Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 47 Berea 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from LCC
Thats about right.
Williams kid is something special. Run, catch, and I think a punt return td's. First game 3 td's. Great job. Use this week to get better. Blair threw great. Don't know final stats, but two passing td's in first half was awesome.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Williams kid is something special. Run, catch, and I think a punt return td's. First game 3 td's. Great job. Use this week to get better. Blair threw great. Don't know final stats, but two passing td's in first half was awesome.

Outcome was expected. Glad to hear that Jaylyn is having that big of an impact as a sophomore! Looks like a bright future for him and the cougars.
Good to see the Cougars getting back on track.
isnt berea like a 1A school?
Yes Berea is!
Any time you are a 1st year Coach the first win at a school is special, Good luck to Mike and LCC.
Congrats LCC on the win
Berea only has about 20 kids, and only 4 can really play. Gonna be another long year for the Pirates.
Ouch!
This was a good game for the kids. I think the Williams kid had four touchdowns he ran one caught two and a punt ret.
Thanks for clarifying. I thought he just had three.
Nice win for this Team
It was what it was, a tune up game for LCC and a chance for Berea to play larger competition. Hats off to the Pirates for playing hard throughout and not quitting on any plays. They are going to be a solid 1A team this year and wanted to improve against a harder opponent. LCC needs more than one player to step up now and demonstrate some leadership on the field. As stated Jaylyn Williams was epic. Its good news for the future that he's only a sophomore. Speed, illusive, catching, blocking and a big hitter. I seen him lay more than a handfull on there backs lastnite. Still we need more players to step up and become awake on friday night. IMO Holcomb is finally the right fit for LCC. On and off the field a professional and gentelman. IMO LCC's playbook looks the best it ever has and the young men under the helmets wan't to play for him. His demeanor on the sidelines was very calm and collect, a true credit to LCC. I am pleased that he had two seperate units on both sides of the ball. This will give much needed rest at the 5A level. We are very small IMO but executed well lastnite. The Cougars made many mistakes and had some missed assignments and moments when they were really flat. Some plays wen't smooth and flawless while others were plagued by unawareness and lethargy. I expect those wrinkles to dissapear this weeks coming practice. If the management and fans at LCC will hop on Holcombs train 100% then special and great things will come outta this foundation building year. They need alot of support at all levels. Programs from the peewee up need to know who he and his staff are and give them the access and respect they are earning.
KCCFootball Wrote:isnt berea like a 1A school?

:dudecomeon: 1a pretty dang good you want some of 1a. Try some Williamsburg,hazard pikeville Harlan Jenkins in eastern Kentucky Confusednicker:
21 had a good game game last night. I also thought four or five of your players on defense had a spectacular game. When 21 ran his touchdowns there was some awesome blocking.I watched some film this morning of the game. There are 2 players that stood out for me in the blocking effort for the t downs. After an above post said that LCC had 2 separate units for defense and offense. I went back and looked at my notes. I counted at least 2 players that play both sides. But, I am a firm believer that in high school football if their bodies can take the physical part of playing both sides of the ball and they have the ability utilize it. I feel at this moment LCC has about 6 to 7 players that are ready for district play.If the others get into this mode LCC could be a contender in district.I am taking notes and getting ready.
Wish I had footage of that one handed catch for a td. Was in my opinion one of the great plays so far this year.
This could be a long year for the Pirates.
Yes i stated that LCC had two seperate units and in that there are a couple players who are going both sides but many are getting rest. The one handed grab has to be on the LCC all time highlights. The better part of that was the downfield blocking a very bright area for the offense IMO. Sports Overtime missed possibly one of the top 10 plays on the year in MTN. Football not getting film on the one hander.
I can not for the life of me figure out what these bigger schools think they get by playing these 1a schools. The Khsaa has got to do something you get a reputation as being pretty good and no one want to play you.. I m not just picking on Letcher ,there is no way a schools playing 4a and above should be playing 1a and 2a schools.
:Thumbs:Glad to see the Cougars get a W. Hopefully this is the year LCC can get things rolling!
A contract agreed upon by both schools. If you are a member of the KHSAA you can play whomever you desire, lot of things to correct than scheduling of games.
They knew what they was getting into when they agreed to play. If it makes them better then it is worth it.
It was a deal between Coach Rains and Berea. Coach Holcomb will go in a different direction.
I guess this means Letcher has a legit shot at beating the black bears?
Williams will be special.Mark it down.Seen the kid play in grade school and he's exciting to watch.The Blair kid at quarterback is learning every game.LCC looks to be getting back on track.
Someone told me that the game is online somewhere. Can anyone confirm the website.
Berea never wins!!! Good scheduling by LCC much better than the trip to Frankfort.
Insideinfo,
Let me tell you what this bigger school got from playing a 1A school and winning big. This program has been beaten down over the past few years and the kids were at rock bottom. The past few years we have dressed fewer kids than many of the single A schools and wins have been far and few in between. Confidence is what these kids gained from that win even though the win came against a small school that is trying to build their own tradition by playing some of the bigger schools. It was a win/win for both schools and I think that both teams got better because of the game Friday night. Coach Holcomb had nothing to do with the scheduling of that game and I am positive that he will not put those types of games on the schedule as the team improves over the next few years. His job is to come in and completely rebuild and overhaul a program that had fallen on tough times and he is definitely the man for the job. The kids and community love him and he is returning that love. He is starting where it is important and attending all of the Pee-Wee games and traveling to watch and help with all of his middle school feeder schools whenever possible. The kids, parents, and coaches at the lower level loves him because of his enthusiasm. I think this move to Letcher County has rejuvinated Mike and he has the competitive juices flowing again. I would bet you my next pay check that he would tell you that he was actually nervous before that game against Berea and how long do you think it has been since Mike Holcomb has been nervous. Anyway, I will get out of the pulpit and say that Letcher County and Berea both benefited greatly from that game and both will be better for it in the long haul.
Pages: 1 2