Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Vs Hazard Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and predictions about this game?
Sense this is hazzard instead of hazard,I'm picking Whitley co. Confusednicker:
Whitley by a whole lot.
It all depends on how much Whitleys young defense shows up.

I think Whitley will be easily burnt in the passing game until this young secondary gets use to the speed. However, I think Whitley will score rather easily on Hazard. I havent heard yet what the scrimmage format is going to be, but if were keeping score, I expect Whitley to come out and win this scrimmage by 2-3 td's.
It will be a big learning experience for the young defense. Hazard isnt even close to what Morristown West will be in Whitleys first game, so i think we'll get an idea of what the season has in store after the scrimmage.

Has anybody heard whether Whitleys second scrimmage got picked up or not? I know they were trying, but not definitive answer. I thought Johnson Central would be back on the scrimmage list again.
If hazards front 5 can give Jones a couple seams I think they will play close.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It all depends on how much Whitleys young defense shows up.

I think Whitley will be easily burnt in the passing game until this young secondary gets use to the speed. However, I think Whitley will score rather easily on Hazard. I havent heard yet what the scrimmage format is going to be, but if were keeping score, I expect Whitley to come out and win this scrimmage by 2-3 td's.
It will be a big learning experience for the young defense. Hazard isnt even close to what Morristown West will be in Whitleys first game, so i think we'll get an idea of what the season has in store after the scrimmage.

Has anybody heard whether Whitleys second scrimmage got picked up or not? I know they were trying, but not definitive answer. I thought Johnson Central would be back on the scrimmage list again.

I think Whitley's DB's will be fine. LB and DE will be the ?. There is no 2nd scrimmage since there is a week zero game. The hazard scrimmage was picked up to replace Johnson Central since the y had to cancel for this year.
footballfever Wrote:I think Whitley's DB's will be fine. LB and DE will be the ?. There is no 2nd scrimmage since there is a week zero game. The hazard scrimmage was picked up to replace Johnson Central since the y had to cancel for this year.

:igiveup: scrimmage or no scrimmage with hazard Confusednicker:
When is the game?
footballfever Wrote:I think Whitley's DB's will be fine. LB and DE will be the ?. There is no 2nd scrimmage since there is a week zero game. The hazard scrimmage was picked up to replace Johnson Central since the y had to cancel for this year.

Your right about that.
Ive said several times that line play was Whitleys biggest question mark on both sides of the ball, and your right about linebackers, we lost them all. Theres going to be big shoes to fill. My defenseive secondary comment was the fact that Hazard has had decent QB's over the past few years. I think the run wont matter as much as in this game because of the difference in depth. Ill be more worried about the run against MW and MS.

I had a brain fart on the scrimmage. I remember hearing about the JC scrimmage getting cancelled, who did JC pick up to scrimmage this year?
Ok 64SUR I'm so very sorry for the typo I guess I don't win your little Williamsburg Spelling Bee but maybe next time right? Haha Also lets not talk about spelling when I have seen many misspelled words on your post.
Prediction: Losing team will say, they were working on some stuff and didn't want to tip their hand to the spies in the stands from upcoming opponents. They tried a bunch of kids at different positions just to see how they would work out.

Winning team will say, oh yeah we didn't really try either.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Prediction: Losing team will say, they were working on some stuff and didn't want to tip their hand to the spies in the stands from upcoming opponents. They tried a bunch of kids at different positions just to see how they would work out.

Winning team will say, oh yeah we didn't really try either.

LOL.....pretty much "coach speak" by any coach after any scrimmage.....and to a certain extent true. Not so much when they only have one scrimmage but there is a grain of truth to it....

JumperDad you have lost to Whitley two years in a row so I am fairly confident that you could write the scouting report on them, heck they did the same thing both years...a physical, hard hitting, ball running, hard working football team.
I have more than one predictions on this one....

1. Whitley will do what they do best run the ball
2. Hazard will use their athletes to try and get the advantage
3. Williamsburg will have more "coaches" there than Hazard and Whitley put together
4. You won't see Ysidro work his arm too much
5. You will see Hazard air it out
6. Going to be a good scrimmage for both schools
64SUR Wrote::igiveup: scrimmage or no scrimmage with hazard Confusednicker:

It's on like donkey kong!!!!!!!!!!!
This game will benefit both teams and prepare them for the season and help get comparisons on teams they could face in the playoff..
What's the date of this game and where at?
FootballAdiction Wrote:Ok 64SUR I'm so very sorry for the typo I guess I don't win your little Williamsburg Spelling Bee but maybe next time right? Haha Also lets not talk about spelling when I have seen many misspelled words on your post.

ok deal :igiveup:
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:LOL.....pretty much "coach speak" by any coach after any scrimmage.....and to a certain extent true. Not so much when they only have one scrimmage but there is a grain of truth to it....

JumperDad you have lost to Whitley two years in a row so I am fairly confident that you could write the scouting report on them, heck they did the same thing both years...a physical, hard hitting, ball running, hard working football team.

Missed both games, just know what I heard.
Actually Someset fans should know better than anyone else.
Theyve seen both these teams the past two years.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:I have more than one predictions on this one....

1. Whitley will do what they do best run the ball
2. Hazard will use their athletes to try and get the advantage
3. Williamsburg will have more "coaches" there than Hazard and Whitley put together
4. You won't see Ysidro work his arm too much
5. You will see Hazard air it out
6. Going to be a good scrimmage for both schools

:Cheerlead yes Whitley will run that's very true Confusednicker:This must not be a 7-7 hmmm when,where and time.Confusednicker:
I expect Whitley to start throwing the ball a little more over the next few years.
Woods should be a decent throwing QB, and theres some good potential at the middle school level. I think the big question would be where the program is headed. Im not sure how much longer Black will wait before he retires, and if he does, the hire will be very important to watch.
What did Hazard lose from last year?
Hazard b y a TD.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Missed both games, just know what I heard.

Heard what???? What teams would say after scrimmage?:thatsfunn
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What did Hazard lose from last year?

hazard just lost 7pts from last year team. Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What did Hazard lose from last year?

Hazard lost about 85% of its offense from last year but return a very good group of juniors who will be seniors and will be ready... There's a couple kids who seen a few snaps on offense who return and that's kody aren't and Brandon jones... And both are backs.. I think hazard will be more of a running team this year with two great backs and a experienced line. Offense will splutter a little bit but defense is where I think hazard will be solid.. They will have a very solid linebacker crew and DBS n safety's.. And I really don't expect hazard to give up to many points later in the season but the beginning will be a little different story until they get n football shape
will they hire assistant coach? or go after a big name coach?
Anyone heard the date for this scrimmage yet and where at???
The game will be August 16th at hazard bac2369.
Anyone know if its going to be like a game or series of 10 plays each..
I believe it will be a game type scrimmage.
Pages: 1 2 3