Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any info on the games on the Pikeville HS Grid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any information about the Grid that took place last night (8/11) at Pikeville HS. Any scores or stats from the Frankfort vs. Paintsville and Pikeville vs. Raceland game?
PHSCARD Wrote:Does anyone have any information about the Grid that took place last night (8/11) at Pikeville HS. Any scores or stats from the Frankfort vs. Paintsville and Pikeville vs. Raceland game?
It was more like a round robin type deal.
Paintsville started with a 40 minute goal line scrimmage against Raceland, and looked very well. Then they played a 40 minute game type scrimmage against Frankfort and moved the ball well but could not put it in the endzone. Then after a 10 minute break, they did another goal line scrimmage against Frankfort, followed with another game type scrimmage against Raceland. With only around 16 kids getting the bulk of the playing time....they were absolutely killed after this. All teams showed some bright spots and weaknesses, but Frankfort, with their speed, was the most dominate team.
Paintsville looked horrible. Gonna be a long year for the tigers!
I've never been very concerned about a team that looks good or bad in a scrimmage...it's only a glorified practice.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know if they were going to do something like that or not. Well glad to see they faired alright, Frankfort is a Top 10 team in Class A...no one said they were going to be world beaters and a dominant team right off the bat...give it time and they will be alright
How did Pikeville look?
PHSCARD Wrote:Thanks for the info, I didn't know if they were going to do something like that or not. Well glad to see they faired alright, Frankfort is a Top 10 team in Class A...no one said they were going to be world beaters and a dominant team right off the bat...give it time and they will be alright

Like the Guru said, Paintsville was worn by the time the actual scrimmage games came around. Paintsville lost guard Bucky Bailey, and center J.J. Hensley early on during the scrimmage. Paintsville playing with a lot of inexperience and little stamina did look rough at the end of the scrimmages. Early on the defense looked stout, and the offense struggled up front but I'll give them time before calling them horrible. Let em' talk bad about the Tigers I kind of like it, only thing you can do is prove them wrong or meet their expectations. From the looks of his six posts, he may have some wishful thinking.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Like the Guru said, Paintsville was worn by the time the actual scrimmage games came around. Paintsville lost guard Bucky Bailey, and center J.J. Hensley early on during the scrimmage. Paintsville playing with a lot of inexperience and little stamina did look rough at the end of the scrimmages. Early on the defense looked stout, and the offense struggled up front but I'll give them time before calling them horrible. Let em' talk bad about the Tigers I kind of like it, only thing you can do is prove them wrong or meet their expectations. From the looks of his six posts, he may have some wishful thinking.
I agree!!
I haven't read anything that Irish has said other than that one post. If his six posts have been nothing but dogging the tigers, its got to be wishful thinking or he wouldn't bring them up so much and dog them all the time. Like I said, let the pads do the talking and in time whether it be tomorrow, next week, or a couple of weeks down the road, they will be just fine and in the mix of things as always.
PHSCARD Wrote:I haven't read anything that Irish has said other than that one post. If his six posts have been nothing but dogging the tigers, its got to be wishful thinking or he wouldn't bring them up so much and dog them all the time. Like I said, let the pads do the talking and in time whether it be tomorrow, next week, or a couple of weeks down the road, they will be just fine and in the mix of things as always.

Nope they're not all about doggin the Tigers but a lot are about supporting the Blackcats.
Yeah, heaven forbid that some other high school team has a football program....well if he wants to talk about what he thought he saw...maybe I should talk about how piss poor the blackcats looked saturday
PHSCARD Wrote:Yeah, heaven forbid that some other high school team has a football program....well if he wants to talk about what he thought he saw...maybe I should talk about how piss poor the blackcats looked saturday
Why don't we stay on topic??
This is the first time I have said anything about Paintsville. By the way, P-burg didnt look piss poor at all! Atleast they could put the ball in the endzone and keep the opponent from moving the ball.
I didnt mean anything biased against Paintsville. I was giving an honest opinion on what I saw. I only saw the scrimmage games against Frankfort and Raceland.
I'm pretty sure Paintsville can do the same, but Pburg had turnover after turnover, couldn't run the O, and looked like they didn't know how to tackle. Totally different team in their last scrimmage compared to what they did against LC and Powell.
Thats your opinion. P-burg will be ready to go when the 1st whissle is blown.