Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 34 Knott Co. Central 0 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
East Ridge had many more opportunities to score but failed to convert. Warriors shutout a team for the first time since 2007. Knott County looked very bright at times, but caught the turnover bug a few times.

Congrats and good to both teams.
A few comments about the scrimmage. First, a big hats off to Knott Co. Central, their kids played with a lot of heart, they are just inexperienced. #18 Rogers is a fine player who could play for any team in the area. I also thought #66 was a fine lineman. Keep your heads up boys, I think you guys can compete and have a chance to win some games. East Ridge is improved from last year. I thought we did some good things, but there is plenty to work on. I loved the effort and aggressiveness, I haven't seen that in a while. We are also fairly fast, which is a good thing, but we need to work on timing, staying on blocks, and steps. We aren't smooth yet, but didn't expect us to be. I loved the effort from our kids, we hustled to the ball and brought the timber when we got there! I think we need more reps on defense, we got caught out of position a few times. The good thing is, our problems are fixable! Keep working hard guys!
With all due respect to ER, KCC losing by this amount shows a complete lack of preparation. I am sure they are working hard, but a team does not lose like this against a team like ER if they are prepared. I beleive in the kids of Knott County and think setting the bar low and saying they are playing well cripples them. Especially when they are not competing againt teams they should compete with. No excuses Pats. Get it done, whatever it takes.
Obviously you were not in attendance. It wasnt that Knott was terrible or unprepared. ER was legit on both sides of the ball!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:With all due respect to ER, KCC losing by this amount shows a complete lack of preparation. I am sure they are working hard, but a team does not lose like this against a team like ER if they are prepared. I beleive in the kids of Knott County and think setting the bar low and saying they are playing well cripples them. Especially when they are not competing againt teams they should compete with. No excuses Pats. Get it done, whatever it takes.

Sir, unless you were there or saw the film, I think this is a very unfair statement. KCC had 26 players in uniform, as I pointed out, they had a couple very nice players, but also had some inexperience. I thought their coach did an excellent job. East Ridge is improved from last year, we started 8 or 9 soph's last year, and they have grown into Jr.'s this year, we're better, we played hard, we can grow so much more. Brahma Bull, sometimes a year makes a difference in the development of kids and teams. I wouldn't be so rash to call East Ridge a "team like that"
Good to see ER moving up. KCC will continue to improve through out the year. It has always puzzled me why they are not better on a year to year basis.
School Admin. Wrote:Sir, unless you were there or saw the film, I think this is a very unfair statement. KCC had 26 players in uniform, as I pointed out, they had a couple very nice players, but also had some inexperience. I thought their coach did an excellent job. East Ridge is improved from last year, we started 8 or 9 soph's last year, and they have grown into Jr.'s this year, we're better, we played hard, we can grow so much more. Brahma Bull, sometimes a year makes a difference in the development of kids and teams. I wouldn't be so rash to call East Ridge a "team like that"

By "...a team like that..." I was meaning lower half of state. A team that KCC should compete with, not beat, but compete. By lower half I mean if there was 100 teams, ER would be in the 50-100 half. I know they would be closer to 50 than 100, but that is what I meant by "...a team like that..."
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:By "...a team like that..." I was meaning lower half of state. A team that KCC should compete with, not beat, but compete. By lower half I mean if there was 100 teams, ER would be in the 50-100 half. I know they would be closer to 50 than 100, but that is what I meant by "...a team like that..."

No problem. No hard feelings. I'm happy to see a little excitement for East Ridge football. I hope the Knott Co. Central can get some momentum for their program, the kids have suffered a lot over the years, and I hope they can have some success.
Sounds like the Warriors will be ready to join the big boy football soon!

:Thumbs: