Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley vs. Matewan, WV @ South Floyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Shelby Valley will travel to Matewan this friday, whats everyone'e predictions on this one.??
They play at South Floyd. they will have their hands full. This is a team that is very good every yr.
I will take Matewan on this one is a great game!

MHS- 35
SVHS- 32
ill take valley on this one easily matewan should have a good team but from the ones i saw a the hatfield macoy game there not too big but valley isnt either but im still for valley

valley-35
matewan-6
winner Wrote:ill take valley on this one easily matewan should have a good team but from the ones i saw a the hatfield macoy game there not too big but valley isnt either but im still for valley

valley-35
matewan-6
The one's that played in the H/M game don't play anymore!

Matwan 28
Valley 12
Matewan 38-14
I'll take valley Matewan is really weak.
Does anyone know anything about matewan?
NYY10 Wrote:Shelby Valley will travel to Matewan this friday, whats everyone'e predictions on this one.??
This game actually is at South Floyd.
SV v Matewan at South Floyd
RB#2 Wrote:Does anyone know anything about matewan?
Matewan returns 15 Sr this year with a Qb who was throwing 60 yds td last year, rb that is as fast as matt maynard, and some BIG boys on the line. Matewan needs to work on the run game but has a good chance at state this year. We'll see they play one of the hardest schedules in Class A I have ever seen. Good luck to both team's. Matewan-20, SV-18.
I'll take Shelby Valley !

SVHS-30
MHS--20
I don't see Matewan having the speed necessary to stop Valley's passing game, but I don't see Valley having the size to stop Matewan's running game. Simply because running is more reliable than passing, most of the time, I'm going to have to predict Matewan. However, I'll be cheering for Valley.
Valley
I will be at this game and I am picking Matewan big....46-12....Halftime score 28-0....
I used to live in Matewan and have always kinda paid attention when I see their scores come across here in the tristate. They seem to almost always be on the winning side and be ranked in the 1A top 5 in West Virginia (which is alot of weaker than KY admittedly). I'll take Matewan in this one.

Matewan - 35
Valley - 21
I'll take Matewan in this one! Go Tigers!
I think this is gonna be a pretty good game. But in the end i think Valley will hold up. Its a good test to see if last friday was just cause valley is good this year or if phelps is just being the same ol phelps Smile Smile Smile
UVA_Wise_Football Wrote:I think this is gonna be a pretty good game. But in the end i think Valley will hold up. Its a good test to see if last friday was just cause valley is good this year or if phelps is just being the same ol phelps Smile Smile Smile

I can't help but to comment on this one... I don't have ANY idea how old you are but I can promise you... Phelps WAS NOT always the "same ol Phelps".. and (BTW.. Phelps is a city, therefore it is capitalized).... I can remember, yes, years ago when the little team that your dogging went 10-0 regular season and their QB got his leg broken and couldn't play. They were GREAT!!! SO... before you go puttin down a bunch of kids... research what your talking about... it may just make you look a little smarter!!!:Clap:
1984, I do believe
If I'm not mistaken Valley has not lost on South Floyds field sicne it has been opened. I'm taken Valley in this one but in a close game. I think they have a lil trickery left for Matewan.
Charleston paper's pre-seson poll is out - Matewan ranked #8 in A.
who is coaching matewan now?????i used to play college ball for butch joplin i know he coached there awhile back and i don't think he is at pikeville anymore so does he have any affiliation with the tigers ?
I was the greatest Wrote:who is coaching matewan now?????i used to play college ball for butch joplin i know he coached there awhile back and i don't think he is at pikeville anymore so does he have any affiliation with the tigers ?
Yogi Kinder is the coach...Melvin Cunningham, who played at Marshall is an assistant at Matewan.
VHSL-helper Wrote:Charleston paper's pre-seson poll is out - Matewan ranked #8 in A.

It should be a good test for Valley. Good luck Wildcats.....
MW is down this year. I look for SV to pull this one out 32 to 14.
hootie Wrote:MW is down this year.
Really?
I heard they returned 15 starters and were pre-season #8 in the state.
Evem though i was really let down with the valley last week(sportsmanship) or lack there of. I'll take valley 30-14. Good luck to both teams.
Matewan-28
Valley-7
Valley-28
MW-17
fox sports Wrote:This game actually is at South Floyd.
SV v Matewan at South Floyd

my bad..sorry
Pages: 1 2 3