Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: best middle school girls team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Although you can never bet against Dorton girls but I would have to say after watching all teams play in the shootout yesterday Belfry by far has the best all around team. Plenty of size,skill,and depth their second 5 played just as well as the first 5. My early favorite for Pike Co. champs (drum roll) BELFRY!!:Clap:
Dorton and Belfry will play this Saturday in the Valley Panorama.
COACHITALL Wrote:Although you can never bet against Dorton girls but I would have to say after watching all teams play in the shootout yesterday Belfry by far has the best all around team. Plenty of size,skill,and depth their second 5 played just as well as the first 5. My early favorite for Pike Co. champs (drum roll) BELFRY!!:Clap:

Belfry should be very good this year, but don't forget Valley also. They are loaded, with all 5 starters returning (off a really good team), plus a very talented transfer from Cowan.
Did you say Belfry by a mile in grade school girls? Do you still feel that way after today?
COACHITALL Wrote:Although you can never bet against Dorton girls but I would have to say after watching all teams play in the shootout yesterday Belfry by far has the best all around team. Plenty of size,skill,and depth their second 5 played just as well as the first 5. My early favorite for Pike Co. champs (drum roll) BELFRY!!:Clap:

I don't think anyone on our side of the county realized that Lena Hairston had held back. That certainly makes Belfry an even tougher team to contend with. Today's game was very sloppy on the offensive end, but I thought both teams looked pretty good on defense.
Still not budging scrimmage at SV with Virgie officials= sqaudooche!:dontthink:dontthink
How did valley do against Dorton and Belfry?
Valley played Elkhorn and Paintsville. They beat Elkhorn 30+ and beat Paintsville 48-24.
Dorton,Belfry and Valley all three looked strong and all 3 will get better.
You are talking about 8th grade right?
What's the bracket and times for the dorton tourney this week
COUCHBURNER Wrote:What's the bracket and times for the dorton tourney this week

We aren't having the tournament. Only had us, Feds Creek, and Valley (who could only play one night).
Thanks
RW Combs girls team out of Perry County thinks NOBODY in Kentucky can play with them. Coach said he has to go out of state to get decent competition.
The_Rock Wrote:RW Combs girls team out of Perry County thinks NOBODY in Kentucky can play with them. Coach said he has to go out of state to get decent competition.

I know RW Combs is good. We will be playing them this Saturday at the Sportsplex from what I have been told and again here Monday. I also scheduled them at their place later in the season. I talked to their coach. seemed like a very nice guy.

I was going to invite them to our tournament, but a 4 team tournament with 1 team only able to play one night isn't much of a tournament. Lol
new o Wrote:Valley played Elkhorn and Paintsville. They beat Elkhorn 30+ and beat Paintsville 48-24.

Were these 8th grade games?
Yes
your right about the Refs being from valley but that is not who you played. Guss you forgot who you played
Will Dorton, Valley, Belfry and RW Combs
Be playing in the KBA state tourny at the end
Of the season? Does anyone know?
Cheezy Wrote:Will Dorton, Valley, Belfry and RW Combs
Be playing in the KBA state tourny at the end
Of the season? Does anyone know?

We will be. I would think the others would as well.
Just received word that the Sportsplex tournament was canceled for Saturday.
Valley will be playing in both the 7th and 8th grade state tournaments
I saw valley play in Mercer county a couple weeks
Ago. They have a nice team. I was told that
Most of their 8th grade team were 7th graders.
If that's the case I would expect them to be
Very good next year.
Valley starts two 8th graders and three 7th graders. The first 2 subs off the bench are a 7th grader and a 4th grader.
They are a nice team especially to be that
Young. How do they stack up with Dorton, Belfry,
And RW combs?
Dorton is very athletic and Belfry is huge.It will be interesting when they play. Valley plays RW next week.
COACHITALL Wrote:Still not budging scrimmage at SV with Virgie officials= sqaudooche!:dontthink:dontthink
So your still not budging after Dorton beat Belfry for a second time at Belfry?
when and were is the Valley and RW game at. so my niece wont do cross country that day. when RW play Dorton in the preseason(I think that is what she said the name of the school was). my niece just got done with cross country a hour or 2 before that game. she on Perry Co. Central Cross Country team.

i think this game already happen. i think this was the game were the coaches jump on my niece, and she almost quit the teams. but thank god this is the last year, and just 2 more months of grade school sports.
cj2561 Wrote:when and were is the Valley and RW game at. so my niece wont do cross country that day. when RW play Dorton in the preseason(I think that is what she said the name of the school was). my niece just got done with cross country a hour or 2 before that game. she on Perry Co. Central Cross Country team.

i think this game already happen. i think this was the game were the coaches jump on my niece, and she almost quit the teams. but thank god this is the last year, and just 2 more months of grade school sports.

We play RW again on Sept. 18th at Dorton.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:We play RW again on Sept. 18th at Dorton.

is that on a wen.
Pages: 1 2