Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What freshman will be the biggest impact this year for your team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who if any freshman can be a big play maker for your team?
South Floyd has a real exciting freshman fullback/linebacker in Bobby Meade!great potential could possibly lead the raiders back to the playoffs
Bobby Meade seems to play both sides of the ball real well personally I think that all of their freshman is good...they had a great middle school team last year...they will all develop and may possibly have the best football team ever in Hi Hat in a few years...
Im not sure about the season as a whole.....but friday night against betsy layne freshman Chris Stumbo at Ac is gonna have to step up and start Qb for the rebels, Stumbo done well in the scrimmage against jackson county, throwing for 4 touchdowns......sophomore Qb josh prater will suit up for fridays game but probably wont see action until the second quarter due to being out of practice for 2 weeks with pneumonia
I hope Chris has made an improvement since last year.
I'd say that the biggest impact by a freshman on the Johnson Central football team will be from the Dillon kid. Big kid with a well developed frame and has a lot of good intangibles for a young running back. May see some time in the JC backfield but i believe that it will be limited permiting no injuries.
#33 the Doughter (spelling) kid will have a big impact on the tigers. He looked great running the ball at the scrimmage at Pikeville. Great future. Austin McKinney from P-burg will also be good. He could get some playing time for the blackcats in the near future.
Original Post: #33 the Doughter (spelling) kid will have a big impact on the tigers. He looked great running the ball at the scrimmage at Pikeville. Great future. Austin McKinney from P-burg will also be good. He could get some playing time for the blackcats in the near future.

I agree 100% with you DFBlackcat53. The kid from paintsville looked good and McKinney is really impressing.
I'm a Jenkins fan and I would say the best freshman we have out this year is Dakota Cress... He wont play this year, but hes a BIG linemen with quick feet, he juss needs to drop some pounds and get some experience... its his first year playin but he has great potential
Southwestern's frosh look pretty good this year. but pretty weak on the line and split position but other than that they're doin pretty good.
Warrior81
josh albert #36 RB/LB
Letcher Central has two really good ones in Chase Adams and McKenzie Smith.
Yea. i heard LC's going to be pretty good this year
Warrior81
KCC has 2 freshmen that are really good Kenny Craft RB/WR hes quick as lighting but lacks some size an has great hands, Braxton Rattliff(Spelling) plays QB has great potential an will be playin QB next year since Lindon is leaving
dfblackcat53 Wrote:#33 the Doughter (spelling) kid will have a big impact on the tigers. He looked great running the ball at the scrimmage at Pikeville. Great future. Austin McKinney from P-burg will also be good. He could get some playing time for the blackcats in the near future.
Nehemiah Doderer is the one I believe you were talking about. He is fast and is great at breaking tackles from what I've seen of him.
watch out for the mcanallen kid at pikeville he is going to be something special
he averaged 80% of the junior highs points last year and they averaged 35-40 points per game. he is starting at cornerback right now for the panthers
Dilllon Hughes at Shelby Valley has had the biggest freshman impact so far for valley......2 interceptions 1 def td and a forced fumble
Austin Mckinnley and Micheal Burchett from Prestonsburg look pretty good so far from what i've seen in scrimmages ! IMO they will have to carry the Freshman team this season !
HSFootballFreak Wrote:I'm a Jenkins fan and I would say the best freshman we have out this year is Dakota Cress... He wont play this year, but hes a BIG linemen with quick feet, he juss needs to drop some pounds and get some experience... its his first year playin but he has great potential

Ok, if the kid isnt even playing how could he have an impact on the team? Lets just stay true to the thread here.
blackcat_student Wrote:Austin Mckinnley and Micheal Burchett from Prestonsburg look pretty good so far from what i've seen in scrimmages ! IMO they will have to carry the Freshman team this season !

as far as i know the burg has no freshmen team..to small in numbers..but as the year goes on who knows