Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7 on 7 at Pikeville HS today (7/12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know how the teams looked?:popcorn:
Pikeville's 1st team won the tournament with wins versus Betsy Layne and Wheelersburg. Pikeville and Johnson Central each had two teams participating.

Pool Play
One pool went like:
1. Betsy Layne 3-0
2. Pikeville (1) 2-1
3. Wheelersburg 1-2
4. Johnson Central (2) 0-3

The other:
1. Hazard 3-0
2. Johnson Central (1) 2-1
3. Shelby Valley 1-2
4. Pikeville (2) 0-3

I believe these are the correct results, please correct any errors.

JC left before the tourney started.

Wheelersburg defeated Hazard to get to the Championship after Hazard defeated SV.

A good day at Hambley. Glad football is back! Lots of nice plays and players out there today.
:igiveup: I give up on these stats I'm I missing something Confusednicker:
Johnson central was the best team there. Anyone know why pikeville got the bye when Betsy Layne won there pool? Not sure what happened. Did pikeville play Johnson central or hazard? Pikeville looked good at times. The Charles boy is a great qb. Pikeville keep working hard I think you all will be awesome this year!
sportscritic Wrote:Johnson central was the best team there. Anyone know why pikeville got the bye when Betsy Layne won there pool? Not sure what happened. Did pikeville play Johnson central or hazard? Pikeville looked good at times. The Charles boy is a great qb. Pikeville keep working hard I think you all will be awesome this year!

From what I saw Kash was the dominate QB. Not saying Charles didnt do good but from a leadership standpoint and winning the championship game vs Wheelersburg he was a clear cut starter in a new system . But that's just my POV
sportscritic Wrote:Johnson central was the best team there. Anyone know why pikeville got the bye when Betsy Layne won there pool? Not sure what happened. Did pikeville play Johnson central or hazard? Pikeville looked good at times. The Charles boy is a great qb. Pikeville keep working hard I think you all will be awesome this year!

Johnson Central brought there ones down for two losses against Wheelersburg & Pikeville.
How did Hazard's new QB look?

IMO, Pikeville's skill players will be VERY good:
Daniel
Hall
Estep
Maynard
Charles
and others

:rockon:
One step closer to the regular season. Would like to have been there to see it, and sounds like some pretty good competition.
jetpilot Wrote:How did Hazard's new QB look?

IMO, Pikeville's skill players will be VERY good:
Daniel
Hall
Estep
Maynard
Charles
and others

:rockon:

Lots of skill !! :Thumbs:
TurboPanther Wrote:Johnson Central brought there ones down for two losses against Wheelersburg & Pikeville.

A passing game is very unrealistic but used to work on some different passing combinations and to work on different defensive looks and coverages. If you would have watched it closely you would have noticed that JC had two different groups there and they just rotated. They split their team down the middle half and half...half starters and have 2nd/3rd string guys. Not at one time were all the starters on the field. Pikeville is going to be a solid Class A team, I was impressed as was Wheelersburg who is always a solid 7 on 7 club. Good day of work, but no need to put any stock in to a passing game. Glad to see the footballs being thrown around today!
Hazard finished as a first seed 3-0 in Pool Play and Johnson central was the second at 2-1. Hazard was beaten out by Wheelrsburg Ohio.
Here's what I saw today.

Johnson Central is a very good team. No matter what combinations they had they looked good. Pikeville had some serious athletes, I will personally jump on their bandwagon. Betsy Layne looked real well. The problem I see, they aren't very deep. It was a good day of football.
king360 Wrote:Hazard finished as a first seed 3-0 in Pool Play and Johnson central was the second at 2-1. Hazard was beaten out by Wheelrsburg Ohio.
My apologies, I will correct it.
In 3 games I have personally watched JC play over last four years, I have seen them throw the ball about 5-6 times total between all the games. I would not expect them to look good in 7 v 7 game. How can the look good doing something that is not in any of their game plans? I am not sure why they even bother with going to 7v7 when they do not utilize the pass during the season. Not putting JC down, because they have been one of the better 4A teams, just curious why they go to 7v7?
It's not only about passing the ball, it's also about defending the pass. JC may not throw it a lot but they still have to play defense. And if anybody watched them play last year you know they had trouble defending the pass. So why not have a passing league team, every bit of practice helps.
falcon ed Wrote:It's not only about passing the ball, it's also about defending the pass. JC may not throw it a lot but they still have to play defense. And if anybody watched them play last year you know they had trouble defending the pass. So why not have a passing league team, every bit of practice helps.

You are right,I was just thinking offense. I have never seen a 7v7 game, are they worth watching? I am not one of these guys who likes to watch practices and that is what it sounds like to me.
It's basically a game with no linemen with the exception of the center. You have your 3 backs, the qb, 2 receivers and the center.
We played that in intramurals in college. Is their any contact allowed?