Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58 district predictions for 06-07 season !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im gonna go out on a limb here and say that sf is gonna win district this year simply because they are tired of being ran down by everyone one they have some other students that are also gonna come out this year but hey thats my opion lets hear some others
:Thumbs:
I wouldn't go to far out on that limb, it just might break with you.
I would personally like to see South Floyd be competitive and contend for the district. I don't believe it will happen this year however, but I could be surprised. My pick to win the 58th would have to be Allen Central once again. They have good pitching returning and a good crop of freshman who will be good. Prestonsburg is my pick for number 2 in the district behind the pitching of Rodebaugh. Betsy Layne would be 3rd and South Floyd a far 4th until they prove themselves worthy. I would like to see Floyd County Schools become serious about baseball and all schools be very competitive. Right now though, the only serious regional contender is Allen Central, and with the youth and inexperience -- a regional crown doesn't look promising.
A regional crown may not be in the forecast for the 2007 season. After looking at previous postings it looks like AC will be pretty young in '07, but it looks like they might make some noise in the '08 season. Give those boys a little Varsity experience and they might just turn a few heads. Of course a lot of can happen and only time will tell.
gotcha2 Wrote:A regional crown may not be in the forecast for the 2007 season. After looking at previous postings it looks like AC will be pretty young in '07, but it looks like they might make some noise in the '08 season. Give those boys a little Varsity experience and they might just turn a few heads. Of course a lot of can happen and only time will tell.

I agree. I don't think Allen Central will win the region this season, but I think they'll be competitive against regional opponents. If that young class can get it going, then AC just might be the team to beat in '08.
Will AC be playing any fall ball this year. After seeing their Football Roster it looked like quite a few of their returning players are on the football team.
AC lost a lot from last season but they also have a lot returning (Scottie Little and Josh Prater)they also have a very athletic freshman class that will help them improve in every sport...They will win district this year IMO...
i think that SF should compete this year but i dont c a district chamionship this year mayb in a few years...but that will win more that 3 games this year
I don't see a district title in SF's future either...NOt only did they lose Justin Slone, Tj Hall, and Mason Hall to graduation but they also lost Colby Hayes as well...from what I have heard he went to Pikeville to better his golf game....The Raiders still have a talented trio of sophomores returning...Adam Slone, Tyler Mitchell, and Cody Cook as well as Junior Cody Howell...but a district championship is just out of reach because of lack of pitching
im going to say AC there unstoppable
I think BL will do well this year...they lost a whole lot from last year but they do return Brennan Case, Brandon Mulkey, and Heath Tackett
Allen Central will win it's 6th District Title in 7 years in 2007! Yes, they lost a major part of thier 2006 success, but with freshamn like Logan Crowder, Chris Stumbo, Chad Nelson, and Hunter Crowder, all of whom saw varsity action as 8th Graders, and experienced under classmen like Little and Prater, this team will be competitive. Johnson, entering his 3rd season, has done a magnificent job as AC baseball coach, posting a 2005 record of 18-14, and a record last season of 23-11. He teaches fundamental baseball with an emphasis on "the little things." He pushes the kids to play to their full potential, and although this year's team wil be young and somewhat inexperienced, he will go about his business no different. I don't look for AC to be regional contenders this season, but District Champions...yes! Give these kids a full season, and a few games next year, and they will be turning heads in the 15th Region!!!!
AC will also return Junior Alex Hammonds, Hammonds has started for AC Varsity for 2 years.
j.c or phs
Not sure who you are referring to as "phs" but there is no JC in the 58th district.
1. Allen Central
2. Prestonsburg
3. Betsy Layne
4. South Floyd
every one can just keep saying sf is not gonna do very good but like i said i think there gonna win it thats my opion and im gonna stick to it allen centrel lost alot more seniors then sf and tj hall big deal he did not inpress me one bit last year after everyone saying he was good and idk how people could down sf for loosing him i admit jut slone was a big lose but tj and mason made more mistakes then anything else
I think TJ Hall led the team in batting averege not to mention he was their best pitcher....he wouldn't the best pitcher in the world but he did pitch the most innings for his team and had the lowest ERA...so i beleive losing TJ was just as a big loss as losing Justin
Personally, I don't think South Floyd will contend much for the district. They just don't have the training necessary, nor the coaching. There are some talented kids at South Floyd -- most whom walk the halls and never step foot on the diamond -- and they could put a very competitive team on the field, but it won't happen anytime soon while their training is far below that of other teams. In the 58th district, they may have a chance at winning or making the region because P-Burg and BL aren't too far ahead. Allen Central seems to be the most talented of these teams on the field these days, and still, they could be better. It will happen when Floyd County becomes somewhat serious about baseball, and decides to put a little money into it. Then they will get some money back from it, and the schools will compete much much more.
wild bill Wrote:every one can just keep saying sf is not gonna do very good but like i said i think there gonna win it thats my opion and im gonna stick to it allen centrel lost alot more seniors then sf and tj hall big deal he did not inpress me one bit last year after everyone saying he was good and idk how people could down sf for loosing him i admit jut slone was a big lose but tj and mason made more mistakes then anything else
Tj also went on to play college baseball so he must have ben pretty good....or some one wouldn't have waisted a scholarship on him
Could the 58th be the weakest overall district in the state?
rooster Wrote:Could the 58th be the weakest overall district in the state?

I'd say it is one of the weakest. Arguably the district with Breathitt County, Wolfe County, Jackson City, and Riverside Christian would have to be just as weak though.
Pacman Wrote:I'd say it is one of the weakest. Arguably the district with Breathitt County, Wolfe County, Jackson City, and Riverside Christian would have to be just as weak though.
I'd say you are right.