Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport vs Western
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone have any predictions? i dont know much western but from goin by what ive heard buzzin around newport id have to say newport handily 35-7
Newport takes this one pretty easily.

Welcome to BGR nptnorse06. Does JJ Hesch (sp) return this season?
yea jj returns with 2 out of 5 lineman and newly molded recievers.. newport has to put in their work to be on the same level as last year but anything is possible.. this is hesch's senior year so look for him to try and put up big numbers to go out with a bang
i dont think jj will do any good this year... nor will newport... they lost most of their line and all they have is schoo wilfong and jj so look for newport to get beat...
i dont know much about western's D but i do know that wilfong running the ball will open up the passing game for hesch... they may not have to recievers newport had last yr in thomas huston and atkins but i have faith in schlarrmann to do his job and mold newport into a AA state championship contender team.. so i will stick to my prediction newport 35 western 7 :Thumbs:
Western by two touchdowns
final score newport 39 western 7... newports defense looked stellar flying to the ball causing big hits and forcing turnovers... schoo had pick or two and a touchdown.. wilfong started slow... but marshaun oden picked up the slack... hesch looked decent in his season opener... but whats to expect... you can tell the line is young... by the looks of this game newport may fare well this season