Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Changing Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard some Mullins guy was taking the reins of the Knott softball program.Any truth to this? King done a great job last year and they did well during his tenure.I've personally not heard anything official but was just wondering.
I don't see this happening. King has the program where it needs to be.
King is still the coach according to KHSAA.
The news I am hearing is that King will step down within a couple of months leaving the position up for grabs. However, I have been told that they will go in a different direction than some may anticipate. I would suggest opening the position to someone outside that can lead in a neutral manner. Good luck KCC!
Just telling what I heard.Don't shoot the messenger.News I heard is stated above and that's why I was asking.What does neutral mean exactly?
If King is going to be replaced, then do it now. Don't wait until the season is ready to begin. That is not fair to the players or the program. If you wait, then you settle for someone that can't coach and the players don't respect. Sounds like Base Runner believes that all players would not get an equal opportunity by others waiting in line to coach. What a shame!:HitWall:
I heard Sean Damron was taking the job.
Sean Damron is a coaching mastermind. Put him and Trent together and you will have a state contender in a few years.
Who is Trent? Are you talking about the AD? I don't see him wanting to coach Girls Softball.
Trent used to coach softball at Perry Central. He was great at it. Him and Damron will turn things around. And yes, Trent your A.D.
Does Damron have a daughter on the team? He was a decent player in the day.
Cavnaugh Trent has been around sports his whole life and understands kids.Hats off to him for volunteering his time as well as fulfilling his duties as athletic director.
I wouldn't say Trent was great at it while at PCC unless you were being sarcastic..If I remember correctly,his record was like 3 wins and 12 or 13 losses.That was in 2006 or 2007.I'm not sure who the Damron guy is.Where did he coach before and what region?
Trent done the best he could. Had NO Talent besides Feltner, Long, and Back. I think Back was in the 4th or 5th grade then.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I heard Sean Damron was taking the job.

:kneel:Confusederved:

^ You've got to be kidding me.... Classic!
Harold Craft will be the new Coach.
Harold played baseball at Morehead State I believe and could be a great asset to any school.The above post stated the AD was coaching which was a little odd.So this sounds more official.Congrats.Good hire.
If this is Knott's choice, then their success will depend on whom he surrounds himself with.

:yesno: You don't need this in the dugout.
Hope he does well. Sometimes ex baseball coaches and players with no experience in fastpitch struggle with switching from baseball to fastpitch at first. Speed of the game, coverages and sometimes hitting (esp. in bunting) Hope he is doing his home work and going to some fall tournaments just to watch to get a feel for the game.
:confused: Harold Craft? Where did he coach last year?
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote::confused: Harold Craft? Where did he coach last year?

Harold was an Asst. at Knott last year.
How will this team do this year under a new coach? Seems like they are going down the same path as the baseball team....
Knott isn't on our schedule so far for 2014 and we didn't face them last year either.Wondering why.Last time we faced them was in the early 2012 season and it was over in 3 innings,15-0.2011 were wins with 16-0 in 3 innings and 13-0 later that year.I may have answered my own question,never mind.Wish Knott good luck and hope they have a good year.
^ Perry Central does play Knott this year. April 12 Swing Break Classic @ Perry Central. Powell County, Perry Central, Knott, Hazard. Each team will play everyone
Great,I didn't realize each team got the opportunity to play everyone.Powell will be a handful and I knew we played them.Sounds great.Thanks for informing me.
Harold Craft is a good guy and Knotts Program will be fine. Powells pitcher is on injured list with Knee injury in basketball. May take her awhile to get it back when season starts.
Trent Mullins and Harold Craft will be the coaches for KCC Softball this year. They both know what it takes to get/make a great team. It will take them a few years, but they will have a really good team in the upcoming years. I know from experience that they help each and every girl on the team. They TEACH the girls the game. They tell them and show them what they are doing and how to fix something if they are doing it incorrectly. I think they are going to be great coaches for KCC, and I wish them both the best!!!!
diamondqueen Wrote:Trent Mullins and Harold Craft will be the coaches for KCC Softball this year. They both know what it takes to get/make a great team. It will take them a few years, but they will have a really good team in the upcoming years. I know from experience that they help each and every girl on the team. They TEACH the girls the game. They tell them and show them what they are doing and how to fix something if they are doing it incorrectly. I think they are going to be great coaches for KCC, and I wish them both the best!!!!

They are off to a good start. Bat Pats beat Prestonsburg 9-6 last night at Stonecrest. Very young and very solid team.