Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ridiculous Rule in The NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was watching pardon the interruption a little bit ago and seen where Reggie Bush was fined for wearing gold Adidas cleats in his first game. I had no idea that the only types of shoes allowed by the NFL is Nike and Reebok. I just though that was crazy.
It is crazy!
Makes sense though cause if you give them an inch they'll take a mile and end up playing bare ass
I think that rule is dumb.
Let's think about this for a second and make reason of it.....hmmmm....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
It all started when Jim McMahan (?) the QB for the Bears in the late 80s was wearing his Adidas Headband. They started fining him for the same thing.

I think it is dumb also and a man should be able to wear what ever shoes he wants to wear. They also said that Adidas gave him the money for the fine. Thing is yeah that's cool if they do that. But, if he continues to wear them, they will suspend him.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ NFL- NO FUN LEAGUE!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I look at this another way. Reggie knew when he signed with Adidas that this was the case. Adidas knew also.

Let's go by an example. You think you should be allowed to drive on the sidewalk. Yet it's a law that you may not. You know it's a law. Yet you do it anyway. When you get caught would you be shocked and dismayed that this is not a fair law if it's not hurting anyone. No, you would be an idiot for doing something that you knew was against the rules.
Reggie Bush said not to worry about it because Adidas already took care of the fine. And I would say he will contunue wearing the shoes as long as they keep paying for his fines.
he might have got fined for wearing the cleats because it was different from the teams shoes. like last year clinton portis get fined for wearing diferent color socks.
The No Fun League as it has been called, does not believe that any individual is bigger than the game, and that you are part of a team.
i think the real question is why addidas is against the rules
No different than all KY schools required to use Rawlings Balls for tournement play.

Show me the Money
I bet you that Adidas pays for his fines......under the table of course
All NFL uniforms can only be reebok, I think.
lpd826 Wrote:I bet you that Adidas pays for his fines......under the table of course
they did.
BurntTires Wrote:All NFL uniforms can only be reebok, I think.
Uniflrms yes, not the shoes though.

They can be Reebok, Nike or Under Armour.