Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preason Mt. Top Ten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
just for fun, whats your Mt. top 10 look like, i am not sure what everybody has coming back,so i may be way off on mine, but i will try
1.Harlan County
1.Belfry------these 2 could go either way
3.JC
4.Bell
5.Somerset
6.Hazard
i will leave it there, like i said since i dont live there anymore,i dont know what ever body has coming back, maybe someone can fill in my blanks, or just make ur own..
It will not take long to find out which one is #1!!!
1 belfry
2 Harlan co
3 Knox central
4 JC
5 somerset
6 Williamsburg
7 bell
8 hazard
9 Whitley co
10 p c c

That would be to start the year but it will change real fast with the top few playing each in the first few weeks of season.
1. Harlan County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Bell County
5. Somerset
6. Knox Central
7. Pulaski County
8. Williamsburg
9. Hazard
10. Middlesboro
Norm Peterson Wrote:1. Harlan County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Bell County
5. Somerset
6. Knox Central
7. Pulaski County
8. Williamsburg
9. Hazard
10. Middlesboro
Pikeville has 3 of them on the schedule. :popcorn:
1. Harlan County

2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Bell County

5. Knox Central
6. Somerset
7. Pulaski County

8. Whitley County
9. Williamsburg

10. Perry Central
Nothing against Perry Central, but I don't see them in the top 10 at the start of the season. They lost about 90 percent of their offense to graduation with Pray and Robinson.
1. Harlan Co.
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Somerset
5. Knox Central
6. Bell Co.
7. Williamsburg
8. Pulaski Co.
9. Whitley Co.
10. Pikeville
HDE Wrote:Nothing against Perry Central, but I don't see them in the top 10 at the start of the season. They lost about 90 percent of their offense to graduation with Pray and Robinson.

Agreed.
Im not sure why Bell is so high on so many list as well.
We all know they have a good team every year, but this could be one of there most vulnerable years theyve had in a very long time.

1. Harlan County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Knox Central
5. Whitley County
6. Bell County
7. Pulaski County
8. Somerset
9. Williamsburg
10.Hazard
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Agreed.
Im not sure why Bell is so high on so many list as well.
We all know they have a good team every year, but this could be one of there most vulnerable years theyve had in a very long time.

1. Harlan County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Knox Central
5. Whitley County
6. Bell County
7. Pulaski County
8. Somerset
9. Williamsburg
10.Hazard

Going by your top 10 RIUTG, Harlan County will play the 2nd-6th ranked teams during the regular season. Not a bad schedule.
panther nation Wrote:1 belfry
2 Harlan co
3 Knox central
4 JC
5 somerset
6 Williamsburg
7 bell
8 hazard
9 Whitley co
10 p c c

That would be to start the year but it will change real fast with the top few playing each in the first few weeks of season.

i agreed with the top 7.i would replace whitley an pcc.with pulaski and middleboro and move hazard to 10. :notbad:
Out of pure curiosity why so much love for Middlesboro?

They were a 4 win team last year who's only standout performance was a closer than expected loss to Somerset. When they stepped up in class they were absolutely dominated by Bourbon County, Bell County, and an average at best Morgan County.

If the argument is youth...keep in mind their season came to a conclusion to an almost equally young Prestonsburg team.. why does the Jackets get the love over a Blackcat team?
Norm Peterson Wrote:1. Harlan County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Bell County
5. Somerset
6. Knox Central
7. Pulaski County
8. Williamsburg
9. Hazard
10. Middlesboro

This is the most accurate Top 10 IMO. Exactly how I would have done mine.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Out of pure curiosity why so much love for Middlesboro?

They were a 4 win team last year who's only standout performance was a closer than expected loss to Somerset. When they stepped up in class they were absolutely dominated by Bourbon County, Bell County, and an average at best Morgan County.

If the argument is youth...keep in mind their season came to a conclusion to an almost equally young Prestonsburg team.. why does the Jackets get the love over a Blackcat team?
Sorry I forgot about prestonsburg. Hazard out prestonsburg at 10 thanks sorry hazardConfusednicker:
YNWA Wrote:Going by your top 10 RIUTG, Harlan County will play the 2nd-6th ranked teams during the regular season. Not a bad schedule.

They'd also play his 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked teams.
If like the past 3 years HC will play Pulaski also in the playoffs so that would be playing 6 out of 9 in the top 10, should be a very tested team come playoff time for the Black Bears.
:devilflam
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Out of pure curiosity why so much love for Middlesboro?

Why should Middlesboro, Prestonsburg, Hazard, or a couple others get more love than Pikeville? Pikeville was much younger than all of them. It's rhetorical, the answer is people just don't know and the top 10 will look a lot different by the end of the year.:popcorn:
Another thing, by the end of last year Middlesboro, Prestonsburg and Hazard absolutely could not tackle anyone............
YNWA Wrote:Going by your top 10 RIUTG, Harlan County will play the 2nd-6th ranked teams during the regular season. Not a bad schedule.

According to mine they would actually play more than that on the list.
Going by my list, HC would play the 2,4,5, and 6th team.
We also play Johnson Central. There 3 on your list.
I am not going to rank us but I will have to say that we do have the toughest mountain schedule. Just my opinion though. Is it football season yet?!!!!!
jetpilot Wrote::devilflam

Why should Middlesboro, Prestonsburg, Hazard, or a couple others get more love than Pikeville? Pikeville was much younger than all of them. It's rhetorical, the answer is people just don't know and the top 10 will look a lot different by the end of the year.:popcorn:

Unless Pikeville played all freshmen, you were not younger than Middlesboro. Middlesboro played all sophomores last year. With three juniors. Only lost one WR from last years team. And I think they are asking for pre season top 10.
HDE Wrote:Nothing against Perry Central, but I don't see them in the top 10 at the start of the season. They lost about 90 percent of their offense to graduation with Pray and Robinson.

I agree. Bell lost 90% of their team and you agree that they are # 4?
Lets not forget they play Greenville TN a recent 4A state champ.
FlippedOut Wrote:Unless Pikeville played all freshmen, you were not younger than Middlesboro. Middlesboro played all sophomores last year. With three juniors. Only lost one WR from last years team. And I think they are asking for pre season top 10.

Pikeville played mostly freshmen and sophomores and was better than Middlesboro.
Well all we have to go on last year is common opponents...Harlan beat you by 20? You will get to prove it soon. Best of luck.
FlippedOut Wrote:Well all we have to go on last year is common opponents...Harlan beat you by 20? You will get to prove it soon. Best of luck.

You lost your credibility...Raceland beat Pikeville by 40 at the beginning of the year. Guess what happened when they met in the playoffs? Best of luck to M'boro improving on their 4 win season.
See you soon.
1. Belfry
2. Harlan Co.
3. Johnson Central
4. Pulaski Co.
5. Knox County
6. Somerset
7. Whitley Co.
8. Williamsburg
9. Bell County
10. Middlesboro..Prestonsburg

Prestonsburg lost much more than m'boro last season. Still should be a great game.
Preseason
FlippedOut Wrote:See you soon.

We can agree. Nice matchup and expecting a big crowd and a good game.:welcome:
Pages: 1 2 3 4