Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA not renewing contract with EA Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ideo-games

So this means that EA Sports NCAA Football '14 will be the last edition.
Glad I bought mine already.

And for real, I've read on some other sites that if all the athletes win their lawsuit against the NCAA for using their likeness, it will more than likely bankrupt the NCAA.... which may not be a bad thing.

And here's why.....
I used this example with a friend last night.

Boxing. There are four recognized sanctioned body's with title belts. Yes, I know there are other sanctioning body's that have a title belt. But these are the "Big 4"
WBC - World Boxing Council
WBA - World Boxing Assocation
WBO - World Boxing Organization
IBF - International Boxing Federation

Now, the "Big 4" college athletic conferences are the SEC, PAC 12, BIG 10 and the ACC. Yes, there are other college athletic conferences, but the same as boxing.

Now chew on this, the Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez fight in September to unify the WBA & WBC Junior Middleweight/Super Welterweight (154 lbs.) titles is predicted to be the highest buy rate Pay-Per-View in history. So what would we call that in footballl...... A PLAYOFF. Cause more than likely the winner of this fight will challenge for the other two remaining titles in the 154 lbs. class and become the lineal champ in that division.
The NCAA sucks
I always wondered why the NCAA never recognized a Div. I Nat'l Champion.

Div. 2 & Div. 3 have a playoff system. But the biggest money making sport in college athletics doesn't recognize a Nat'l champion.... But they regulate and sanction it. Odd
man, that's the only way san jose state can win a national championship
This somewhat sucks as I always enjoyed playing NCAA over Madden.

However, I am not surprised by it with all the athletes wanting royalties.