Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic 48, Boone County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
CovCath 13 20 7 8 - 48
Boone 0 0 0 0 - 0
CCH-Wagner 16 run (kick failed)
CCH-S. Dressman 4 run (J. Litzler kick)
CCH-Wagner 3 run (J. Litzler kick)
CCH-Wagner 10 run (J. Litzler kick)
CCH-Braun 11 pass from Wagner (kick failed)
CCH-Hatter 5 run (J. Litzler kick)
CCH-Safety, Boone County snapped ball out of end zone
CCH-McGinness 9 run (kick failed)
Records: Covington Catholic 1-0, Boone County 0-1.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...over-Boone
Not much of a pick em game here.
WOW, I know Boone Co. has so many schools around it now with Conner, Cooper, Ryle, but Boone isn't Boone anymore.
^ Boone still is a 6A no matter how many schools are around it. Looks like the Rebels are in for another long season.
I was really hoping for some signs of life out of Boone with the new coach coming in. I realize that CovCath is a pretty stout opponent out of the box, but I expected better than this.
Congrats to covcath.
Boone lost their starting QB for 4 games and best linebacker for the year in the last two weeks. Combine that with no success last year to build on and you have a disaster in the making.

Furthermore, the previous regime that should have been shown the door 5 years ago left the program in disgraceful shape. No feeder system. No QB development. Booster organization in complete disarray. Benching good players because they were not the son of coach.

I praise Coach Griffith for taking this job because it is going to take 5 years for this program to be competitive again.
Wow
Could this be the year Cov Cath. takes down the Blue pigeons?