Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 36 Knox Central 7 Final Score
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Harlan County Black Bears defeated Knox Central 36-7 in tonight's SEKC Grid-O-Rama.
Congratulations Black Bears! It was amazing seeing the team back on the field after a long hiatus!!

Special prayers and thoughts go out to Donnie Roark; what a special person!!
That was AWESOME what our kids did for Donnie coming out on the field. I teared up bad. Very emotional. Donnie is an inspiration to all of Harlan County. We love you Donnie.

Great game. I am so glad both teams came out with no injuries. Good luck to KC this season.
I'm with you! That was one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed! [attachment=o2826]
Im sure both teams held back a little bit, but this still has to be a hard pill to swallow for Knox.
Either HC is that much better than the rest of the mountains (I figure KC is a top 6 or 7 team) or KC isnt as good as expected.

I know its just a scrimmage, but any time you see that type of gap in a scrimmage, it tells a pretty good story.
The starter didn't play very long, 2nd string done a lot of the damage. Once again the future looks bright!
Both teams agreed to play starters for 10 minutes. The score was 20-0 in those 10 minutes. Quite an impressive showing for HC.
If I am not mistaken the varsity played the first 3 series and it being 20-0 the JV come in and kept it going, Knox scores late to make it 36-7. The O-Line looked really good as with the skills. The Defense was smothering also, looks to be a good start for the Black Bears.
HC looked very good tonight KC is not as good as expected the QB is slow and passes are off, the running game didn't look very good either. KC had 5 starters out but would not have made that much of a difference.
Congrats to HC, defiantly a team with possibility to make a run for the state!!
KY Wildman Wrote:HC looked very good tonight KC is not as good as expected the QB is slow and passes are off, the running game didn't look very good either. KC had 5 starters out but would not have made that much of a difference.
So here we go. I'm happy to do this all year. You say the QB is slow and passes were off. How do you make that assessment based on tonight? His only interception was a pass that bounced off the recievers hands and into the defense. The duck on the long sttempt happwmed just as he got hit only a second or so into the play. As for slow he runs a 5.2 which is average for most kids but for a 6'3" 230 lb QB is very quick.

He will be an easy target all year. But that will be a mistake. Our team was never in this one and it had nothing to do with the QB. He will take his part of the blame but for you to single him out shows you clearlymissed what was happening tonight.
Harlan County is VERY good football team. We have work to do. I think we will be fine, just need to come together and play.

Can not single any one thing nor person out. We did not get it done..must learn from it and get ready for games that count.
I actually thought KC's QB looked impressive. I saw him directing some of the kids out there where to stand, etc. He's got an arm on him that can really air it out, too. Tall enough to see over the defense and big enough to take a hit. Footwork a little sloppy at times, but he's so young. I think if you give him a chance and some support, he could be the real deal a little later.

I remember early in the season last year when our QB went down with a season ending injury. Scotty stepped up, and was a little shaky for a while. Look at him now! Wow!!!
That QB has one heck of an arm, and he will only get better as games come and go with his footwork, but the more worrisome thing KC had was the fact that HC was in the backfield way to quick and way to often. You can take that one of two ways, HC D-line is very fast and good, or KC needs to shore it's O-line just a little bit. Either way it was just a scrimmage, and when both teams meet again then we will know who has what...
Scores of scrimmages are useless. However you can look at the parts. HC looked as good as advertised. I would safely say they are the number 1 team in the mountains this year.

I thought Knox looked big and slow on both sides of the ball. KC's district is pretty weak so that will help us out some. Could be a long non-district schedule for the Panthers. Not many play makers on offense. Even with some of the kids setting out I don't look for them to be difference makers.
Further proof that Harlan County is "Loaded for Bear" this season.
Sounds like an impressive showing by the bears.
Didn't get to see this one , but Harlan County must be for real. Best of luck to both teams.
Confusederiously:
Football1 Wrote:So here we go. I'm happy to do this all year. You say the QB is slow and passes were off. How do you make that assessment based on tonight? His only interception was a pass that bounced off the recievers hands and into the defense. The duck on the long sttempt happwmed just as he got hit only a second or so into the play. As for slow he runs a 5.2 which is average for most kids but for a 6'3" 230 lb QB is very quick.

He will be an easy target all year. But that will be a mistake. Our team was never in this one and it had nothing to do with the QB. He will take his part of the blame but for you to single him out shows you clearlymissed what was happening tonight.

Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention, also I should not have singled out the QB I was only making an observation. KC as a team has a lot of work to do.
KY Wildman Wrote:Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention, also I should not have singled out the QB I was only making an observation. KC as a team has a lot of work to do.

Most people notice the play of the QB above any and all. Everyone in the stands knows who the QB is. It comes with the territory. If you can't handle the criticism you need to a: Not play the position or b: not be on message boards!!!!

Daddy's don't need to come on here and defend their son's! It makes them a bigger target!
KY Wildman Wrote:Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention, also I should not have singled out the QB I was only making an observation. KC as a team has a lot of work to do.

I am well aware that playing QB puts him in head on traffic for criticism, especially considering he is not your typical mountain QB. But I don't claim to be an unbiased observer either. He is a 15 year old Freshmen who has proven he is our best option to play the position. I'd like to think people in our area would get behind him. But reality tells me that is unlikely. When he gets criticized unfairly I will always rebuttal. If he stinks it up - I will still be by his side
William Muney Wrote:Most people notice the play of the QB above any and all. Everyone in the stands knows who the QB is. It comes with the territory. If you can't handle the criticism you need to a: Not play the position or b: not be on message boards!!!!

Daddy's don't need to come on here and defend their son's! It makes them a bigger target!
Well said. You sure know alot. But let me promise you one thing he who knows all - this daddy will not sit by idly while others attack my 15 year old son wrongly. If you don't like that then don't read my posts. Clear?
This is actually getting funny....
For the daddy, best thing for you to do is never get on this site again, your son will be bashed every game and it will cause you a stress breakdown, ignore this site and you will make it. Just have fun, heck he is a 9th grader, of course he aint ready but you cant get on here everytime someone says something. for your sake, stay away from message boards.
Football1 Wrote:Well said. You sure know alot. But let me promise you one thing he who knows all - this daddy will not sit by idly while others attack my 15 year old son wrongly. If you don't like that then don't read my posts. Clear?

Full deck Wrote:For the daddy, best thing for you to do is never get on this site again, your son will be bashed every game and it will cause you a stress breakdown, ignore this site and you will make it. Just have fun, heck he is a 9th grader, of course he aint ready but you cant get on here everytime someone says something. for your sake, stay away from message boards.

Deal I will not read yours and don't read mine!!!! Haha

I was trying to tell him that, to stay away. But he obviously loves the banter.:problemgirl:
Football1 Wrote:I am well aware that playing QB puts him in head on traffic for criticism, especially considering he is not your typical mountain QB. But I don't claim to be an unbiased observer either. He is a 15 year old Freshmen who has proven he is our best option to play the position. I'd like to think people in our area would get behind him. But reality tells me that is unlikely. When he gets criticized unfairly I will always rebuttal. If he stinks it up - I will still be by his side

I hope you have thick skin, because there are a lot of "experts" on here.....like me for instance. Seriously, I hope he has a great season and career. Enjoy it, because it will fly by.

Knox Central may experience some ups and downs this year, but I expect them and their young QB to get nothing but better as the year goes on. I would venture that virtually every team in SE KY would struggle with Harlan County this year.
^^
We certainly hope so!!!

Wink
Football1 Wrote:So here we go. I'm happy to do this all year. You say the QB is slow and passes were off. How do you make that assessment based on tonight? His only interception was a pass that bounced off the recievers hands and into the defense. The duck on the long sttempt happwmed just as he got hit only a second or so into the play. As for slow he runs a 5.2 which is average for most kids but for a 6'3" 230 lb QB is very quick.

I understand where your coming from and that you have to defend your son. But sometimes it is best not to say nothing at all. Just take it with a grain of salt. Things will workout in the long run and when it does then you can tell everyone " see I told you so."

But you should know with everything you have to take the good with the bad. That's just part of life there is always going to be ups and downs. That part of growing and being a better play and person.
Full deck Wrote:For the daddy, best thing for you to do is never get on this site again, your son will be bashed every game and it will cause you a stress breakdown, ignore this site and you will make it. Just have fun, heck he is a 9th grader, of course he aint ready but you cant get on here everytime someone says something. for your sake, stay away from message boards.

No. He doesnt need to stay away from message boards, particularly this one.
Like others in this thread, hes a dedicated member and one of the few fans from the tri county area on this site.
As long as it doesnt get personal, its okay to criticize and talk about the game. If it ever gets personal i will stop it.
Pages: 1 2