Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Apple Bowl 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As much talk as i've heard about Paintsville this up coming year, i'll be interested to know who will win the Apple Bowl... I think the Tigers will claw their way to victory, what are your thoughts??
Johnson Central will win, but not by as much. I'd say JC by two TD's.
Johnson Central will definitely be the favorite this season, they return a good Qb in Sean Music and Ron Blume in the backfield. Sean had a great game in last seasons apple bowl, and i would bet on him having another good one this year. Matney is a great coach, and its amazing how quick he turned central's program around. Their were several kids that didnt play for them last season because of the terrible seasons they had under Bill Tom Ross and from what i hear, most of those athletes will be lacing up their cleats for the golden eagles this season. If the Tigers stay healthy till the point of the apple bowl it will be a good game, if their not the score of the game will be around the same range it was last year with the eagles dominating.
Superman Wrote:Johnson Central will definitely be the favorite this season, they return a good Qb in Sean Music and Ron Blume in the backfield. Sean had a great game in last seasons apple bowl, and i would bet on him having another good one this year. Matney is a great coach, and its amazing how quick he turned central's program around. Their were several kids that didnt play for them last season because of the terrible seasons they had under Bill Tom Ross and from what i hear, most of those athletes will be lacing up their cleats for the golden eagles this season. If the Tigers stay healthy till the point of the apple bowl it will be a good game, if their not the score of the game will be around the same range it was last year with the eagles dominating.

LOL :roll:
I'm going to go with J/C on this one
i think that paintsville will pull it out in a tight one 20-26
Im going to with JC by a big margin.
LOL :roll:[/quote]

How hilarious that is, almost as hilarious as your post about one of your rituals :twisted:
No one knows for sure, we'll have to wait and see how each team starts out, maybe it'll give us a idea how the game will turn out, but if both teams are going to be as good as they're both talked about, then it should be a GREAT game
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:No one knows for sure, we'll have to wait and see how each team starts out, maybe it'll give us a idea how the game will turn out, but if both teams are going to be as good as they're both talked about, then it should be a GREAT game

I agree with this
Superman Wrote:LOL :roll:

Superman Wrote:How hilarious that is, almost as hilarious as your post about one of your rituals :twisted:

:wink: And which one would that be since you seem to know me so very well.
Paintsville doesn't have all that much team speed. If their offseason workout has helped them like everyone back in Paintsville has said then great. But if they have made small improvements to their overall game then what do you have? What you have is a HB that can find the hole, but can't run out of sight in a day. You have a QB with a noodle of an arm, and a playbook that is almost as easy to read as a young kids name on the inside of his under-roos. I'm going with JC by 4 TD's.
No chance JC will beat them by 4 TD's this year....
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:No chance JC will beat them by 4 TD's this year....

Several people said that last year also. Why would you claim something like that? Im kind of curious why you think that
Because,
last year Paintsville only had 1 senior, and they weren't really even good, this year they return many 4 and 3 year starters, it just won't happen this year, wait and see

they'll be a totally diffrent football team from last year
Jc will win easily this year in the Apple Bowl
Theres a real good chance they will win,
but i bet it won't be easy...
returning all but one starter on offense and defense paintsville will be good next year but ill take JC in a nailbiter
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:Because,
last year Paintsville only had 1 senior, and they weren't really even good, this year they return many 4 and 3 year starters, it just won't happen this year, wait and see

they'll be a totally diffrent football team from last year

You could be right, im not going to say your statements are wrong.. I hope your right to be honest, but Jim Matney will have the Eagles playing some tough football.
JC all the way
JC is gonna win
It's a lil too early to be predicting a score for this game, players could be injured and out for the game by the time this event rolls around, but I'll give my outlook anyways. I know Pville has alot returning, they won't have 21 starters returning like they should have because of reasons we wont discuss, but they do return a great core of players. JC returns a good heaping of their line-up, they did lose a couple key players, BUT, they got alot of kids that didn't play last year that should have been playing coming out this season, from what I have heard anyways. Paintsville has been working pretty hard in the weightroom, as is JC I would assume, those who aren't in the weightroom are wrestling so either way they are going the right route. This years Apple Bowl should be one to remember, I think we may see one of the greatest in Apple Bowl history in 2005.

Paintsville by 6
thumb4.gif
The way i look at it, theirs really no excuse for Johnson Central to lose to Paintsville. A large school like JC should be able to whip local class A teams, and that is common sense. Its sad to say, but Central has had a long line of terrible coaches, and now they have a coach that is a proven winner. As long as Matney is at Central, they will always be the favorite over Paintsville.
Lets compare here, JC is class 4A, paintsville is class 1A, and people are on here talking about paintsville winning this game, if i were from JC i would be ashamed if any 1A team in EKY had the slightest chance to win over a 4A team, from what i have read since JC got matney all they have done is brag about how good they were, the facts are that JC still hasnt made the playoff's in god knows how long, they had their first winning season in probably 5+ years, yea, i can understand a little hype, but there is no reason to brag about anything, cuz the reality of the situation is that u havent done anything yet, make the playoff's, maybe win a few district/regional titles, then you can brag all u want to, so my prediction is JC by 3 TD's, anything less would be a disgrace, however, i would love to see paintsville win this game, because i have alot more friends who went to paintsville than i did that went to JC, and it would bring everybody from JC back down to earth.
In my opnion Pikeville and Paintsville could give them a run for their money... but thats just my opnion lol

How many starters dose JC return this year?
That's what i'm tryin to say panther blitz, how many other 4A schools do u think pikeville and paintsville could beat? I dont understand this either, JC has always had good teams in middle school. The reason might be that they have almost double the enrollment of any other schools around here.
yes, true, they always have great middle school teams, im sure there are 2 or 3 more 4A teams that we could beat.....JC is dropping down from 4A to 3A, won't they be in Rockcastles region?
yeah yall talk about how good JC middle school football team is but last year middle didnt beat us (paintsville) and we play the JC middle the 20th and yall will see
Paintsville Will Win!!!! The Apple Bowl This Year And We Will Get The BEARELL
Pages: 1 2 3