Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: here we go again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe the next investigation the House Republicans are going to start is why did Obama not use the bathroom at a certain time this is the same thing they did to slick willy when he was president they had better be careful the people will vote them out in 2014 they are getting tired of this

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/...latestnews
so it's OK for the President to suspend an act of congress?
nky Wrote:so it's OK for the President to suspend an act of congress?

yes he has that power he is the only person that is elected by the majority of all the people
vector Wrote:yes he has that power he is the only person that is elected by the majority of all the people

The idea of our nation having the three branches of government is that the congress is to have the trump card in case we get a liberal buffoon in the captain's chair or some other unthinkable calamity. We have 435 members of the House and 100 Senators, all of them duly elected by the people as well. Now, maybe some obscure and shadowy figure whose personal history is a protected national secret. And as Harry Rex has mentioned, had about as many qualifiers to become POTUS as your neighborhood scout master, can match his considerable lack of understanding against the combined wisdom of the legislators and the Supreme Court. But, I have serious reservations of that likelihood just to put it mildly, in light of the results of his tenure to date.
Vector!!!

A faux news link???

:yikes::yikes:
vector Wrote:yes he has that power he is the only person that is elected by the majority of all the people
actually majority of the Electoral College. You and Al Gore should know thatConfusednicker:
So, Obama has the power to refuse to enforce any law that he pleases. Does he also have the right to order House members to adjourn and go home until they see things his way? What about calling early elections for the House of Representatives? Does he have that right as well?

In your scholarly opinion, is there any part of the U.S. Constitution that limits Obama's power, based on the undeniable fact that he won more votes than any other elected official did in 2012?
Both sides of the isle should be concerned when the president suspends any part of a law that Congress had passed and he signed into law. It just seems fishy with an election coming up
nky Wrote:Both sides of the isle should be concerned when the president suspends any part of a law that Congress had passed and he signed into law. It just seems fishy with an election coming up
Liberals need a demon to run against in order to win elections. They will spend a fortune blaming Republicans for Obama's decision to violate the law that he personally championed and signed into law. It's a lie, but that has never stopped them before.
Bush could have never gotten by with what Obama pulls every day. The difference? First, the media has its collective head stuck up Obama's rear end and covers for everything he does. Second, the great majority of the populace of this country is made up of dullards more interested in the Kardashian sisters and similar brainless pursuits. And, third, the Republicans are a bunch of pansies.

The only two Republicans that I have any a high degree of faith in are Trey Gowdy of South Carolina and Jim Jordan of Ohio.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Bush could have never gotten by with what Obama pulls every day. The difference? First, the media has its collective head stuck up Obama's rear end and covers for everything he does. Second, the great majority of the populace of this country is made up of dullards more interested in the Kardashian sisters and similar brainless pursuits. And, third, the Republicans are a bunch of pansies.

The only two Republicans that I have any a high degree of faith in are Trey Gowdy of South Carolina and Jim Jordan of Ohio.
I agree, except I would add at least two names to those of Gowdy and Jordan. I have always been impressed with Jeff Sessions and I absolutely love the fact that there is so much bipartisan hatred already for Ted Cruz. His use of facts and charts reminds me of Ross Perot before he went off the deep end in his campaign. He is the most effective communicator the Republicans have had since Ronald Reagan, IMO.
Granny Bear Wrote:Vector!!!

A faux news link???

:yikes::yikes:

well to you people it's like the king james bible
Who people? You'll get yourself fired from Food Network typing like that
nky Wrote:Both sides of the isle should be concerned when the president suspends any part of a law that Congress had passed and he signed into law. It just seems fishy with an election coming up

For sure. To understate the connotation of fishy to no small degree. :biggrin:
You guys were crying about the ACA being implemented, now you are crying because it isn't. Make up your mind.
TheRealVille Wrote:You guys were crying about the ACA being implemented, now you are crying because it isn't. Make up your mind.
The bill was passed. Obama signed it into law. Do you believe that he has the legal right not to enforce it, as he has done with other federal laws? Or should he honor his oath and constitutional duty?
TheRealVille Wrote:You guys were crying about the ACA being implemented, now you are crying because it isn't. Make up your mind.

The fact that the ACA cannot get off the ground is the result of being the amateur hour legislation that it is, --- is. And IMO has nothing to do with your hero being gracious with anybody. I can't speak for the others on here but I can tell you with certainty, you missed the target again. My problem is that this is an obvious effort to dodge the predicted voter response once the ACA is fully implemented along with the associated oppressive mandates in question.

He needs the senate and the house back in the dems' fold if at all possible to prosecute his agenda in the steamroller fashion to which he has become accustomed. That's why they delayed implementation of the employer mandate. I don't think they give a tinkerer's 'fudge' how bad it hurts small business bank accounts. When these twin towers of government oppression are brought to bear on employers and employees, this mother of bad legislation will be in deep touble. So, the last thing they want is for them both to kick in well prior to the midterms as they're scheduled to do.
I'm for anything to get republicans out of office. Like some of you here have said, paraphrased, " legal, or otherwise".
This move helps Republicans more than it hurts
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm for anything to get republicans out of office. Like some of you here have said, paraphrased, " legal, or otherwise".
There is little doubt in my mind that you would support an Obama dictatorship.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is little doubt in my mind that you would support an Obama dictatorship.
Some of "your guys" here are the ones that said republicans should do anything, "legal or otherwise", to get democrats out of office. But, if it will keep a democrat out, I'd vote for a 3rd Obama term, if given the chance.
TheRealVille Wrote:Some of "your guys" here are the ones that said republicans should do anything, "legal or otherwise", to get democrats out of office. But, if it will keep a democrat out, I'd vote for a 3rd Obama term, if given the chance.
Show me where I advocated Republicans committing illegal acts to get Obama out of office. I don't have any "guys." Civics is not a team sport to me. That is why I have no problem sharply criticizing Republicans who I believe are betraying their constituents.

I didn't say that you would vote for a third Obama term, which would be illegal - I know that you would do so. I said that you would support an Obama dictatorship. When you support an elected official repeatedly breaking the law, that is exactly what you and your ilk are inviting.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Show me where I advocated Republicans committing illegal acts to get Obama out of office. I don't have any "guys." Civics is not a team sport to me. That is why I have no problem sharply criticizing Republicans who I believe are betraying their constituents.

I didn't say that you would vote for a third Obama term, which would be illegal - I know that you would do so. I said that you would support an Obama dictatorship. When you support an elected official repeatedly breaking the law, that is exactly what you and your ilk are inviting.

I'd like to see the post where a republican supporter posted the words "legal or otherwise"
TheRealThing Wrote:I'd like to see the post where a republican supporter posted the words "legal or otherwise"
Scroll through yours or HRV''s posts. Paraphrased.
TheRealVille Wrote:Scroll through yours or HRV''s posts. Paraphrased.
It's your allegation. Back it up or take it back.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It's your allegation. Back it up or take it back.
The guilty one knows who they are, they don't need my help. BTW, you aren't the one that makes the rules, so :rage::gtfo:
TheRealVille Wrote:The guilty one knows who they are, they don't need my help. BTW, you aren't the one that makes the rules, so :rage::gtfo:
If you can't back up your claim, then everybody will just assume that you are lying again. No big deal. We are used to it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Scroll through yours or HRV''s posts. Paraphrased.

OK well, I'd say Harry Rex can take that one on for himself.