Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville's Ray Kasongo taking visits to UNC, NC State, LSU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Adam Zagoria, 2014 3-Star Canadian Power Forward Ray Kasongo will be visiting NC State on June 21st.

Quote:Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
2014 F @RayKasongo32 will take unofficials to UNC June 20, NC State June 21 and LUS June 25, source tells @SNYtv. http://zagsblog.com/articles/canadian-ray-kasongo-hoping-move-will-help-visibility/ …
3:18 PM - 10 Jun 2013

[Image: proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBhhuaHR0cDovL2kyLndwLmNv...RMs9_fJ3BI]

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria 2 Retweets 1 favorite
Kasongo is from Canada, but has played the past two seasons in Eastern Kentucky, and played last season at Pikeville High School.

UCLA, Kentucky, Arizona, USC, NC State, California, Stanford,DePaul, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Ohio State and Wright State have expressed interest. Out of those schools, NC State, Arizona, DePaul, UCLA, and USC have offered.

Kasongo is a raw athletic specimen, and his coaches believe that if he puts it all together, a college could be in store for something special.
[INDENT]
Quote: “Ray just needs to buckle down, he’s now realizing that he can’t just rely on his freakish athleticism and big body to get to the level he wants to get to,” Williams said. “He’s realizing the work that people who are at his talent level put in to reach their dreams of playing D-1 basketball, but athletically, the sky is the limit for this kid.”
[INDENT]He added: “Ray runs the floor extremely well for a kid his size, good rebounder and so strong…he would be very hard to handle at the small forward or power forward, but I do think he does have some work to put in to become a good 3 or 4 at the next level”.(Pikeville Head Coach Bart Williams)
[/INDENT]
Next season Kasongo will be playing for St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy in Delafield, Wisconsin. Here is what St. John’s assistant coach Brian Clayton had to say about Kasongo.
[/INDENT][INDENT]“Wow,” he said in reference to Kasongo’s enormous upside and natural athleticism. “Honestly, Ray Kasongo is just a physical specimen,” Clayton said, adding “we expect him to continue to have that athletic edge over guys. Our goal is to prepare him the best we can, we have a spot for him definitely”. (ZagsBlog)
[/INDENT]Back in September, Kasongo included NC State along with DePaul, Arizona, USC, and UCLA, which happen to be the five school who have offered him. As interest increases, and offers continue to come in, it will be interesting to see if this list is altered.

[YOUTUBE="Ray Kasongo 15th Region All "A" Classic Championship Game"]BQFaKo4T-l4[/YOUTUBE]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2013-06-12-at-10.22.58-AM-335x400.png]

http://packinsider.com/2013/06/canada-st...pack-soon/
I thought he was still at Pikeville. I didn't know he had moved. When did this happen?
^
He signed with Jay-Z.
It was either Northwestern military academy or Perry Central Confusednicker:
He graduated.
Graduated with Honor's from Pikeville?:eyeroll:
This is awesome!!
Good player,hope it works out for him, going to take a lot of hard work.
Awesome. I only got to watch Ray play twice while at Pikeville. He has talent, I'm glad he has to opportunity to keep playing at a high level these schools if he ends up at one. My question is, it is July and still taking visits when does he plan on making a decision?
Big Don Wrote:Graduated with Honor's from Pikeville?:eyeroll:
Unlikely. But you can be sure even one year at Pikeville did him better than a year just about anywhere else academically. At least in Pike county.
Confusednicker:
Big Don Wrote:Graduated with Honor's from Pikeville?:eyeroll:

No capital H, no apostrophe. You would have learned that early on at Pikeville.:dontthink
1-3-1-press Wrote:Awesome. I only got to watch Ray play twice while at Pikeville. He has talent, I'm glad he has to opportunity to keep playing at a high level these schools if he ends up at one. My question is, it is July and still taking visits when does he plan on making a decision?
if all goes according to plan, he will not enroll at a 4-year school until next fall.

Prep school for a year to get academics lined out and continue to work on his game.
Ray had a nice showing last week at the Reebok Classic front under several top notch D1 coaches.