Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fisherman Catches Octopus in Ohio River
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An Indiana man fishing on the Ohio river just across from Louisville made an unbelievable catch.

He reeled in a octopus. It measured six feet from one tentacle to the other.

A park ranger at the Falls of the Ohio State Park says it was dead, but only recently.

It's still not known how the octopus ended up in the river, but it's believed someone may have kept it as a pet then dumped it in the river.

The park ranger says it probably takes the prize for weirdest discovery at the falls.

http://wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5262351
Thats crazy, it had to of been a pet.
Nothing would surprise me coming out of the Ohio.
haha an octopus... wow thats a weird catch... lol
That's great.
It's like people dumping alligators and everything else they gets too big.
People need to have common sense to just call someone who can take it off their hands.
It's surprising that it wasn't eatin' by one the notorius BIG cats that reside in the Ohio! Those things will eat anything!
Having spent part of my youth in Ohio, that's one of the weirdist things I've seen or heard.
Now...if someone could just catch that alligator living in Fish Trap Dam..
thetribe Wrote:Now...if someone could just catch that alligator living in Fish Trap Dam..
We need to call Steve Irwin on this one....:Thumbs:
Welcome back BT. Hope everything is going good for ya now.
BurntTires Wrote:We need to call Steve Irwin on this one....:Thumbs:

I think that even he would be afraid to attempt it. Not because of the gator but because of everything ELSE in there.
A college student from Louisville says he's responsible for the dead octopus that was caught in a fishing net in the Ohio River earlier this week.
Zachary Treitz says that he threw the octopus in the river after using it for a film project. He says that he bought the octopus from a local seafood market and thought about eating it before putting it in the film.

http://14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=5266815
Well, mystery solved.