a team, 2 3a teams and 2 2a teams. Then you figure in that 5 of the 10 teams on their schedule are ranked in the top 10 of their perspective class. Then you figure in that 1 of the teams are defending state runner ups. Also figure in that 1, maybe 2 others will be in the top 10 before the season is over.
There is a difference between objective toughness and subjective toughness.

Objectively Trinity has the toughest schedule, period.

Subjectively Mayfield has an argument playing all those bigger teams is tough on a 1A school, but Mayfield has talent.

What if you play 7 or 8 tough teams but don't have a chance? Isn't that a tough schedule? Bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Who fits that bill?
mysonis55 Wrote:How about a 1a team that plays 2 6a teams, 1 5a team, 2 3a teams and 2 2a teams. Then you figure in that 5 of the 10 teams on their schedule are ranked in the top 10 of their perspective class. Then you figure in that 1 of the teams are defending state runner ups. Also figure in that 1, maybe 2 others will be in the top 10 before the season is over.

I think alot of 1A schools get over looked when it comes to schedules and the number of kids.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is strictly what i heard from our radio guys today on the sportshour.

I cant seem to find the article.

I could not find it either. The radio guys are interesting to say the least... both of them are homers and don't seem to look objectively...basically giving excuses for this or that, but that is just my opinion.
Outside of district play Belfry has a tough schedule this year. It's one of the toughest I've seen in a while with so many teams dropping them from last season but not nearly as tough as the teams mention already in this thread. Another team that has rough way to go is Pike Central. I know for them it's a tough schedule but would not be that tough for the others already mentioned.
It will only make Belfry better. By the way I saw some posts of their uniforms on here last year and they were very sharp.
mysonis55 Wrote:It will only make Belfry better. By the way I saw some posts of their uniforms on here last year and they were very sharp.
Yeah they didn't get to far from the classic belfry look. They are a more fit snugg fitting jersey. Makes it hard to get a hold of the ball carrier. And yes you are right it will make Belfry a lot better.
Pleasure Ridge Park has a tough schedule as well.
The lost most of their offensive weapons from last year and have to play

@ Scott Co, John Hardin, @ Central, Manual and @ Butler
NCC 2A has a great schedule for a smaller school. Might be the best in 2A.
tvtimeout Wrote:I could not find it either. The radio guys are interesting to say the least... both of them are homers and don't seem to look objectively...basically giving excuses for this or that, but that is just my opinion.

David Paul is one of the best call guys in the business. Hes honest, and calls it like he sees it. Hes also stuck by the program threw a lot of tough years. He definitely deserves credit. Hes also the one that mentioned the article.

Dave Lennon on the other hand.....well, we'll leave it at that Confusednicker:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Whitley plays a tough schedule, but it is not as nearly as difficult as teams such as Male, Highlands, Manuel, Lex Catholic, Ballard, Bowling Green, etc.

It may be in the top 5 of the most difficult 5A schedules though.

Im not saying it is. I simply wanted to read the article. You dont have to be objective to every post about Whitley that comes across the board.

But, Morristown West, Bell, Madison Southern, and Boyle is a pretty tough out of district schedule, especially since Harlan County is in the district, and Perry seems to be doing better than expected. I think its at least equal to those other teams. Morristown West is the best team on our schedule. I dont think some understand that since there not an instate team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not saying it is. I simply wanted to read the article. You dont have to be objective to every post about Whitley that comes across the board.

But, Morristown West, Bell, Madison Southern, and Boyle is a pretty tough out of district schedule, especially since Harlan County is in the district, and Perry seems to be doing better than expected. I think its at least equal to those other teams. Morristown West is the best team on our schedule. I dont think some understand that since there not an instate team.

I try to be as objective as possible on all my posts.
[B]Definition of objective (adj)[/B]

Bing Dictionaryob·jec·tive
[ ob jéktiv ]
[url=http://www.bing.com/th?id=Ae3QIcGZSI0JXrg100x100&pid=Dictionary][/url]

1. free of bias: free of any bias or prejudice caused by personal feelings
  2. based on facts: based on facts rather than thoughts or opinions
tvtimeout Wrote:I think alot of 1A schools get over looked when it comes to schedules and the number of kids.

1a Williamsburg first 5 games
6a Knoxville halls
5a north laurel
3a pike county central
3a Wayne county
4a Harrison county
If we are talking about the size of schools then mayfield has the toughest with Williamsburg 2nd :Clap::Clap::Clap:
64SUR Wrote:1a Williamsburg first 5 games
6a Knoxville halls
5a north laurel
3a pike county central
3a Wayne county
4a Harrison county
If we are talking about the size of schools then mayfield has the toughest with Williamsburg 2nd :Clap::Clap::Clap:

Halls is 5A, not 6A.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Halls is 5A, not 6A.

Why thank you Walt I needed that :ChairHit:
SEKYFAN Wrote:I try to be as objective as possible on all my posts.
[B]Definition of objective (adj)[/B]

Bing Dictionaryob·jec·tive
[ ob jéktiv ]
[url=http://www.bing.com/th?id=Ae3QIcGZSI0JXrg100x100&pid=Dictionary][/url]

1. free of bias: free of any bias or prejudice caused by personal feelings
  2. based on facts: based on facts rather than thoughts or opinions

Let me change objective to a di.....nevermind.