Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Rankings Week 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enjoy....

Class 1A

1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Fairview
4. Williamsburg
5. Russellville
6. Pikeville
7. Raceland
8. Hazard
9. Frankfort
10. Bellevue

Class 2A

1. Newport Central Catholic
2. Caldwell County
3. Somerset
4. DeSales
5. Holy Cross
6. Bardstown
7. Glasgow
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Walton-Verona
10. Prestonsburg

Class 3A

1. Central
2. Belfry
3. Wayne County
4. Bourbon County
5. South Warren
6. Paducah Tilghman
7. Bell County
8. Fort Campbell
9. Mason County
10. Lawrence County

Class 4A

1. Highlands
2. Covington Catholic
3. Lex Cath
4. Collins
5. Madisonville North Hopkins
6. Johnson Central
7. Boyle County
8. Owensboro
9. Knox Central
10. Russell County

Class 5A

1. Bowling Green
2. John Hardin
3. Harlan County
4. Conner
5. Cooper
6. Anderson County
7. Graves County
8. Christian County
9. Warren Central
10. Pulaski County

Class 6A

1. Trinity
2. Scott Co
3. PRP
4. St. Xavier
5. Henry Clay
6. Male
7. Butler
8. Henderson Co
9. Simon Kenton
10. Ryle
I want be happy until we get that number 1 spot Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Thank Pulaski county should be a little. Higher.
Pulaski is better than 10th IMO but, I'm sure they'll prove that in time.
I am a long time die hard Fairview fan , & i know im gonna get crap for this from my fellow Eagles , but here it goes . 1st i think we will be better than what a lot of people think we will , but no where as good as the expectations my fellow Westwoodians have . I think we will be tough but young needing to get our skill guys exp . I do however think we will be very very tough next yr . Now with that said it pains me to say i feel Russellville , Pikeville , & yes even Raceland should be ranked higher than us or Williamsburg . I hope i am VERY wrong on this but just giving my honest opinion
Talon Wrote:I am a long time die hard Fairview fan , & i know im gonna get crap for this from my fellow Eagles , but here it goes . 1st i think we will be better than what a lot of people think we will , but no where as good as the expectations my fellow Westwoodians have . I think we will be tough but young needing to get our skill guys exp . I do however think we will be very very tough next yr . Now with that said it pains me to say i feel Russellville , Pikeville , & yes even Raceland should be ranked higher than us or Williamsburg . I hope i am VERY wrong on this but just giving my honest opinion

I cant vouch for Pike or Race but Russellville might be the #1 or #2 in the class. They play Ft Campbell Fri so we should be able to draw something from how that goes with Ft Campbell having played Mayfield and Rville
Raceland vs Ashland Friday too.
I too think Pulaski county could be a little higher. But in do time I think they will move up.
I agree with most of you that Pulaski could potentially be higher, but lets face it guys, nobody expected them to wax Somerset like they did.
A couple more weeks of proving they belong, and they could move up. For all we know, Somerset is highly overrated. The first rankings are always the hardest to do, but our team here at BGR works hard to make these the most accurate rankings in the state.
St X is ALOT better than 4th. I honestly think they could end Trinity state run. I would rank Trinity at 1 but X has to be at 2 IMO.
Early rankings are very difficult. We'll know a lot more in a couple of weeks. A lot of undefeated teams right now. A lot of god teams with losses to other good teams. About the 5th game things will start to take shape.
How about dropping Somerset. They took a whooping
Talon Wrote:I am a long time die hard Fairview fan , & i know im gonna get crap for this from my fellow Eagles , but here it goes . 1st i think we will be better than what a lot of people think we will , but no where as good as the expectations my fellow Westwoodians have . I think we will be tough but young needing to get our skill guys exp . I do however think we will be very very tough next yr . Now with that said it pains me to say i feel Russellville , Pikeville , & yes even Raceland should be ranked higher than us or Williamsburg . I hope i am VERY wrong on this but just giving my honest opinion

Funny u mention this. Because I mentioned in another thread that, expectations have seemed to eventually lead to disapointment. No offense to EC, but Raceland should have won that game by 50+ pts. 3 redzone drives stalled and 2 long Beach runs negated by penalties. Thus, they missed out on 3 extra tds in the 1st quarter. Untik Raceland shows me they can be more physical on offense and play a cleaner ball game as far as penalties go, I wouldt put them any higher that 6. My 1A top 10 as of last weeks results:

Mayfield, Beechwood, Russellvile, Fairview, Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard, Williambsurg, Bellevue, KCD
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Funny u mention this. Because I mentioned in another thread that, expectations have seemed to eventually lead to disapointment. No offense to EC, but Raceland should have won that game by 50+ pts. 3 redzone drives stalled and 2 long Beach runs negated by penalties. Thus, they missed out on 3 extra tds in the 1st quarter. Untik Raceland shows me they can be more physical on offense and play a cleaner ball game as far as penalties go, I wouldt put them any higher that 6. My 1A top 10 as of last weeks results:

Mayfield, Beechwood, Russellvile, Fairview, Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard, Williambsurg, Bellevue, KCD

I wonder how long it has been since a Raceland and Fairview fan argued over who was the WEAKER team lol
I believe in 2a Glasgow should be at least top 5 and Caldwell should be number 1. But with early season rankings I guess you have to go with the defending champ NCC at one until the lose a game and Glasgow opened up with a weak team so really can't get a measuring stick there. Also Danville looked pretty good Saturday .
DreamKiller Wrote:How about dropping Somerset. They took a whooping

I agree. Pulaski County must be a really good team and Glasgow should be ranked ahead of Somerset this week. We will soon find out.
0ops, double post.
Who do you guys think Somerset would lose to thats ranked below them?
1-3-1-press Wrote:St X is ALOT better than 4th. I honestly think they could end Trinity state run. I would rank Trinity at 1 but X has to be at 2 IMO.

I agree. In my opinion, there is no way that Scott County and PRP should be ranked ahead of them.
rebel 4 life Wrote:Thank Pulaski county should be a little. Higher.

Of the teams above them who do see them beating if they played.
I can see why Boyle County is 7th coming out of the gate but I honestly believe they are a solid #4 team in 4A behind only Highlands, Covington Catholic and Lexington Catholic. The season is still new so the rankings will shape up as the season progresses. Every team has to prove themselves. With that, no ranking is ever perfect.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who do you guys think Somerset would lose to thats ranked below them?

I think Glasgow and Desales would beat Somerset right now. From what we were hearing about Somerset, they were supposed to be very good this year. Just because somebody says it, it doesn't make it so.
adopted purple Wrote:I think Glasgow and Desales would beat Somerset right now. From what we were hearing about Somerset, they were supposed to be very good this year. Just because somebody says it, it doesn't make it so.

I think Somerset would beat anyone ranked below the right now. Pulaski Co would beat all teams ranked below Somerset Right now. Don't write Somerset off because they lost 1st game to a very good 5A Team.:rockon:
what about breathitt in class 3a
Cellking Wrote:I think Somerset would beat anyone ranked below the right now. Pulaski Co would beat all teams ranked below Somerset Right now. Don't write Somerset off because they lost 1st game to a very good 5A Team.:rockon:
Very good point!, Great example - 3 years ago Pulaski county beat Harlan County the first week of the year at home by a score of 40-6, then later that year HC beat them 35-21 in the Regional Championship game... so dont bury Somerset yet, especialy in 2A
Somerset is still a good team, they just ran into a buzz saw last week. and it don't get any easier this week. but come playoff time they will be right in the mix.
Somerset won't make the playoffs they lost to much
Knox Central will fall out of your top 10 after they play some real teams
We can argue all year long over who should be ranked where. It don't really matter at the end when 6 teams are hoisting big trophies. What makes me like this poll is the fact that we have 5 top 10 ranked teams on our regular season schedule. That's not counting Murray who will be one soon.