Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DJ'ing a 20 year class reunion.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been asked to DJ the JCHS Class of 1993 reunion. :headphone

I have DJ'ed three weddings in the past but they were all family members.

We have a great sound system, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I just want to play songs that people will get up and dance to.... some fast and some slow.

Any suggestions on songs what to play/what not to play........

And please feel free to share your ideas on what made your class reunion fun or miserable.
My plan is to play some dance tunes and some slow jams from 1988-1995. Then throw some current Top 40 beats in the mix as well.

Boyz II Men
Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff
Sir Mix-A-Lot
Madonna
Salt N' Peppa
Was (Not Was)
Aerosmith
RUN-Dmc
Vanilla Ice

I don't have my iPod plugged in.... I have more from the late 80's & early 90's, but can't remember them all. I think so far I have 90 songs on the playlist.
Any of hair bands, Mötley Crüe , Poison, Warrant, etc. would be good. Guns and Roses were prominent during that era. Rob Base and Bestie Boys were great. I also graduated in 93, I am sure there is more great music from that era. Music was the best then and it only got better until the 2000's.
Jarons Wrote:Any of hair bands, Mötley Crüe , Poison, Warrant, etc. would be good. Guns and Roses were prominent during that era. Rob Base and Bestie Boys were great. I also graduated in 93, I am sure there is more great music from that era. Music was the best then and it only got better until the 2000's.

Noted

Thanks.
1993?

Has to be NKOTB.

Confusednicker:
The early 90's (IMO) had two main genres.... Dance Hits and Slow Jams.

So Im gonna try to have about a 60/40 to 70/30 split Dance Hits to Slow Jams.
I DJ'ed a Booster Club event that played music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Hope you have better luck than I did haha.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I DJ'ed a Booster Club event that played music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Hope you have better luck than I did haha.

To be honest, I don't see alot of people coming to dance.

I just wanna play songs that people will sing along with and maybe get up and act a fool.

If the right song comes on and they get up and 'Bust a Move', I'll be happy.
I swore I was not gonna play 'The Electric Slide' or 'The Macarena'

But wouldn't you know it.... I've had about 20 people reuqest both of them on the class reunion's FB page.