Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd v Lawrence 8/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts on the season opener for both teams
These two teams will be an equal matchup this year. This one come down to 4th quarter, Dawgs by 2(gota get those extra points)
Hard to say anything here. The Lions are under a new coach again. I don't know if they got the quarterback issue worked out. The Dawgs always play well against Boyd. If it comes down to extra points then favor goes to Boyd. I however think it will be Boyd's lack of fundamentals that give the edge to the Dawgs at home. LC by 14. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm going with Dawgs by a bunch. They have a lot of weapons.
After watching scrimmage I am going with dawgs by 2 scores.
Lc 28
bc 14
Prediction:

Quarter 1 2 3 4
LC 8 0 6 8 - 22
BC 7 7 6 0 - 20
I believe that if the Dawgs can stay as balanced with the run and the pass as they were in the scrimmage they could win this game by a lot.

I say 38-16:Cheerlead
has boyd scrimmaged anyone
dawgbyte02 Wrote:has boyd scrimmaged anyone

Boyd scrimmaged Prestonsburg and Breathitt Last night. I may be wrong but I don't think Boyd scored a td on either team. They were not in the same class as the bobcats and blackcats. Their defense gave up multiple touchdowns to both teams as well. Based on the scrimmage, Lawrence should win by 2+ tds.
I don't know about the rest of you but I am a little excited to see what this young Dawg team can do with all the starters in and everyone in the correct position the whole game. I think that with Goble in the game this team is even more dangerous. I just hope and pray they pass the ball more then in the past. Even if it don't work perfect the 1st few games you got to stick with it so the QB and receivers can get a rythm going. I would lave to see maybe 70%-30% run and pass.
Dawgs by 26.
Bulldogs are on wht should be an upswing the next few seasons, they are almost always a more fundamentaly sound offensive line than boyd when it comes to assignments and studying matchups. Boyd and Greenup are in the same boat. Thy cant seem to get anything put together and so the cosching marry-go-round continues for both schools. Because of a lack of consistency at the helm, I go with Lawrence by 10 on a neutral site, at home, I say Dawgs by 18.
This game is kinda hard to predict.I think lc wins but lc and Boyd always play each other close.Boyd has new coaches and a whole new Playbook I'm sure.LC 22-6 bulldogs pull away late.
Lawrence Co
Being at home makes Lawrence County 3 point favorites.
I'm going with Boyd in a close one.
Boyd 3
Lawrence 0
I think first game of the year, both teams trying different things out this one could be one sided victory easily, or it could be a low scoring battle. Either way it's good to see these two programs meet up again. Best of luck to the Bulldogs
Lawrence County by 21
I have not seen Lawrence in any scrimmages this year, but have seen Boyd. On that scrimmage alone I would say the Dawgs by 2-3 td's.

Boyd did not impress me with anything.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I'm going with Boyd in a close one.
Boyd 3
Lawrence 0
This is possible in that Boyd has one of the best field goal kickers in the nation. I have personally witnessed him kicking 55 yards. His name is Zack Bruner and we all will be watching him on Saturdays playing for a major D1 school. I believe he is just a junior. On kickoffs Lawrence will watch it sail through the end zone. However if the LC defense does their job he will not be much of a factor. But if they let them inside the 40 it will be 3 every time.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I'm going with Boyd in a close one.
Boyd 3
Lawrence 0

Boyd Co. may win they are an unknown, but if you think that they will shutout Lawrence Co. You need smoke You another 1. To bad Ashland's game with NCC won't be as close Ashland will lose but by many. :ChairHit::king:Confusedmoke:
Way to tell him you got him good.
Dawgs but close
This will be a tough game to call,, Lawrence is much improved and Boyd has some bright possibilities too. I do think that this could be too close to call.
Dawgs by a ton... give the new coach time at boyd but not this year.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Boyd Co. may win they are an unknown, but if you think that they will shutout Lawrence Co. You need smoke You another 1. To bad Ashland's game with NCC won't be as close Ashland will lose but by many. :ChairHit::king:Confusedmoke:

TO BAD ASHLAND DOESNT PLAY L.C (THEYRE SCARED) BECAUSE IT WOULD BE ANOTHER WOOD SHED GAME FOR THE TOMCATS!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Lawrence County 28

Boyd County 7
No doubt both teams are down this year.
But its my opinion that it doesn't matter where this game's played. LC will prevail!! BC is that bad!
Gonna be a tough one,
Pages: 1 2