Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 23 at Collins 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
One hell of a football game.
what a comeback congrats to SK
O-Line played huge tonight! Have not seen any stats yet. Nice stadium, school, and good football team. Good luck the rest of the season.
Kuntz 111 yards rushing 144 passing
Powell 150 yards
Simon Kenton High School 0 6 8 9 23
Martha Layne Collins HS 7 7 7 0 21

First Quarter
C- Jones 24 pass from Page (Creque kick);
Second Quarter
SK - Wassom 8 pass from Kuntz (run failed); C - Sames 12 pass from Page (Creque);
Third Quarter
SK - Powell 1 run (Vercheak pass from Kuntz ); C - Farris 17 pass from Page (Creque kick);
Fourth Quarter
SK - Powell 6 run (run failed); SK - Smith 18 field goal.

Simon Kenton 23, Collins 21: Tyler Smith kicked an 18-yard field goal with 11 seconds left to lift the visiting Pioneers over the Titans.
Collins, Class 4-A state runner-up last season, led 21-14 entering the fourth quarter, but Simon Kenton, the first of three Class 6-A teams on Collins' schedule, rallied in the fourth quarter on a 6-yard TD run by Dillon Powell and Smith's game-winning field goal.
All three of Collins' scores came on TD passes from Lawson Page, who completed 15 of 23 attempts for 176 yards.

http://www.usatodayhss.com/game/martha-l...eff9780002
cuppett777 Wrote:what a comeback congrats to SK

Don't think it was that much of a comeback. 1 possession game all night. Collins stops itself with 4 first downs called back on last drive and SK kicks chip shot FG.
hop24 Wrote:O-Line played huge tonight! Have not seen any stats yet. Nice stadium, school, and good football team. Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks and great HS football last night. O-line was huge for SK and two big breaks on last drive. One heck of a football game. Coach Lucas has scheduled these 5 and 6A teams for a reason. Good luck to SK also. I would put them top 5-7 in 6A. One message to you, BEAT SCOTT CO in playoffs!
Congrats on the win SK! Sounds like this was one of the best games of the evening, if not the best statewide. Best of luck to both schools this season.

:Thumbs:
Tommy2tone Wrote:Thanks and great HS football last night. O-line was huge for SK and two big breaks on last drive. One heck of a football game. Coach Lucas has scheduled these 5 and 6A teams for a reason. Good luck to SK also. I would put them top 5-7 in 6A. One message to you, BEAT SCOTT CO in playoffs!

Thanks for the compliment T2Tone. Would love to beat Scott Co. but they the way the brackets are set up this year would meet them in the finals and they would have to get thru the 2 catholic bullies from the Ville.
This was a great game, just wish that Collins could've pulled out the win. SK has a nice team and should do very well this year. I think if Collins doesn't have 4 penalties in a row on their 2nd to last possession they win this one. Still a good test for the Titans and a lot of things they can learn from this game.

One thing that definitely needs to be improved is their run defense. SK had a very good running back, but Collins gave up way too many yards on the ground. That has always been a weakness for Collins, but with a defensive coordinator like Tom Becherer, I'm sure the Titans will get it straightened out.

Hope the Pioneers enjoyed their visit and good luck the rest of the season!
Pictures from the Sentinel-News:

[Image: BSaHdb9CcAA5E1_.jpg:large]

[Image: BSaHvWKCcAAqO8f.jpg:large]

[Image: BSaIOmTCYAEu_C8.jpg:large]

[Image: BSaI2V3CQAA3IL-.jpg:large]
Like the new helmets. Did they get new jerseys too?
Jarons Wrote:Like the new helmets. Did they get new jerseys too?

I believe they did. I agree, the new helmets are very nice.