Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is the fastest player in the moutains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would think it would be close with the Zach Mills from Whitley and Treyvong Long from Harlan County.
Cam Cheuvront from Somerset won the Class A State Championship in the 100 this past spring. I'd put him up against anyone in the mountains.
Cody Estep - Pikeville - Even faster in 2013
Look at 100 meter times IMO. Pretty sure the kid from Somerset is the fastest.
Kody Thornsberry from Morgan county. 4.5 40 yard dash at Gtown camp.
Mills just may the fastest player on and off the football field to ever wear a Whitley jersey before his career is over.
And that puts him ahead of some really fast guys.
The Long kid at Harlan County is a special talent. He is fun to watch. His quickness is impressive but his top end break away speed is exceptional. I watched the game on WYMT last year and came away impressed.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Look at 100 meter times IMO. Pretty sure the kid from Somerset is the fastest.

Agreed. A State Championship in the 100 doesn't leave much doubt.
Seth Napier will be for PCC. He will be running for his life after every snap.
Put Patrick in there from Williamsburg, Maybe Zac Sanders
What would bring curiosity to me is the difference kids in with and without pads. I can't speak for the kid from Somerset because I've never seen him run with or without pads but his record speaks for itself. Long runs well with pads. I think ther are probably 2-3 kids in the top, 3-4 after that and everybody else. I think long is certainly as good as 3-5.
Belfry has a few boys that are fast.. they won't be discussed in this thread because they aren't the fastest, but they'll hit ya!
Cole Wilson 4.5 Treyvon 4.5 Chitwood 4.6 Gist 4.7 Zach Wilson 4.7 Harlan County
I have a feeling all of Kentucky will know about Cole Wilson before its over. I know people get tired of us HC people talking, but I honestly believe this can be the best overall team we have had. I look for big things out of Bailey this year too. He is such a great kid that sometimes we overlook his ability but he is a gamer.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry has a few boys that are fast.. they won't be discussed in this thread because they aren't the fastest, but they'll hit ya!

That's good coaching, and that's what I like about Pikeville's Cody Estep. He's fast, no doubt about it, and may not be as fast as some mentioned on this thread, but he will knock the snot out of you while blocking downfield.
^ ask Boston Bryant if Cole Wilson hits...lol
Bear_Paw Wrote:I have a feeling all of Kentucky will know about Cole Wilson before its over. I know people get tired of us HC people talking, but I honestly believe this can be the best overall team we have had. I look for big things out of Bailey this year too. He is such a great kid that sometimes we overlook his ability but he is a gamer.

Scotty has heart you can't teach that! I'm excited over this team as well and Cole's speed is a big reason for that! Plus I hear he's got some high top cleats now!
I saw Wilson break loose against Tates Creek last year on ihigh and I knew then he had a motor.

As a Belfry fan, I worry about the speed guys from both Somerset and Harlan Co. early in the year. I don't think Belfry has any kids at the top end with those guys. The good news is, they will have a LOT of fast guys. Team speed should be good across the board.

What about that running back from Clay Co.? He looked very fast and talented for that matter in highlights last year.
If the kid from Somerset won the state championship in the 100 then that pretty much ends this thread for me. End of discussion!
lunaticfringe Wrote:If the kid from Somerset won the state championship in the 100 then that pretty much ends this thread for me. End of discussion!

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
PaytoPlay Wrote:I saw Wilson break loose against Tates Creek last year on ihigh and I knew then he had a motor.

As a Belfry fan, I worry about the speed guys from both Somerset and Harlan Co. early in the year. I don't think Belfry has any kids at the top end with those guys. The good news is, they will have a LOT of fast guys. Team speed should be good across the board.

What about that running back from Clay Co.? He looked very fast and talented for that matter in highlights last year.

Sam Carr, he can flat out fly. Has to be up there. I don't know about top 1-3 but he's there. I believe he ran like a 4.7 on a snowy day at a combine. He's definitely faster than that though.