Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top shot blocker all time at your school?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about this just the other day and was curious, so i figured I make a thread to see what everone thinks.
im not shure but im going to guess j.r. is for paintsville
Id have to say prob Keith Leslie or his son Sean Leslie at P'burg
About the only two I can think of would be Charles Ray of South Floyd and JR VanHoose of Paintsville.
C-Ray at south floyd.......couldnt play a stroke but would block a shot or 2 in the four years he was at south floyd
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Id have to say prob Keith Leslie or his son Sean Leslie at P'burg

:Thumbs:
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:C-Ray at south floyd.......couldnt play a stroke but would block a shot or 2 in the four years he was at south floyd
He was't the best player, but defensively he could change a game with his shot blocking and thats why he started up there for 3 years..He was like 6'6 but his wing span was more like 7feet+, and IMO he is one of the top shotblockers to come out of not just SF but the entirer region.
Probably ol' Robbie Spears from East Ridge.
I think C.Ray was a good shot blocker but the best ever at SF was Jimmy Stumbo.....
He had the record forever and really only played 2 yrs.....Charles Ray had more time to break it.
As far as Ray being one of the best shot blockers the 15th as ever seen.......I won't even touch that one......lol
Kelsey Friend from Valley was a good one
tubthumper Wrote:I think C.Ray was a good shot blocker but the best ever at SF was Jimmy Stumbo.....
He had the record forever and really only played 2 yrs.....Charles Ray had more time to break it.
As far as Ray being one of the best shot blockers the 15th as ever seen.......I won't even touch that one......lol
I always like the way big Jimmy played, he always played with alot of Heart and loved the game. He probabily could have been more effective if he would have used his height and size a little more instead of relying on the 3 as much as he did, don't get me wrong if he was on he could kill you from the outside but someone 6'6 abot 280(just a guess) no one would have stoped him inside in HS. He was still a Hell of a player down there. In fact I think he is the second best player ever at SF behind Michael Hall.

I may have stretched it a little when I said Ray was one of the tops all time in the 15th but he could definitly change a game. Persionally I don't think he reached his full potential, He had a basketball body that most HS kids would kill for but was kind of clumsy and seemed to not play as hard as he could have...but thats just my opinion on that.