Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott central football 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you think they will do this year?
I think that a successful season for KCC will not be determined by wins and losses. It will be in how the team competes.
They will have a good regular season and will not make much noise come playoff time.
Looking at their schedule, I think they have a chance to win a few games.
Obviously by my name im kinda bias but it looks from the schedule they have the ability to 6 games!!! I said ability but im just very optimistic about this season.

@leslie
Phelps
South Floyd
@Betsy layne
Magoffin
@jenkins
@morgan
@Jackson
Breathitt
@Allen Central
Also i heard we have a new coach and new staff from what i hear the HC has been a assistant on some other good teams and now has a chance. also heard good feedback about his assistants. Coaching I think has been the biggest problem at Kcc and now its hopefully been corrected. just looking forward to this season. goodluck patriots
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Knott Central Patriots

Knott County (WYMT) -- Five seasons; six total wins. Knott Central’s football team has been anything but a winning one.

"We are all tired of losing," senior Benjamin Rodgers said.

Knott is coming off a 2-9 season, but new head coach Steven Hollon believes, if he doesn’t have a winning team, he has players who will inject an enthusiasm around the program.

"In today's society, if you are not winning every night and every day – why do it,” Hollon said. “And our kids have stayed with it. We have got 12 seniors right now. I think we have maybe half -- or a little over half -- have been here through the thick and thin. And to me, that shows character."

If the offseason is any indication of a change, Hollon is bringing new flavors to Knott.

"He's been through many teams – many good teams – and he takes stuff that he's learned over the years and brought them to us that we have never even seen before,” senior left tackle Mark Hutson said. “Like the ice tub that little people hate and our conditioning that I have never done before and the five-man sled that we haven't pushed in ever since I have been there."

Offensively, there are positives coming into this season.

“We’ve grown a lot faster,” senior linebacker and running back Cameron Hurld said. “Players have got faster, so I expect our offense to go real well. We've got a good quarterback."

Coach Hollon thinks the negatives heading into this season can be tweeked.

"(We need to work on our) fundamentals,” he said. “It's no fault of their own. It's just something that I want to address of proper techniques, proper tackling skills, proper routes -- that's something that we stress."

But like every new season, nothing is more essential than preparing.

"I don't get much sleep,” Hollon said. “I enjoy it. Like I tell our players, I go to bed, like last night, probably 3:30-4 o' clock.”

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...19691.html
Maybe they could recruit some Canadians to shore up their defense.
If the time, energy and support was put into football that was put into basketball KCC would be very competitive. The kids deserve this level of support.
E's Army Wrote:Maybe they could recruit some Canadians to shore up their defense.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about cordia's basketball program and i think they will do fine this year.
Everytime I think of Knott County Central atheltics... I can't help but think of my main man Big Vance Hurley, class of 2003.

(yes, I know this comment is off topic.)
E's Army Wrote:If the time, energy and support was put into football that was put into basketball KCC would be very competitive. The kids deserve this level of support.

I agree 100 percent knott county basketball fans support your football team like football fan support the basketball team an that from 64sur Confusedmoke:
The team starts competing and the fans will come out. That is just the way it is. If the basketball team was blown out every game no one would pay to see them either. Note I said compete, not win. The kids show heart and compete from start to finish, things will work out.
Support starts with the administration.