Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How tall is Somerset's secondary?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How will Somerset cover Caldwell County's receivers that go 6'8, 6'5, 6'4, 6'3, 6'2, 6'2, and then we have several in the 6'0- 6'1 range? The starters in the goaline package are 6'8, 6'5, 6'4. and 6'1, with a 6'0 running back.
Speed trumps size.
E's Army Wrote:Speed trumps size.

Not in the red zone
Somersets secondary ranges from 5'9 to 6'3, but 2 of them have tremendous verticals and all of them have great speed. True to form Somersets defensive line may pose more problems than their secondary in terms of the passing game.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somersets secondary ranges from 5'9 to 6'3, but 2 of them have tremendous verticals and all of them have great speed. True to form Somersets defensive line may pose more problems than their secondary in terms of the passing game.

Not if you have a skilled QB, in the shotgun, that only needs to get the ball and throw it up high for his receivers. Caldwell County's Oline averages 275 lbs and 4 have started 2 years already. I see no problems from ANY Dlines.
DreamKiller Wrote:Not if you have a skilled QB, in the shotgun, that only needs to get the ball and throw it up high for his receivers. Caldwell County's Oline averages 275 lbs and 4 have started 2 years already. I see no problems from ANY Dlines.

Ok it's settled then, just hand Caldwell the trophy.
DreamKiller Wrote:Not if you have a skilled QB, in the shotgun, that only needs to get the ball and throw it up high for his receivers. Caldwell County's Oline averages 275 lbs and 4 have started 2 years already. I see no problems from ANY Dlines.

There's 13 games that Somerset has to get through and 14 games that Caldwell has to get through before any of that matters. I looked up the stats for Pepper. He caught 5 passes for 124 and no touchdowns in 2011, Anderson has no varsity catches. Lots of guys look good in their uniforms, in practice or in a 7 on 7 game. They might be great, but why don't we let them play a couple of varsity games before we start prognosticating State Championship game matchups? Caldwell County graduated 129 catches, 1957 yards and 20 touchdowns in Davis, Brandon and Sivils. Their replacements might be just as good if not better, but I think it might be best to see how the hold up in varsity action before we start making them automatic in the red zone. Those are some big numbers to replace.

Like other Somerset fans on here I hope we meet up with Caldwell County this season. That will mean both teams have had special seasons. Good luck this year and we'll be keeping an eye on you guys from the southeastern part of the state.
You got to get to the red zone.
Average Somerset DB is 5'7"
O-line averages 145-165 lbs
RB's on average run 6.5 40's
WR's run a blistering 6.0 flat in the 40
Only have 27 players out this year for football, 14 are freshmen.

We'll try to muddle along and not embarrass ourselves too much...good luck
Jumper Dad Wrote:Average Somerset DB is 5'7"
O-line averages 145-165 lbs
RB's on average run 6.5 40's
WR's run a blistering 6.0 flat in the 40
Only have 27 players out this year for football, 14 are freshmen.

We'll try to muddle along and not embarrass ourselves too much...good luck

Had a freshman quit today, 26 players now
Owensboro Catholic, DeSales, Glasgow, Bardstown and several others in the west are probably happy that the CC fans are already writing them off. Newport Catholic will have plenty to say in during this season as well.

Good Luck!
They do the NFL everyday. Average height of an nfl corner is 5'11 while the average height of an nfl receiver is 6'1. Sometimes DBs are just meaner.
I personally love to hit those tall receivers in the knees about the time the ball hits their hands. It's hard to hang on to the ball when you land on your head and its 100% legal!!!!
Sounds like Dreamkiller is a little nervous about this game all ready and the season hasn't even started.. No other reason someone would start a thread like this. Looks like he doesnt want Caldwell to lose to the east again.
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Sounds like Dreamkiller is a little nervous about this game all ready and the season hasn't even started.. No other reason someone would start a thread like this. Looks like he doesnt want Caldwell to lose to the east again.

We never want to lose to anybody but I am not scared of anything. These boys are really special to the whole community, and win or lose, those of you that were at the State Championship game between NCC and my beloved Tigers will tell you that Caldwell County had a loud, ruckus, and respectful crowd. The whole community was behind the Tigers and we took nearly more than 4,000 to the DeSales game and way more to the game in Bowling Green.

Get this straight, I have only one fear for these boys, and that is that one or more of them will get hurt. I hope there are no injuries to our boys or any of the teams you guys follow. Good Luck to all!
Wow.. what happened to Somerset being so amazing this year?

Doesn't sound like it from what I read on this thread..

But maybe that's good for Middlesboro, we might actually win the district now.
DreamKiller Wrote:We never want to lose to anybody but I am not scared of anything. These boys are really special to the whole community, and win or lose, those of you that were at the State Championship game between NCC and my beloved Tigers will tell you that Caldwell County had a loud, ruckus, and respectful crowd. The whole community was behind the Tigers and we took nearly more than 4,000 to the DeSales game and way more to the game in Bowling Green.

Get this straight, I have only one fear for these boys, and that is that one or more of them will get hurt. I hope there are no injuries to our boys or any of the teams you guys follow. Good Luck to all!

I can understand DreamKillers excitment for the upcoming season but it appears you are trying to play a mythical game between Caldwell and Somerset that may never even take place. The games are played on the field, one game at a time, eac Friday night, not on stats and on paper. Take each game as it comes each week. Enjoy the ride. Yes the Tigers have trememdous team possiblites for the next 2 years but ANYTHING can happen. And the opportunties for for going deep into the playoffs don't come that often for the Tigers. Don't let your "Dream" get "Killed" by predicting too much.
DreamKiller Wrote:How will Somerset cover Caldwell County's receivers that go 6'8, 6'5, 6'4, 6'3, 6'2, 6'2, and then we have several in the 6'0- 6'1 range? The starters in the goaline package are 6'8, 6'5, 6'4. and 6'1, with a 6'0 running back.

I have seen tall players that run 10.0 40's. What are the times these players run?
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Wow.. what happened to Somerset being so amazing this year?

Doesn't sound like it from what I read on this thread..

But maybe that's good for Middlesboro, we might actually win the district now.

Perhaps this will help you understand Jumper Dad and Buffalo Bildoes posts:
Definition of SARCASM-- a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
Walt Longmire Wrote:Perhaps this will help you understand Jumper Dad and Buffalo Bildoes posts:
Definition of SARCASM-- a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

Im sorry, I thought that Jumper Dad's stats were true stats. I didn't care about the other posts, but those stats that Jumper Dad posted were awful, and that's what I was going by.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Im sorry, I thought that Jumper Dad's stats were true stats. I didn't care about the other posts, but those stats that Jumper Dad posted were awful, and that's what I was going by.

No, he's just following the whole: "Let's just give Caldwell County the trophy now." line.
On a serious note. Is somerset going to have any size?
Todd Griffin needs to give us a preseason rundown on the tigers.
PaytoPlay Wrote:On a serious note. Is somerset going to have any size?

Yes, o line will have good size and physicality, 2 kids at 300 plus that move well, couple kids in the mid 200's. Shs will have good size and good speed all over the field. Should be a fun year
Caldwell fans sound like highlands and mayfield fans now. The only difference being, caldwell has 1? 2? titles???? you better pray the qb doesnt get hurt, then you guys have zero chance. They seem to forget the last three 2A state champs are from NKY, and NCC has played in the state title game 9 out of the last 13 years winning 4, I may be off by a game plus or minus.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Yes, o line will have good size and physicality, 2 kids at 300 plus that move well, couple kids in the mid 200's. Shs will have good size and good speed all over the field. Should be a fun year

300+ pounds in high school? I would say they are lucky to be able to move, much less quickly.
wow
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:300+ pounds in high school? I would say they are lucky to be able to move, much less quickly.
Then you would be wrong.
What Somerset's secondary lacks in size it definitely makes up for in speed. As long as Somerset stays healthy they got a shot!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:300+ pounds in high school? I would say they are lucky to be able to move, much less quickly.

The Skidmore kid is right at 300 lbs (298) and runs in the low 5's in the 40, has absolutely outstanding lateral movement at around 6'2 he's a prototypical guard at the next level.
Pages: 1 2