Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 21 Corbin 21 tie (scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game ended in a tie.
Middlesboro drove the ball with 56 seconds left to tie it up. Impressive game from the jackets. I'm proud.
Well I am sure Corbin ran 2 plays the whole game, and Middlesboro was playing like its playoff time, I mean according to some posters in another thread Corbin would beat the jackets 3 TSS, or could it be Middlesboro is gonna be a lot better than a lot of people wanna give them credit for. I will say most will say Corbin treated it like a scrimmage and Middlesboro treated it like the state title game. Whatever helps ya sleep at night
tazcat Wrote:Well I am sure Corbin ran 2 plays the whole game, and Middlesboro was playing like its playoff time, I mean according to some posters in another thread Corbin would beat the jackets 3 TSS, or could it be Middlesboro is gonna be a lot better than a lot of people wanna give them credit for. I will say most will say Corbin treated it like a scrimmage and Middlesboro treated it like the state title game. Whatever helps ya sleep at night

Of course that's what we will hear but both team brought their second stream in at the same time. Middleboro and Corbin tied. Plain and simple, neither team seemed to treat it differently. Both wanted a win.
I'm not making any excuses because I wasn't there and what I said about how Corbin treats scrimmages were posted before the game ever began and most recently in the thread which said it was at halftime. Randy may be the same way but I do know that Steve Jewell doesn't put anything into scrimmages other than giving his players new faces to go up against.
I watched the majority of the first half. Corbin appeared more physical with Middlesboro being more explosive. Corbin appears to lack play makers. But they played pretty close to the vest and failed to get the ball to Waddle in space. Waddle made 2 big defensive plays which saved touchdowns .
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:The game ended in a tie.
Middlesboro drove the ball with 56 seconds left to tie it up. Impressive game from the jackets. I'm proud.

WHAT PART OF THE Middlesboro scrimmage are you proud of. Corbin owned them.
Well here is my take on it for what it's worth. A lot of people say that a scrimmage don't matter but, I think it does to a point. Now usually a team wont show everything they have and they don't play the starters very long but, you can tell a lot from a scrimmage. You can tell how much speed, power, talent and intelligence a team has compared to the other team. A coach can believe all he wants that a scrimmage don't mean anything and he can tell the kids until he is blue in the face that it don't matter but, the kids want to win. At some point in a scrimmage both teams have the starters in at the same time and are running plays. I believe that if a team is far superior and faster, and stronger and more talented then that will show in a scrimmage just as much as a real game. If the coach was telling his kids not to try hard or to let the other team score so they will feel better then what would be the point in a scrimmage. What cracks me up is when a team does good some people are like all happy and talking about how good they will be this year but if they don't look so good then they are all like it's just a scrimmage. :eyeroll:
topnotch Wrote:WHAT PART OF THE Middlesboro scrimmage are you proud of. Corbin owned them.

lol Corbin owned them?

Then why was it tied 14-14 when both 2nd teams came in?
The middlesboro offense seemed to drive the ball down Corbin's throat every time they had the ball. I was impressed with both teams. I believe these two teams are very closely ranked. http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...1-21-draw?
Someone said #5 for mboro scored the 2nd TD for the jackets against Corbin's JV? Why was he still on the field when he starts both ways for the varsity?
Actually he doesn't start running back for middlesboro but it seemed he played the entire game the other night. I saw the play and he has tons of speed in open field. The kids name is Ryan pittman.
Corbin dominated this game
Is it safe to say both set of fans were pleased with their team's play?
William Muney Wrote:Someone said #5 for mboro scored the 2nd TD for the jackets against Corbin's JV? Why was he still on the field when he starts both ways for the varsity?

Sorry Muney he doesn't start both ways. But he could he is very good.
William Muney Wrote:Someone said #5 for mboro scored the 2nd TD for the jackets against Corbin's JV? Why was he still on the field when he starts both ways for the varsity?

The subs need to tackle better regardless of who is running the ball, that is if they expect to play any on Friday nights.
Old Redhound Wrote:Is it safe to say both set of fans were pleased with their team's play?

One thing that concerns me about Corbin is that they move the ball, but stall once they get to the red zone. This is reminiscent of what happened way too often last year. Corbin gained around 250 yards on the ground against Bell Co. last year, but got shut out, went up and down the field on both Danville and Tates Creek, yet only scored 21 and 14 points in those games. If they want to have a successful season, they had better learn to convert at a higher pct.when they have the opportunity.
SEKYFAN Wrote:The subs need to tackle better regardless of who is running the ball, that is if they expect to play any on Friday nights.

That was all freshman and JV kids on the field for Corbin. I doubt Coach Jewell is counting on them to play much PT on Friday nights.
I'm sorry, and I'm saying this as a Yellow Jacket fan, but I don't think Middlesboro brought their A game. Corbin looked much more physical to start the game and Middlesboro started slow like they often do, but they did start to play good at the start of the 2nd half just in time to bring in the second team.

Both teams did not play well in the RedZone. Middlesboro committed turnovers and made blocking mistakes and Corbin just ran the same plays and eventually Middlesboro just figured it out. I say both teams have a lot of work but both teams will have good seasons if they don't collapse.
Actually Pittman is 3rd behind Barton and Uhl at RB and the play your talking about where he ran for the TD he was actually the blocking back but the QB fumbled the football and he picked it up and ran it in for the TD....

We did not run our offense or defense in this scrimmage on offense we ran 2 plays and the same defense all night long , we showed no blitz only man to man.
Uhl, Barton, and pittman are all very good running backs. They're all very explosive. Pittman is probably our best defensive player but is stepping up his offensive game. I can't wait to see all this talent play Saturday. Frazier has a great year on his hands. Go jackets!!!