Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Pitt (TN) 35 Bell County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Not a bad showing for the Bobcats IMO. A lot of those teams in the Chattanooga area are really good.
Pretty solid showing from the Bobcats..pretty clear they are not their normal selves..but also clear they aren't just going to suddenly fall off the map
If the team that shows up in the 4th quarter shows up the rest of the year, this is gonna be an exciting team. Defense has got to tackle better, and offense has got to get in a rhythm early. I like the mix of run and pass we had in the 4th. Evan Brock looked like a solid option to hand the ball off to. I think a lot of people has underestimated this team, myself included. Looked solid tonight.
South Pittsburgh (Tenn.) 6 8 14 7 35

Bell Co. 6 0 0 14 20

Scoring summary:

B--Woolum 1 run (kick failed); SP--Lankford 2 run (Mitchell run); SP--Lankford 13 run (Fitzgerald kick); SP--Gridner 2 run (Fitzgerald kick); SP--Lankford 37 run (Fitzgerald kick); B--Brock 9 run (Collett run); B--Woolum 1 run (run failed); SP--Lankford 9 run (Fitzgerald kick).
Records: South Pittsburgh 1-0, Bell Co. 0-1.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/08/22/27802...osition=44
It will take this Bell team a little while to round into shape. They are well coached and will improve as the season goes along.
I thought bell would make it a lot closer, means that still have a lot of work to do.
panther nation Wrote:I thought bell would make it a lot closer, means that still have a lot of work to do.

Bell got a lot more out of playing South Pitt than Knox playing Atherton.
Amped 88 Wrote:Bell got a lot more out of playing South Pitt than Knox playing Atherton.
:dontthink
Now you want to start the trash talking already!! Well at least we defended our home turf be it Atherton or who ever. At least we can say we won. Can you??? Nope you sure cant. And for your info I was pulling for bell, I can't stand those teams from Tennessee. But since you started it all I will say is let's wait untill September when bell come to Knox and we will see who the better team is!!!
Since we didn't play last night, I was trying to follow 3 games and update for them. The website for 106.3 had terrible audio. I don't know if that was them or me, but I finally went to the radio's facebook page, and updated from information posted there.

Because of how I was getting the information, I don't know what happened. However, it appeared that Bell was right in this until late in the game.

Everybody has things they must work on, Bell is no exception.

But I'll tell you something Amped88, panthernation WAS pulling for you guys and gave a lot more support than some of the Bell fans, if I recall. So was I. I will always support a mountain team!! Until they come to Harlan County, of course!!

Wink
^^
Enough said.
The radio guys kept talking about the speed of the Pirates. Said that SOuth Pittts had the best speed that has been on log mtn in a long time. True or not?
redstorm Wrote:The radio guys kept talking about the speed of the Pirates. Said that SOuth Pittts had the best speed that has been on log mtn in a long time. True or not?

Yes they were. Bell won't see any running backs like those the rest of the season. IMO
Bout what i figured.
I see a 6-4 year at best for Bell.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bout what i figured.
I see a 6-4 year at best for Bell.

I am sure one of those losses is Whitley right?
Hell, we've not beat them in 15 years, what makes you think it will be different this year.
redstorm Wrote:Hell, we've not beat them in 15 years, what makes you think it will be different this year.

redstorm how is the Mills kid? I heard that he got hurt. I sure hope not he is a great running back.
Amped 88 Wrote:redstorm how is the Mills kid? I heard that he got hurt. I sure hope not he is a great running back.

Mills is fine. Hes destroying the Morristown West defense as we speak.
Amped 88 Wrote:I am sure one of those losses is Whitley right?

I havent picked Whitley to beat Bell since 2000 when we beat you down.

However, we will beat Bell this year.
Trust me when i say there is no reason to be snotty this year. Bell is not very good.
^
Some people just can't stand to face the facts. When there team isn't that good they still can't take it. And get mad and snotty... Hell look at Knox and Whitley they neither one have beat bell in forever but we don't get snotty like some bell people do.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I havent picked Whitley to beat Bell since 2000 when we beat you down.

However, we will beat Bell this year.
Trust me when i say there is no reason to be snotty this year. Bell is not very good.

panther nation Wrote:^
Some people just can't stand to face the facts. When there team isn't that good they still can't take it. And get mad and snotty... Hell look at Knox and Whitley they neither one have beat bell in forever but we don't get snotty like some bell people do.

Both of your teams have a long way to go to get where Bell is. All I can tell you both is that you better take your best shot this year because this will be your best chance.
Bell is not very good, if their ball security doesn't improve they will be in for a LONG year!
Bell was 2 dropped passes away from this game having a totally different outcome.. 12 dropped a beautiful pass in ends one right before half, and 24 dropped a post in stride that would've went for 6.. Bell will be just fine this year and have a very bright future.

Congrats to Knox Central for beating Atherton, who has won 5 games in 5 years.. Y'all are awesome! But, ill take battling a tough opponent and our young team learning a lot then smashing a team who is absolutely terrible.. No reason to argue about it right now though.. Come September 20th, we will show who the better program is once again
I don't get on here much but when I do it's always the same people talking about how they are going to beat Bell, until you do, you don't deserve to even talk about it, Harlan co beat us last year so they have the right to talk, and this they will be a heavy favorite to do it again but for Whitley and anybody else to talk smack you got to do it first. This is a very young Bell team, they start 7 Sophmores and 2 juniors on offense and about the same on defense, we will get better every week, like Amped said you better get us this year, Don't feel sorry for Bell we will be ok, lol
CatBlue Wrote:I don't get on here much but when I do it's always the same people talking about how they are going to beat Bell, until you do, you don't deserve to even talk about it, Harlan co beat us last year so they have the right to talk, and this they will be a heavy favorite to do it again but for Whitley and anybody else to talk smack you got to do it first. This is a very young Bell team, they start 7 Sophmores and 2 juniors on offense and about the same on defense, we will get better every week, like Amped said you better get us this year, Don't feel sorry for Bell we will be ok, lol

Not one time since i have been a member on this site have i said Whitley would beat Bell. Maybe the knox fans thought so, but not the Whitley fans.

Bell is down this year. Mills cant produce like dudley did. Its going to be a bad year for Bell.
Amped 88 Wrote:Both of your teams have a long way to go to get where Bell is. All I can tell you both is that you better take your best shot this year because this will be your best chance.

Confusednicker:

Were going to have fun with you this year.
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:Bell was 2 dropped passes away from this game having a totally different outcome.. 12 dropped a beautiful pass in ends one right before half, and 24 dropped a post in stride that would've went for 6.. Bell will be just fine this year and have a very bright future.

Congrats to Knox Central for beating Atherton, who has won 5 games in 5 years.. Y'all are awesome! But, ill take battling a tough opponent and our young team learning a lot then smashing a team who is absolutely terrible.. No reason to argue about it right now though.. Come September 20th, we will show who the better program is once again

Whitley was only three 80 yard TD passes by MW from being in the gme Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

Were going to have fun with you this year.

You won't have fun with me because everyone on here knows how you are. You will see us Sept 6.
^
Sure will.
Hopefully Mills will have things worked out by then :biglmao:
l would like to say this...Bell County fans and players are class acts...Very nice people...I love the stadium and the backdrop...Can't wait til you get to see small town football at its best next year when you make the visit down...Best of luck to the Bobcats the rest of the year!
Pages: 1 2