Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Preseason Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First-place votes in parentheses; defending state champions in bold

CLASS 3-A

Rank, team 2012 record

1. Central (10)...13-2

2. Belfry (2)...12-3

3. Wayne County...10-2

4. Paducah Tilghman...8-4

5. Bell County...10-3

6. South Warren (2)...9-4

7. Bourbon County...13-1

8. Breathitt County...12-1

9. Mason County...8-5

10. Fort Campbell...9-3

Others receiving votes (in order of votes received): Corbin, Monroe County, Garrard County, LaRue County, Lawrence County, Trigg County, Sheldon Clark, Bath County, Pike County Central, Edmonson County, Morgan County.

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...-class-3-a
3A will be really week outside of the top 3 or 4 this year.
Central; until somebody else proves different.
I really don't see it been weak this year,If anything more balance this year. I won't be surprised if #1 and # 2 don't win their district. ( ok maybe a little bit surprise , but it is more of a possibly this year than last)How bourbon co is rank 7th the should at least be in the top 4. Breathitt co shouldn't be in the top ten at this moment , maybe later in the season. I figure Lawrence co and Morgan co, pike central would of crack the top ten. I guess is really hard to do a top ten this early no one has played a game yet. But I'm appreciate because it at least gives me something to go bye.
I always forget Corbin is 3A.
Don't see how they could rank bell so high!! They lost way too many people to think that they are even going to be 2nd in their district much less 5th in preseason 3a. No way the guy who came up with this poll I would love to meet and have some of what he is smoken, must be some good stuff.... Lol
Title town 95 Wrote:I really don't see it been weak this year,If anything more balance this year. I won't be surprised if #1 and # 2 don't win their district. ( ok maybe a little bit surprise , but it is more of a possibly this year than last)How bourbon co is rank 7th the should at least be in the top 4. Breathitt co shouldn't be in the top ten at this moment , maybe later in the season. I figure Lawrence co and Morgan co, pike central would of crack the top ten. I guess is really hard to do a top ten this early no one has played a game yet. But I'm appreciate because it at least gives me something to go bye.

who would u say could win the district with Central or Belfry?
I have been hearing recently around here, even from some opposing head coaches, that PT is supposed to have the best team they have had in many years. If that is the case and they can maintain composure that may mean a new 3a champ.
Mysonis55 - maybe you have seen a different team at Paducah Tilghman than the one I have seen. There are people on here and other boards saying they are loaded. That's just not the case. Painfully thin at O-line. Young QB. Little depth. They are somewhere in the bottom half of the top 10 until they show otherwise. They are scrimmaging @ John Hardin and Warren Central tonight.
Can not believe Russell did not get any recognition in this poll, they are a unknown commodity this season.
old warrior Wrote:Can not believe Russell did not get any recognition in this poll, they are a unknown commodity this season.

They will be very young this season. Still probably better than some of the teams that got votes though.
cuppett777 Wrote:who would u say could win the district with Central or Belfry?

With belfry I think that pike central and Lawrence co will give them a game. Belfry very well may win their district but I just don't think it will be a breeze like most think. With central , larue co gave them all they wanted last year and have most of the starters back. I'm not saying that its going to happen (that central will get knock off by larue co)but I think that 3a is more even than what most think.
Title town 95 Wrote:With belfry I think that pike central and Lawrence co will give them a game. Belfry very well may win their district but I just don't think it will be a breeze like most think. With central , larue co gave them all they wanted last year and have most of the starters back. I'm not saying that its going to happen (that central will get knock off by larue co)but I think that 3a is more even than what most think.

PC will not come within 4 touchdown of BELFRY this year or any time soon.....LC may give us a game next year but won't beat Us....Now if we have key injuries maybe PC might get within 2 touchdown.....TongueirateSho
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:PC will not come within 4 touchdown of BELFRY this year or any time soon.....LC may give us a game next year but won't beat Us....Now if we have key injuries maybe PC might get within 2 touchdown.....TongueirateSho

I think belfry win their district, but if pike central has a defense this year they will give the pirates a good game, I'm not saying they will win . I don't think belfry will beat them 4+Tds and that belfry been healthy. Lawrence co will give a game this year also. I know belfry is hands down favorite in that district and has pretty good chance to make it to BG and maybe even win a 3A title. All I'm saying they have a harder way to go this year.
Tica, in a way I hope that you are right. I would really like for us to win the 100th meeting this year. Just kidding, we want yall to do well, but we still want to win the 100th. We wanna increase our record long streak against yall to 8 in a row. We are only I think 3 games away from tying the record up.