Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pirates...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have the best record in baseball and are on an 8 game win streak.

Congrats to the Pirates! :Thumbs:
Its June...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its June...

Sure it is,I'm just sharing a proverbial pat on the back up till now. C'mon Gut an attaboy every now and then is good for everyone Confusednicker:.
After 20+ losing seasons, I'll give them props now. But I hope they fall face-first into the turf after the all-star game. It is Pittsburgh.........
Not this year. The Buccos have something they have lacked the past couple of years when they fell flat....a bullpen.
No fade this year. Bucs are 52-31 and theyve done this with three starters on the DL half the season. This team had big weaknesses at SS (not anymore, Jordy Mercer is going to be a star), catcher (I wouldnt trade Russell Wilson for anybody in baseball), and bullpen (its the best in baseball). There's going to be some sad faces when this season is over and the Bucs are looking down at Cincinnati in the standings. And the fun part? The Pirates are going to be really good for a really, really long time. The Central just got fun.
Spirit100 Wrote:Sure it is,I'm just sharing a proverbial pat on the back up till now. C'mon Gut an attaboy every now and then is good for everyone Confusednicker:.

Not for Pirates, Bungles, WV, and Lville fans lol.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No fade this year. Bucs are 52-31 and theyve done this with three starters on the DL half the season. This team had big weaknesses at SS (not anymore, Jordy Mercer is going to be a star), catcher (I wouldnt trade Russell Wilson for anybody in baseball), and bullpen (its the best in baseball). There's going to be some sad faces when this season is over and the Bucs are looking down at Cincinnati in the standings. And the fun part? The Pirates are going to be really good for a really, really long time. The Central just got fun.

I hope so, a three horse race is always more fun than two. A lot of baseball left to be played and looking forward to an exciting finish for the Reds, Cards, and Bucs.

GO REDLEGGERS!
Cubs defeated the Pirates today 4-1....Series split tomorrow at 2:20 PM!!!

GO CUBBIES Smile Big Grin
Cubbies take 2 of 3 from the Pirates Smile Big Grin Smile Big Grin Smile Big Grin ....... Cubs win game 3 4-3 in 11 innings!!!!! Every NL Central Team was cheering for those Cubbies Smile
Going to the Reds-Pirates tomorrow...going to be a good'in!
Reds are fading and Pirates are in the catbird seat. It's August Gut and it appears this is a two horse race unless the Redleggers get off the schnide.

Enjoy Pirates and Cards fans!
^
Its the pirates....dont worry lol.
Reds go from 6 back to 3 back....still in the hunt. Amazing they have been able to hang on without Cueto and Marshall amongst other injuries they've dealt with.

Mid August and no Pirate collapse yet. This could be their year!
Spirit100 Wrote:Reds go from 6 back to 3 back....still in the hunt. Amazing they have been able to hang on without Cueto and Marshall amongst other injuries they've dealt with.

Mid August and no Pirate collapse yet. This could be their year!

Just shows the great job dusty has done winning games with the players he has had. Also remember Chris Heisey and Derek Robinson and Xavier Paul have been our starting left fielders. Great job managing by dusty keeping us in it till we are healthy. And an even better job by Walt Jocketty building the depth in this organization. Where would we have been without guys like Robinson,cingrani,Paul,and mike leake this season.