Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Teams you are so sick of hearing about.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll start....

I know some of you feel the way I do about some of the teams that get so much hype on here.

I'll start......JBS. They simply haven't earned my respect yet......yet constantly they get a lot of face time here. Just so I don't seemed biased......

I will even say that SF doesn't deserve any hype on here for this upcoming year as well.....they're young and unproven....however SF has built a tradition over the years and the program along with the staff deserve credit......show me what JBS has done with the exception of last year to merit any reason that they are so worthy of gab.
No body is after YOUR respect. You have no respect for a small school that has done well . You are simply a bigot who runs down young boys. Really, nobody cares how you feel. If you are tired of reading about them, don;t read the paper, don't watch the news, and don't read about them on here. That should solve your problem. How would you like to have two or three of their boys on what ever team you support??
tubthumper Wrote:I'll start....I know some of you feel the way I do about some of the teams that get so much hype on here. I'll start......JBS.
They simply haven't earned my respect yet......yet constantly they get a lot of face time here. Just so I don't seemed biased......I will even say that SF doesn't deserve any hype on here for this upcoming year as well.....they're young and unproven....however SF has built a tradition over the years and the program along with the staff deserve credit......show me what JBS has done with the exception of last year to merit any reason that they are so worthy of gab.
Who cares! I think South Floyd's sports teams' as a whole get over-hyped on this site more than anyone.
tubthumper Wrote:I'll start....I know some of you feel the way I do about some of the teams that get so much hype on here. I'll start......JBS.
They simply haven't earned my respect yet......yet constantly they get a lot of face time here. Just so I don't seemed biased......I will even say that SF doesn't deserve any hype on here for this upcoming year as well.....they're young and unproven....however SF has built a tradition over the years and the program along with the staff deserve credit......show me what JBS has done with the exception of last year to merit any reason that they are so worthy of gab.
I'll start by saying I respect your opinion and you are welcome to it.
However, It's a fan site....the more the merrier.
It's my hope that EVERY team gets a lot of "face time" on here.
If you don't have "respect" for a team that has a thread or is getting a lot of "gab" then simply pass on by the thread and don't read it or post in it.

This site exists for ALL fans of ALL teams, if a particular team is getting a lot of publicity it is because their supporters are more active than others.
The only team I getting tired of hearing about is Paintsville they have the most talent in the region and the players are always into it with each other there own fans dont even know what to expect on game night ! There whole basketball team is a bunch of stuck up boys that play basketball! They have to many do-it-all players and they want the spotlight, and another bad thing is that about 80% of everyone on this website knows Paintsville's whole roster cause they here about every player every week! I have nothing against the school or the players but they need to get along better cause they have the best team in the region best coach in the region! I think this team could maybe even win state but untill they start getting along and quit letting everyone speak for them there still gonna be sitting right there in paintsville during the Sweet 16 saying to themselves what if ?
fox sports Wrote:I'll start by saying I respect your opinion and you are welcome to it.
If you don't have "respect" for a team that has a thread or is getting a lot of "gab" then simply pass on by the thread and don't read it or post in it.

This site exists for ALL fans of ALL teams, if a particular team is getting a lot of publicity it is because their supporters are more active than others.
:thumpsup:
Personally I'm not sick of hearing about any school, I like hearing as much information as possible about any school. that what this site if for, sometimes people over hype teams but usually when this happens I can easily catch on to it. I also dont like fake people and post but as far as hearing about teams and their players I don't mind. the more info. the more I learn about each team, I can tell which post are legit anyway, but thats just me.
There's no harm in a little hype for any basketball team. Fans love their teams, and if they are a member of this site they're going to give their team as much positive info/opinions as possible. I'm sure JBS's fans are pumped, and they should be. They're a small school who has a very good team, and it's difficult for small schools to consistently come up with a contender. After this bunch graduates it may be a while before they're back in the limelight. Let them enjoy the moment while it lasts.
I don't see a problem of anyone getting on this site and bragging a little on their home school. JBS had a very good season last year and of course they have the optimism that this could be their big year in winning a regional crown. Honestly how many of our teams from the eastern section of our state get very much recognition? The Lexington Herald gives minimal coverage as does the Courier Journal. Let the kids or adults brag on their teams and the more that do good for them. That was what we are set up for on here in my opinion. How many times can we read about the happenings on the court and hear about names that are never mentioned in the papers as they are on here. I enjoy some of the things that are said about my schools team on here and from what I can find out they may struggle this year and I had no clue. I hope that every team has fans and players that are proud of their team and school and will take every opportunity to say they are the best. It's all about the kids.
Pikeville, Shelly Valley, & Johnson County.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Pukeville, Shelly Valley, & Johnson County.

Johnson County or Johnson Central?
ERblue4ever Wrote:Pukeville, Shelly Valley, & Johnson County.

Their school is called Pikeville.
This site is set up so that you can talk about sports, along with talkin about sports everyone has a favorite team, with that said i agree with wyatt earp let those who find it neseccary to brag have thier opinion, but in the same since i dont agree with braggin on a team thats hasnt done anything or isnt goin to do anything to much. it just gets old..........south floyd is hyped up more than anyone else on this site by alot of people that have no idea what they are talkin about in my opion. if your goin to brag atleast get the facts or brag on somthin you have already accomplished, not somthin that more than likely isnt goin to happen
i agree lumberjack but SF has accomplished a lot...but are you saying that they couldn't accomplish winning a few more championships?...i think the 58th district is wide open and even though SF is the young pups in the district don't mean that they can't pull it out....IMO they have just as a good shot as any of the other teams in the 58th.
JBS......LCC.........and PIKEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ChairHit:
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Their school is called Pikeville.
I fixed it.
pikeville
I think the team I am most sick of hearing about is the "East Kentucky Lightning" team. This forum is about high school and middle school teams. I didnt see AAU teams anywhere in the forum title. But somehow they manage to get in every thread listed on this site.
Personally I am sick and tired of hearing people bash these high school kids...because of jealousy or some stupid reason like that..People grow up!!!
All of them, its football season, the most wonderful time of the year!!!
I like all the mountain teams. Positive talk please!!!
fox sports Wrote:I'll start by saying I respect your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Well said fox sports. If you don't want to hear about "someone" or a "team" don't go to the thread. simple
In that Case..PIKEVILLE
[QUOTE]
Statistician

Posts per day: 0.73

No body is after YOUR respect. You have no respect for a small school that has done well . You are simply a bigot who runs down young boys. Really, nobody cares how you feel. If you are tired of reading about them, don;t read the paper, don't watch the news, and don't read about them on here. That should solve your problem. How would you like to have two or three of their boys on what ever team you support??

First of all it's biggot not bigot........JBS has had one good season......that's fact not fiction...look it up
And to say that "everyone" is talking about them or that they are in all the papers is a stretch.......the only place you find them being hyped is on here so yes...you were correct about that.....I am not biased against small schools, all I am doing is voicing my opinion....even if nobody agrees with it........ JBS is not now or ever will be a powerhouse......In my opinion they are still a homecoming game....... Once again without being rude or insulting I ask.......somebody tell me what they have done to deserve so much blah blah blah.....I am not being mean or running down kids...I'm just asking that one simple question......Let me take the diplomatic route since I have ruffled some feathers....geez o pete.........I just have one summation....."If God looked at me and said.....for the sake of the world pick one team you think you could beat in the 14th region home or away, I without any pause or split second to think, would certainly say JBS" If that offends or riles anybody up I'm sorry....that's just my two cents.......
I'm personally sick of hearing about all the stuff that goes on within the Paintsville program...who's fighting with who..who's switching schools.. i mean come on.
[QUOTE=tubthumper][QUOTE]
Statistician

Posts per day: 0.73

First of all it's biggot not bigot........JBS has had one good season......that's fact not fiction...look it up
And to say that "everyone" is talking about them or that they are in all the papers is a stretch.......the only place you find them being hyped is on here so yes...you were correct about that.....I am not biased against small schools, all I am doing is voicing my opinion....even if nobody agrees with it........ JBS is not now or ever will be a powerhouse......In my opinion they are still a homecoming game....... Once again without being rude or insulting I ask.......somebody tell me what they have done to deserve so much blah blah blah.....I am not being mean or running down kids...I'm just asking that one simple question......Let me take the diplomatic route since I have ruffled some feathers....geez o pete.........I just have one summation....."If God looked at me and said.....for the sake of the world pick one team you think you could beat in the 14th region home or away, I without any pause or split second to think, would certainly say JBS" If that offends or riles anybody up I'm sorry....that's just my two cents.......[/QUOTE]
I'm not sick of hearing of anyone in particular. But it seems those guys in the 59th have alot to say about nothing...
" tubthumper" what is that? He must know 2 cents is not worth much.
Someone should make a thread on which teams who we hear about the least on here... that would be pretty interesting now wouldnt it?
3 points Wrote:" tubthumper" what is that? He must know 2 cents is not worth much.

3 points...... is that the easy way by standing behind a line, or the old fashoned way by banging your way to the goal?
Pages: 1 2