Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Damien Harris transferring schools?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any news on weither or not Harris is transferring?
FootballAdiction Wrote:Any news on weither or not Harris is transferring?

Where is he transferring too?
Why would he be leaving when he was just talking about Madison Southern on his twitter account about 2 hour ago? (With NO other school mentioned in that tweet)
He's transfering to Corbin LOL
^ A joke or is that legit?
I'm sure that was a joke but I sure do wish he would transfer to Corbin.
He may be looking at 14th region basketball schools.
I bet Scott County would be a nice place for him to land.
FootballAdiction Wrote:Any news on weither or not Harris is transferring?

You know a young man is "exceptional" when crap like this gets started and he still has two years of high school left. I haven't seen this kid play just the youtube highlights, but everybody says he is the real deal. I hope he eventually turns out to be one of the best talents ever from this area. I just love to see the KY kids accel. If he does transfer, then good luck to him wherever he ends up---maybe Highlands, Lex Cath, or Trinity? (you know it isn't recruiting if it done by a private school, its collecting talent for the good of the individuals)
HonestJohn Wrote:---maybe Highlands, Lex Cath, or Trinity? (you know it isn't recruiting if it done by a private school, its collecting talent for the good of the individuals)

Highlands is a PUBLIC school. As the young man is not from one of the communities in Campbell County adjacent to Ft Thomas, he would not be eligible to transfer.
Highlands a private school? What did they buy back stock and took themselves private:biglmao::dudecomeon:
I have heard many rumors that Harris might be transferring schools. I had no clue whether or not this was true.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He may be looking at 14th region basketball schools.

Best post in the thread. Confusednicker: Kid is an incredible talent, good luck to him regardless of what he does.
Frozenbird Wrote:Highlands is a PUBLIC school. As the young man is not from one of the communities in Campbell County adjacent to Ft Thomas, he would not be eligible to transfer.

I guess its just amazing how many good players are "born" in this area. I just hope that the new KY football coaches can find talent like HHS does each year. I am not bashing HHS, but there is no way that much talent comes from a small area every single year. There is no doubt they are one of the best programs in the state each year and have been for the last decade at least. The thing that bugs me is that everybody up there wants to think the rest of the state is so dumb that they don't know what goes on. I know, people just move there for the good jobs (with the school?) and their supertalented kids just happen to come with them. I am not bashing HHS, they have a dynasty. But don't think just because KHSAA lets them get away with it that everybody doesn't know what is going on. 150 really talented football players every year from a 500 student school just doesn't add up. Not without selective enrollment help. I am not going to argue with you, but you know yourself a small area like Fort Thomas can't support 5+ consecutive state titles. Maybe a private like Trinity or a big northern KY school with big enrollment numbers and alot of kids to pick from, but not a small town school. Too much talent for one area to have without borrowing from other communities. Good luck on winning number six, but you won't need it this year. HHS may be the best team in all classes this year, but definately in 4A.
Same old rant. Please provide a list of players on the recent teams who did not go to grade school in the Ft Thomas public school system. You and others perpetually make the same claims but DO NOT follow-up with a shred of evidence. Gets tiring.

The success COULD have something to do with the time and effort in the youth football league. The success COULD have something to do with GENERATIONS of families playing on the team. Unlike a lot of other parts of the state, the nepotism system does not exist at the school. You do not see people being hired by the school so their son can play there (though this is a new "excuse" I have not heard before on these boards so you get an A for creativity).

Does the tradition of the school attract people? YES. Do the superior academics of the school attract people? YES. Is there recruitment? Offer evidence please.
Frozenbird Wrote:Same old rant. Please provide a list of players on the recent teams who did not go to grade school in the Ft Thomas public school system. You and others perpetually make the same claims but DO NOT follow-up with a shred of evidence. Gets tiring.

The success COULD have something to do with the time and effort in the youth football league. The success COULD have something to do with GENERATIONS of families playing on the team. Unlike a lot of other parts of the state, the nepotism system does not exist at the school. You do not see people being hired by the school so their son can play there (though this is a new "excuse" I have not heard before on these boards so you get an A for creativity).

Does the tradition of the school attract people? YES. Do the superior academics of the school attract people? YES. Is there recruitment? Offer evidence please.

I'm not saying that HHS recruits any kid. If my kid was playing in thr NKY area I would encourage my son to play for them. IMO they have a great fan base, one of the best coaches to coach at any high school level (IMO) and a winning tradition. HHS may not be a private school but they are an independent school which gives them somewhat of an advantage for any player who wants to attend their school. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Either way I have a lot of respect for their program and their coaches.
HonestJohn Wrote:I guess its just amazing how many good players are "born" in this area. I just hope that the new KY football coaches can find talent like HHS does each year. I am not bashing HHS, but there is no way that much talent comes from a small area every single year. There is no doubt they are one of the best programs in the state each year and have been for the last decade at least. The thing that bugs me is that everybody up there wants to think the rest of the state is so dumb that they don't know what goes on. I know, people just move there for the good jobs (with the school?) and their supertalented kids just happen to come with them. I am not bashing HHS, they have a dynasty. But don't think just because KHSAA lets them get away with it that everybody doesn't know what is going on. 150 really talented football players every year from a 500 student school just doesn't add up. Not without selective enrollment help. I am not going to argue with you, but you know yourself a small area like Fort Thomas can't support 5+ consecutive state titles. Maybe a private like Trinity or a big northern KY school with big enrollment numbers and alot of kids to pick from, but not a small town school. Too much talent for one area to have without borrowing from other communities. Good luck on winning number six, but you won't need it this year. HHS may be the best team in all classes this year, but definately in 4A.

Highlands' football and academic traditions do their recruiting, people move to the school district because they want their kids going to school there.

I'm sure that Highlands has a few players that do not live in their district, but I'm also sure that 98% of the better programs in Ky do as well.
Unless there is SOMETHING to this rumor, shouldn't this thread be shut down?
Yes Highlands recruits. Yes there is proof. No the khsaa will never try and touch them. End of story. The superintendent set in front of myself and other professionals and presented the recruiting packet they send out along w a 10 minute DVD. He then proceeded to share that they have several non certified teachers and didn't care about the KDE requirements because their scores were so good. His exact words were they will not touch us as long as we keep performing.

That being said selective enrollment and selective recruitment will keep them on the top and in the class they feel like they can keep winning. (There is a reason they don't let every NKY kid in that can't play- they don't want to compete in 5A and against other 6A schools that can recruit also). Dale does a great job but face it folks-coaching selective kids dying to be a part of your program makes coaching a lot easier. Until someone continually beats them and exposes them and khsaa starts trying to make things fair their run will continue and become more and more impressive. Highlands is by far the favorite this year as they should be. Good luck to all this season.
Bell County- "Mike Mitchell"