Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ Russell 8/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Russell will win Easy but I guess the the question is how many points will Greenup score?
Greenup will score 14 on Russell's JV.
I like Russell 28-10:Thumbs:
Russell 28
GC 7
Russell 32
Greenup 8
Greenup will surprise everybody in this game. I really do understand that they aren't that great but not as bad as people are talking. they can't make mistakes and have 15 flags this game or turnovers. I really see greenup winning. Russell will struggle all season and that's why they dropped Raceland.
That's wrong again.

They probably will struggle most of this season. But that's not why they dropped the Ams and you know it.
Russell wins, Im just wondering what has happened to Russell's program? There not even mentioned in the elite of the state nowadays...Anyway

Russell 24
GC 7
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Russell wins, Im just wondering what has happened to Russell's program? There not even mentioned in the elite of the state nowadays...Anyway

Russell 24
GC 7

Nothing has happened to it. Same as it ever was just not as much talent the last few years.

They haven't had a losing record since last century and should be much better the next couple of years with some good young talent coming up.
FBALL Wrote:Russell 28
GC 7

Ditto...
I think Korzep hit the nail on the head when he said one of his leadership rolls as Captain will be to put an end to the second half relaxation Russell has always had in the past. Russell will win this game. Not saying Greenup won't give them a run for their money. Greenup is improving at a steady pace but so is Russell.
After seeing Greenup in week one I will say this.

If tey fail to cover the pass they are in trouble. I know Russell isn't going to sling it all over the field 40 or 50 times but if they choose to throw it, it could lead to big gains and lots of scores.

If Greenup fails to find a passing game all Russell will do is load the box and contain the good backs that the Musketeers do have.

My prediction is Russell, 42-20.
Leadership has a part in it. All the turmoil and uncertainty about coach I don't think helped much either. Hopefully those health issues have stabilized.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:After seeing Greenup in week one I will say this.

If tey fail to cover the pass they are in trouble. I know Russell isn't going to sling it all over the field 40 or 50 times but if they choose to throw it, it could lead to big gains and lots of scores.

If Greenup fails to find a passing game all Russell will do is load the box and contain the good backs that the Musketeers do have.

My prediction is Russell, 42-20.

Have you watched Russell over the years? They would still grind it out if the defense played with seven players. So greenup dosent have to worry about being beat with the pass. They can go ahead and put 8- 9 guys on the line like most teams do and concentrate on stopping the run
As I stated in my previous post I said "If they choose to pass".
Russell by 20.
And like I said, have you watched Russell, they never have, or never will throw to exploit a weak pass defense
I wish GC could field a team so that there would be something to talk about other than how many points Russell will win by
that's right Wrote:Greenup will surprise everybody in this game. I really do understand that they aren't that great but not as bad as people are talking. they can't make mistakes and have 15 flags this game or turnovers. I really see greenup winning. Russell will struggle all season and that's why they dropped Raceland.

If you think gc has a chance in this game. I got some fools gold I'll sell you cheap!
Say $1800 a ounce!!
Greenup can't win w turnovers and penalties. Closer than most of u think 18-12 Russell but I wouldn't be shocked if the score is flipped.
Greenup is improved but so is Russell. 35-7 devils. Just asking is Conley playing varsity this year?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Greenup is improved but so is Russell. 35-7 devils. Just asking is Conley playing varsity this year?

Yes Nick is starting Friday night.
Let the youth movement begin. Russell should return to form over the next couple of years. The line play will be the key.
I'm taking Russell, 28-14
I have watched both play and this will be a closer game because GC has a good run defense and has a couple of good backs in Byrd 20-169, Boggs 12-63, Hunt 4-25 in last week game. To close to call
Greenup County can't have 16 penalties including 6 holding calls against just their running backs like they had against Lewis County and win this game. At least half of these were in inside the Lewis County 30 yard line including drives stalling at the end of the half and the first drive of the 2nd half. They have to get that fixed and fast.
Greenup did basically beat themselves bad penalties and terrible special teams play.

They had zero passing game and still manage to stay in the game, running the same few plays over and over. Their O-Line played amazingly, when you consider Lewis County knew there were really no chance of a pass being called and they could stack the line.

Who knows what would have happened if they ran a few different type draw plays, and throw in a mixture of screens?

Do not get me wrong I am not taking anything away from Lewis their staff was good enough to see what was going on and it looked liked they planned for it the right way. And their players executed as well as they needed.

Nor am I saying they will beat Russell.
Test
Better coaching staff------ Russell x10
Quarterback-------- ------ Russell
Offensive line--------------Russell
Running backs-------------Russell
Defensive backs-----------Russell
Linebackers---------------Russell
Defense line---------------Russell
Special teams-------------Russell
Penalties/mistakes-------- Greenup Co

Mistakes and penalties reflect the what?? Hint.... Begins with C

Winner RUSSELL!!!! BUT THEN AGAIN THE SKY MAY FALL! NA.!!!!!!!!
Russell 49-14
I believe Sammy Smith will be a nightmare for Greenup center and QB. 350lbs of power and faster than your typical linemen. Double team him then Logan and Landon will getcha IMO.
Pages: 1 2