Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morristown West 42 Whitley County 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Overall, im not to depressed about it.

Whitley had two starting d backs out and MW beat us with the pass.
Close game at half.

MW made the adjustments, Whitley didnt.

It only gets easier after this one.
You are right it does get easier, and at the end of the day non-district games are just preperation.
Whitley defense has some big questions to answer as i said in the prediction thread.

There offense gave up once there defense failed to stop the pass in the 2nd qtr.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Overall, im not to depressed about it.

Close game at half.

Always making excuses. No excuse. Lost to a better team. That is it, period!!
^
Who said they werent a better team?
Im not making excuses. I was telling the truth.

It showed tonight.

But back on topic, its getting extremely hard to watch this coaching anymore.
Going for a 40+ yard field goal on a 4th and 4 or 5 right before halftime was useless. Didnt even get high enough to clear the cross bar.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final.

Gut if Morristown is as good as I've been reading about then Whitley will do fine and will probably beat a lot of teams this year.
1st series was awesome going for it twice on 4th down and score now that was cool.i was pulling for whitley in this one.:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

Close game at half.

The story of us mountain folks life!:HitWall:
Do-double-gg Wrote:Gut if Morristown is as good as I've been reading about then Whitley will do fine and will probably beat a lot of teams this year.

You'll always have your haters, but MW is a very good football team.
To much talent for Whitley. I didnt go, but others told me they have one of the nicest facilities theyve ever seen. A couple of guys i talked to said it was nicer than any stadium they had been to up here.

As i said earlier, i think this is Whitleys toughest opponent on the schedule. Time to grow up or get beat to death.
Do-double-gg Wrote:The story of us mountain folks life!:HitWall:

I still think MW would have beat us with a pass, but i didnt know until hearing on the radio that one of Whitleys CB's had an apendectomy and is out for a dew weeks and one of there safetys didnt play and was in street clothes, didnt hear what the injury was though.
Could have made it a different ball game. We got burnt all night by the long pass. The frosh wasnt ready for it.
64SUR Wrote:1st series was awesome going for it twice on 4th down and score now that was cool.i was pulling for whitley in this one.:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

That first series sounded exciting. Whitley eat up the entire first qtr almost with that first possession. At the end of the first, it was a 7-6 ball game, but MW scored on almost every possesion it seemed. Whitley did good early on stopping the run, but would get burnt on almost all 3rd and longs.
Guts right, i was there.

Whitley having the two dbs out killed them. This was a close game for a long time. Whitley just got burnt by the deep ball, and MW made the correct adjustments.

I think Whitley will have a good year. MW is a good football team. Would be in the top 5 in 5A in this state...
Whitley is not expected to be great this year, they lost too many skilled players. They held their own against hazard in a scrimmage and were obviously over matched today. They will be better then expected this year!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I still think MW would have beat us with a pass, but i didnt know until hearing on the radio that one of Whitleys CB's had an apendectomy and is out for a dew weeks and one of there safetys didnt play and was in street clothes, didnt hear what the injury was though.
Could have made it a different ball game. We got burnt all night by the long pass. The frosh wasnt ready for it.

Who were the DB's that were out? Who was the Frosh that wasn't ready? MW only threw one long pass and it was almost picked by #2. I don't think any other pass was more than 8-10 yards down field and several were at line or 3-4 yards down field.
I do agree MW is best team Whitley will play or maybe 2nd best. Harlan Co. is loaded.
It was an awesome facility, great crowd. well officiated. Class act..............
Whitley Co. boys I felt you left it all on the field, your effort was a mark of distinction I for one can see where you gave us all you had. Good effort good bunch of kids GOOD LUCK

Close game at half.

You surprise me riutg. I can start to understand the situation at WC. If you don't understand this post (excuse) you and others made about not having played better at Morristown, I don't have a lot of hope for you. It was disgusting, If the athlete at WC who has busted his posteria and given all he has to play and replaced one of those hurt athletes has read this I promise you, you have set him back to feeling like he can't play and he feels that he has caused his school to loose. The parents of the two who replaced HOW DO YOU THINK THEY FEEL SHAME SHAME SHAME
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You'll always have your haters, but MW is a very good football team.
To much talent for Whitley. I didnt go, but others told me they have one of the nicest facilities theyve ever seen. A couple of guys i talked to said it was nicer than any stadium they had been to up here.

As i said earlier, i think this is Whitleys toughest opponent on the schedule. Time to grow up or get beat to death.

It's nice....but not in the same solar system with HC. I knew west would win this game, but not sure I knew they would dominate. The thing that stood out to me when HC played them last year was their size. Some big corn fed younguns. Trust me when I say...it does not get easier from here...

Tr
Calpreps (whose ratings I am actually growing fond of for their accuracy of their top teams) had Morristown West as the #9 or #10 team in TN 5A with a 30.8 rating...pretty accurate.. puts them a little below Harlan County.. slightly ahead of Johnson Central and Belfry for comparison purposes.

This is about the score I would expect HC to beat Whitley by,, HC is about a 28-30 point favorite IMHO, and just a little more than what I would favor Belfry and JC over them (a 21-24 point favorite if I were making a prediction).
Bear_Paw Wrote:It's nice....but not in the same solar system with HC. I knew west would win this game, but not sure I knew they would dominate. The thing that stood out to me when HC played them last year was their size. Some big corn fed younguns. Trust me when I say...it does not get easier from here...

Tr

I have to disagree...I BY NO MEANS THINK WHITLEY HAS IT EASY REST OF YEAR but there are no more 2hr 30min bus trips on Saturday night. Their will not be as big a crowd against Whitley at any other game, their is no more 1st game opening night jitters and there is no team left on schedule as good as MW except Harlan Co.
I'm starting to get used to the 2 hr 30 min trips. That's about how long we taveled last night. Look at the bright side footballfever, if you drive THAT much, there's bound to be a Cracker Barrel somewhere close!!!!

Wink
I thought Whitley would give them more of a ball game
I don't think HC would give them much more of a game. Ky, teams winning over Tenn. is an exception not normal. Division 1 football players, Tenn has 25 for every 1 Kentucky has.:flame::flame:
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm starting to get used to the 2 hr 30 min trips. That's about how long we taveled last night. Look at the bright side footballfever, if you drive THAT much, there's bound to be a Cracker Barrel somewhere close!!!!

Wink

We all have our favorites and mine are a DQ Blizzard or cold beer Confusednicker:
footballfever Wrote:Who were the DB's that were out? Who was the Frosh that wasn't ready? MW only threw one long pass and it was almost picked by #2. I don't think any other pass was more than 8-10 yards down field and several were at line or 3-4 yards down field.
I do agree MW is best team Whitley will play or maybe 2nd best. Harlan Co. is loaded.

I forget what Dave said on the radio.
You have to take what they say with a grain of salt, but i promise you they said two Whitley starting defensive backs were out. I wasnt there and dont know enough about the team to comment. Just going by what the radio guys said. They also said there was an 83 yard TD pass, and a short pass where the receiver gained 50 or 60 yards.

I wasnt there so i have to rely on the not so reliable radio team.
Bear_Paw Wrote:It's nice....but not in the same solar system with HC. I knew west would win this game, but not sure I knew they would dominate. The thing that stood out to me when HC played them last year was their size. Some big corn fed younguns. Trust me when I say...it does not get easier from here...

Tr

Other than HC, Whitley wont face a tougher opponent all year.
topnotch Wrote:You surprise me riutg. I can start to understand the situation at WC. If you don't understand this post (excuse) you and others made about not having played better at Morristown, I don't have a lot of hope for you. It was disgusting, If the athlete at WC who has busted his posteria and given all he has to play and replaced one of those hurt athletes has read this I promise you, you have set him back to feeling like he can't play and he feels that he has caused his school to loose. The parents of the two who replaced HOW DO YOU THINK THEY FEEL SHAME SHAME SHAME

I dont really care.
Im just a fan. This is a message board.
We played awful, we looked awful, and we coach awful. Something needs to be done, and i dont think that wasnt known when i posted that. This defense is going to need major work.

If they dont get better there feeling are going to get hurt much worse when there going 2-8 or 3-7 with the schedule they got.
Man overboard mayday-mayday somebody save runitupthegut :pirategir
A 5A school should have no problem replacing 2 DB IMO...Whitley just got beat by a very good football team, there're a lot of winnable games left but I have a feeling it could be a long year for the colonels..
Pages: 1 2