Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Channing Fugate to E.K.U.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw on his Facebook page he has transfered from Tennessee to E.K.U.?Does anyone know if will join the football team?
Yes. It said in last weeks paper he would be joining thr team but would have to sit out this year.
Kid will do well at Eastern and I think it will be a good fit for both parties.
Glad to have him in Maroon and White.
catsrule Wrote:Yes. It said in last weeks paper he would be joining thr team but would have to sit out this year.

Why would he have to sit out?Are they not a Division AA School?
Yeah he shouldn't have to sit out a year.
I asked someone on the EKU site and they said he wanted to sit out this year so he could learn the offense. That is what I was told.
What position will be play? He was on defense at Tennessee, will he be back at fullback?
What year of school is Fugate now?
He is a senior this year.
WALL2WALL Wrote:What position will be play? He was on defense at Tennessee, will he be back at fullback?

They are saying fullback or TE.
Westside Wrote:They are saying fullback or TE.

That's what I was told at Meet the Colonels on Friday. He'll be redshirting and will be on offense going into spring practice. The Colonels will have Jeremy James back at fullback next season but graduate their top 2 tight ends in Matt Lenge and Nathan Watts.
If he planed on sitting out a year, any specific reason on why he picked EKU? I thought he went there to be closer to home obviously but the main reason so he wouldn't have to sit out a year.
1-3-1-press Wrote:If he planed on sitting out a year, any specific reason on why he picked EKU? I thought he went there to be closer to home obviously but the main reason so he wouldn't have to sit out a year.

Because he wanted to play for a winner and one of the top college football programs in the country is my guess.

EKU FOOTBALL
-2 National Titles
-2 National Runner Up
-20 FCS Playoff Appearances (2nd Most in history)
-21 OVC Championships
-63 All-Americans
-Winning Seasons in 35 0f the last 36 Years
-32 Players Drafted Into The NFL