Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland vs West Carter(scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1A Raceland plays host to 3A West Carter in the EKC Grid. These games are almost always live scrimmages. The Commets have had some issues with numbers recently, but always field a tough team. Raceland comes in with extremely high expectations for the season.

Though it is a scrimmage and doesnt matter, I believe that eve though Raceland will probably only run out of one package, they still win by as many as the want. Jv squads and even freshman squads wil see alot of reps.

Thoughts?
If Raceland is as good as expected and West Carter is as good as expected, the only good thing Raceland will get out of this will be lots of reps for players that may not get to see much action once the year starts. I just hope West Carter gives a good game.
Who are the other teams in this and what time are the games?
Look for Raceland to play a lot of guys and get their starters out early. No need for the Rams to risk any injuries in this one, get some quality work in and then put in the younger players. Rams by as many as they want.
Raceland scheduled to kick off at 8:30pm on Saturday. Grid begins at 5:30, followed by a 7 o clock game.. I'm sure game times will be pushed back, they always do run a little behind schedule. Not sure exactly who is playing who other than the Raceland game, but the other participating schools are East Carter, Lewis Co, Greenu Co, and Bath Co. Should be a great day of high school football at Ram Stadium.
Hoping to see some intensity and fire out of Raceland coming out te gate. The last few seasons Raceland has had enough tallent to handle most teams. But did so with a low key mentality. Its time to see some fire and passion back in the heart of the Raceland players
Rams roll. No contest here.
Rams should win this and like everyone has said so far get everyone in the game.
Raceland is probaly playing the weakest team at the grid, this game is just a confidence booster for the team, I will be the first to admit that they do play a tough schedule this season and win's will be earned, good luck Ram's, it only get's tougher after tonight.
West Carter is not the weakest team there.
FBALL Wrote:West Carter is not the weakest team there.

What teams are there?
Paintsville, Lewis County, Greenup County and East Carter.

In all likelyhood west Carter may be the second best team there.
FBALL Wrote:Paintsville, Lewis County, Greenup County and East Carter.

In all likelyhood west Carter may be the second best team there.

Seems pretty weak.
How did paintaville do
I think Paintsville came back and won 22-20 after Lewis county put their JV team in the 2nd half.

So anybody know how. The Wasteland/West Crater scrimmage turned out?
FBALL Wrote:I think Paintsville came back and won 22-20 after Lewis county put their JV team in the 2nd half.

Paintsville won it 23-22 on something like the last play of the game made a 2 pt conversion. I would have to disagree with old warrior imo the Greenup and East game had the 2 weakest teams and Paintsville was there with them. From what I seen the Rams will have a running clock on all three of these teams. From the looks of Greenup they are young with some players they should stop their losing streak this year.
Raceland pretty much scored at will. The usual scrimmage offensive game plan, dont reveal too many wrinkles. Elkins looked good as did Messer. I think the suprise though was Rodney Vance(no suprise to me, the kids a great athelete), caught a couple td passes. Big difference between this team and last years seems to be physicality. Risner, Boggs, and Beach all had some really big hits. The line was physical on both sides of the ball. The starters only played a little more than a quarter. JV and freshman got probably 2/3 of the pt. starters scored around 35 i guess. West was the 2nd best team there. They r still young, Brown is doing a good job there though. The real stuff starts next week. Wont be long before Racelands first test...week 2 at Putnam Stadium. Glad to see Raceland show some physicslty.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland pretty much scored at will. The usual scrimmage offensive game plan, dont reveal too many wrinkles. Elkins looked good as did Messer. I think the suprise though was Rodney Vance(no suprise to me, the kids a great athelete), caught a couple td passes. Big difference between this team and last years seems to be physicality. Risner, Boggs, and Beach all had some really big hits. The line was physical on both sides of the ball. The starters only played a little more than a quarter. JV and freshman got probably 2/3 of the pt. starters scored around 35 i guess. West was the 2nd best team there. They r still young, Brown is doing a good job there though. The real stuff starts next week. Wont be long before Racelands first test...week 2 at Putnam Stadium. Glad to see Raceland show some physicslty.

What was the score?
Starting the 4th qt it 34-0 Rams....I know I had seen enough and left.
Jarons Wrote:What was the score?

34-14 Rams...West Carter's JV scored 14 in the final quarter, but the outcome was never in doubt.
Jarons Wrote:Seems pretty weak.

East Carter by far looked like the weakest team out of the six teams playing. Paintsville has some nice athletes, just not enough of them. Based on what i witnessed, here's how I would rank them from strongest to weakest:

1. Raceland
2. Lewis Co.
3. West Carter
4. Paintsville
5. Greenup Co.
6. East Carter

Keep in mind, there's probably not alot of difference between numbers 2-6, as well as the fact that the last quarter didn't really impact the games because of the young reserve players and the running clock. Observations were based more on the first three quarters.
Rams sound ready to step up this year. I know it is early but their game with Fairview should be a classic.
FBALL Wrote:I think Paintsville came back and won 22-20 after Lewis county put their JV team in the 2nd half.

FBALL

Your Mayfield avatar still looks great :1:
I make anything look good. Lol

Maybe I'll come up with a bet that has you sporting a Russell avatar for a year.
Wasteland should be one of the top contenders in 1A.
Seemed like the kicking game was much improved as well. Nothing drastic for kick offs, but Messer was able to get it to the 20 consistsntly and a few times to the 10. I believe hit connected on every extra point. Whih is a big key for Raceland, had they kicked extra points and not gone for 2 on 3 seperate occasions, they would have scored 21 pts and the game would have been over before overtime was a possibility. This will be a big factor, especially if he has the ability to kick a few field goals as well. Special teams is a big factor at every class level, especially in the top several teams and in the playoffs.