Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Temporal vs. Eternal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 Corinthians ch. 4 (KJV)
18 - While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

This verse has two excellent meanings.

The passage in Blue means... If you can physically see it with your human eyes, then it is temporary.

The passage in Red means... f you can not physically see it with your human eyes, then it is eternal.

Hebrews ch. 11
11 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
You might be asking why did I post this.....???

Matthew ch. 6 (KJV)
19 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 - But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 - For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No matter how much money you have in the bank.... How many people you know... What you own.... Where you've been.... Your social status.... it will fade away.

There is nothing wrong with having nice material possessions or being high on the social ladder. I have several "toys" (hot tub, 4 wheeler, ps3, iPads, tv's... plus all the wife's designer purses and shoes) not to mention all the sporting goods and guns I have... I could open up my own store.

But one day down the road, all of that will be no more. The moment your life ends on this Earth, all of the materialistic possessions you had will meaning nothing. The only thing..... I'll say that again, The Only Thing That Will Matter after you die will be if you knew Jesus as your Saviour.
As much as I love my family, I know, in time, they will pass away from this Earth.
Their body is Temporal.

But thank God of the promise He gave to us of eternal life.

In Feburary, my grandmother passed away from a long struggle with cancer. It broke my heart.... I mean broke my heart in a thousand pieces to see her pass away. The last five days she was in the hospital, I maybe left three times to shower at my house. But if I didn't have the promise of seeing her again, I would need some serious medication and therapy cause nothing this world has to offer can fill the void I have of her not being with us anymore.

But as we stood arond her hospital bed.... I knew, I knew, I knew that she was on the door step of chilly Jordan just waiting to make her crossing.

Yes, I know her body is buried on our family graveyard.... But thank God her soul isn't there. Just knowing that I will see her makes it a brighter day.
Awesome, awesome points!!! My preacher just preached about this a couple weeks back and it really hit home with me.
God bless you Pulp...:Thumbs: on the thread!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You might be asking why did I post this.....???

Matthew ch. 6 (KJV)
19 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 - But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 - For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No matter how much money you have in the bank.... How many people you know... What you own.... Where you've been.... Your social status.... it will fade away.

There is nothing wrong with having nice material possessions or being high on the social ladder. I have several "toys" (hot tub, 4 wheeler, ps3, iPads, tv's... plus all the wife's designer purses and shoes) not to mention all the sporting goods and guns I have... I could open up my own store.

But one day down the road, all of that will be no more. The moment your life ends on this Earth, all of the materialistic possessions you had will meaning nothing. The only thing..... I'll say that again, The Only Thing That Will Matter after you die will be if you knew Jesus as your Saviour.

Had to re-do.. make sure the Red words are correct. Those are pretty important.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2 Corinthians ch. 4 (KJV)
18 - While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

This verse has two excellent meanings.

The passage in Blue means... If you can physically see it with your human eyes, then it is temporary.

The passage in Red means... f you can not physically see it with your human eyes, then it is eternal.

Hebrews ch. 11
11 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

It should be Hebrews ch. 11, verse 1. Not verse 11.
Wanted to make the correction.

Also see the thread titled with the same name.