Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA searches for new low by denying Marine eligibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The extremely fair and consistent NCAA is at it again. How can anyone dislike these guys?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...55162.html
NCAA is freakin pathetic. Mark Emmert would you please step down already? You have no clue as to what your doing.
the clock is ticking for the NCAA, the power conference schools are almost in position to ditch the NCAA and form a new governing body.
FYI - The NCAA ruled him eligible immediately as of yesterday.
^do you think it was because it had attracted a lot of media attention?
^ Nope, I truly don't think the NCAA had ever encountered this issue before so they didn't know how to handle. I was confused about it as well and did not realize that the Military played Organized sports against other organized teams. I know everyone lost their mind over this, but I doubt that anyone looked into the specific facts about this situation to see that it was not cut and dry! The gentleman did play an organized sport against other organized teams that were non-military. The rule has been in place for several years that an athlete cannot play for an organized team without sitting out a year of eligibility. This one was different, but the right decision was made!
I hated the NCAA before it was cool. Confusednicker: