Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rebuilding Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What traditonally good teams are set to have a down year this year?
And surprises from teams that are suppose to be down?

Thoughts?
I think Danville is in for a transition year this season but they may surprise us all.
Russell will have a rebuilding year. Not to say they won't surprise some people but the bulk of the players will be sophs and juniors.
Rebuilding: Breathitt County- Bobcats lost their Superman in Trent and their best Defensive player in Shouse. Not only is the roster rebuilding, but so is the coaching staff in the wake of Holcomb leaving and administrative drama.

Surprise: Mason County- The Royals have been down a few years now but return their RB, QB, top three WR's, and their defensive play makers with the exception of the Lofton kid. A lighter schedule sans Lafayette and Highlands makes me think Mason has a legit chance at 9-1 or 10-0.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Rebuilding: Breathitt County- Bobcats lost their Superman in Trent and their best Defensive player in Shouse. Not only is the roster rebuilding, but so is the coaching staff in the wake of Holcomb leaving and administrative drama.

Surprise: Mason County- The Royals have been down a few years now but return their RB, QB, top three WR's, and their defensive play makers with the exception of the Lofton kid. A lighter schedule sans Lafayette and Highlands makes me think Mason has a legit chance at 9-1 or 10-0.

I can agree with this.

I also think Bath County and Western Hills will have rebuilding years. Western Hills lost 10 players from last year and 6 of those were WR's, 1 RB, the rest were on the line. Bath County lost 18 from last year. 2 QB's (Kissick, Ray), 4 RB's (Bradley, Tim Robinson, Romans, Walters), 6 OL (Abrams--C, Brawl, Simpkins, Skaggs, Villani, Williams), 1 WB (Dailey), 3 WR's (Castle, Dickerson, Little), 2 TE's (Hamm, Snedegar)
Ryle, Boone and Campbell County are in the rebuilding stages.
Strikeout King Wrote:I can agree with this.

I also think Bath County and Western Hills will have rebuilding years. Western Hills lost 10 players from last year and 6 of those were WR's, 1 RB, the rest were on the line. Bath County lost 18 from last year. 2 QB's (Kissick, Ray), 4 RB's (Bradley, Tim Robinson, Romans, Walters), 6 OL (Abrams--C, Brawl, Simpkins, Skaggs, Villani, Williams), 1 WB (Dailey), 3 WR's (Castle, Dickerson, Little), 2 TE's (Hamm, Snedegar)

I thought last year was a rebuilding year for Western Hills?? They went 1-9 with their only win coming against Estill Co and all their losses were blowouts.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I thought last year was a rebuilding year for Western Hills?? They went 1-9 with their only win coming against Estill Co and all their losses were blowouts.

It was but they still lost several players from last year's team. They maybe better than last year but I do believe it will still be a rebuilding year
Strikeout King Wrote:It was but they still lost several players from last year's team. They maybe better than last year but I do believe it will still be a rebuilding year

Yeah, have to see how they do in district play because I can just about guarantee that they won't win any of their non-district games.
Strikeout King Wrote:I can agree with this.

SOK you must be reading the Bath Co roster down the list. Some haven't played those positions in some time. Some did not play much at all last season. You wont see any stats on them. BC lost some players not but near what is thought. I hope they are considered a "rebuilder" this season by their opponents.....
DevilWatcher Wrote:Russell will have a rebuilding year. Not to say they won't surprise some people but the bulk of the players will be sophs and juniors.

Russells be rebuilding for the last six years. They haven't beaten one quality team that I can remember. They've lost far to many games they should have won. And they haven't been competitive against good teams, not great ones, just good ones. They keep trying to rebuild from the bottom up, I believe Russells going have to go from the top down.
Bell County will be rebuilding a whole lot for the next season!
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:SOK you must be reading the Bath Co roster down the list. Some haven't played those positions in some time. Some did not play much at all last season. You wont see any stats on them. BC lost some players not but near what is thought. I hope they are considered a "rebuilder" this season by their opponents.....

Jordan Abrams ©...11 games...3 tackles

Griffin Bradley (RB)...11 games...3 rush yards...2 fumble recoveries, 69 tackles

Dallas Brawl (OL/DL)...11 games...9 tackles

Jared Castle (WR/DB)...11 games...470 rush yards, 198 receiving yards...2 rush TD's, 1 receiving TD...1 INT, 1 fumble recovery, 41 tackles...22 points scored last year

Nathan Dailey (WB/CB)....5 games...12 tackles

Gary Dickerson (WR/DB)...10 games...2 rush yards, 4 tackles....6 points scored last year last year

Chase Hamm (TE/LB)...11 games...475 receiving yards...3 TD's...3 INT's, 2 fumble recoveries, 127 tackles....22 points scored last year

Clark Kissick (QB)...11 games...181 rush yards, 1,689 pass yards, 17 pass TD's, 5 rush TD's, 4 tackles...32 points scored last year

Jason Little (WR/DB)...11 games...423 receiving yards, 8 TD's, 3 INT's, 71 tackles, 48 points scored last year

Collin Ray (QB/LB)...11 games...3 receiving yards, 85 tackles

Timothy Robinson (RB/LB)...11 games...869 rush yards, 12 rush TD's, 113 receiving yards, 2 receiving TD's, 1 INT, 49 tackles, 94 points scored last year

Zakkary Romans (RB/LB)...11 games...5 rush yards, 60 tackles

Michael Simpkins (OL/DL)..11 games...1 tackle

Bradley Skaggs (OL/DL)..1 games...

Joseph Snedegar (TE/LB)...9 games...3 rush yards, 2 tackles

Devin Villani (OL/DL)...2 games...1 tackle

Travis Walters (RB/S)...11 games...79 rush yards, 53 tackles

Daniel Williams (OL/DL)..11 games..1 fumble recovery...69 tackles...

These are your all's stats from last year...The only 2 significant player you all return on offense is Shrout who had 640 rush yards with 10 TD's scored rushing and Caden Messer...both combined to score 100 points...This will be a rebuilding year for bath...Anyone who looks at those stats can see that...

That's a total of 4,513 combined yardage that you all lost (added all the yardage up from the players and not the stats on KHSAA)...Add the two stats (Rushing and Passing) for Bath and it comes up to 4,192 total yards...That's also 202 total points that Bath loses and 47 combine TD's and you don't think this will be a re-building year for Bath? Anyone can see it will.

Not taking anything away from Bath County, they were awesome last year but they won't have that same type team this year..they may have a winning record and maybe go to the playoffs but they won't be near the team they were last year if some how they are, I will be stunned
Here I the thing about rebuilding years. Sometimes after a kid graduates and the next kid gets his shot he exceeds what was done by his predecessor.
Last year was the low point of rebuilding for Corbin. They showed flashes despite being very young at key positions. This year, they may not be fully to their potential but you should see marked improvement.

The line may be a question early on but the skill positions should be pretty solid across the board. With the skill players they have, I would think you will see them spread it out this fall. I don't necessarily think it will be a spread passing game but more of a mix of some passes and outside runs, sweeps, option, misdirection, etc. Basically, it won't be the traditional Corbin power football.

Having said that, whether people agree or disagree with the staff (that seems to be a trend), we can't deny that Jewell coached teams always seem to develop a pretty solid line towards the end of the year. The kids up front may not always pass the eye test but they're always deceptively strong and are fundamentally skilled. You have to tip your hat to the strength program and teaching.
I think alot of Eastern Ky teams will have a rebuilding year--Bell, Knox, Whitley, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Perry Central, and Russell Co just to name a few. I also think this may be one of the most exciting seasons in the past decade. I think some traditionally lower tier teams will have a chance to beat some traditionally upper tier teams this year and get the win of a lifetime for their school. I know Highlands, Bowling Green, and Trinity will be favored to pass out more rings, but the district and regional tournaments should be a blast to watch. Look for teams like North Laurel, Madison Southern, Somerset and Wayne Co to have the best seasons in a long time for their schools. Who knows, Wayne could fly a banner and pass out rings if they have an injury free season. You never know until the kickoff comes what it will bring.