Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th region top 10 teams 13/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
! bell
2 corbin
3 whitley
4 Harlan Co
5 clay
6 Barbourville
7lynn camp
8South laurel
9harlan ind
10 middlesboro
1. Bell Co.
1. Whitley Co.
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. Barbourville
7. Harlan
8. Middlesboro
9. South Laurel
10. Lynn Camp
KyBoy24 Wrote:1. Bell Co.
1. Whitley Co.
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. Barbourville
7. Harlan
8. Middlesboro
9. South Laurel
10. Lynn Camp

That could be exactly the same as the coaches' poll this year. That's pretty close to what I was going to list.

I think you have four groups from what I've seen:

Bell, Whitley and Corbin

Harlan County and Clay County just a step or two behind (I haven't seen Clay, but they have to be in the top five)

You then have South Laurel and the five Class A schools of Barbourville, Harlan, Middlesboro, Lynn Camp and Pineville. I have Lynn Camp and Pineville tied now for 10th. They played a two-point scrimmage at HCHS the other day.

You then have Knox Central, North Laurel, Williamsburg, Jackson County, Oneida Baptist and Red Bird in the last group. KC, North and Williamsburg could move up.
I agree, Clay County will not make a run at another region once again but they are still right behind that top 3. The Lady Tigers have a lot of questions to answer in the paint. The guards are solid but still young.
KyBoy24 Wrote:1. Bell Co.
1. Whitley Co.
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. Barbourville
7. Harlan
8. Middlesboro
9. South Laurel
10. Lynn Camp

Thats pretty much spot on to what i have.
Here is my top 10 based on what I saw this summer

1. Bell County (3 best players in the region)
2. Whitley County
3. Corbin
4. Harlan County
5. Clay County
6. Barbourville
7. Middlesboro
8. Harlan
9. Pineville
10. South Laruel
wildcats fan Wrote:Here is my top 10 based on what I saw this summer

2. Whitley County
3. Corbin
4. Harlan County
5. Clay County
6. Barbourville
7. Middlesboro
8. Harlan
9. Pineville
10. South Laruel

Not sure about all that.
I know you all have been losing sleep waiting for my picks!Confusednicker:

So here they are:

1. Whitley Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Harlan Co.
4. Corbin
5. Clay Co.
6. Harlan City
7. Barbourville
8. Lynn Camp
9. Middlesboro
10. Knox Central

Now before you all go and get your feathers in an uproar, just know this is only my professional opinion based on years years of Basketball Magic! Confusedilly:
wildcats fan Wrote:Here is my top 10 based on what I saw this summer

2. Whitley County
3. Corbin
4. Harlan County
5. Clay County
6. Barbourville
7. Middlesboro
8. Harlan
9. Pineville
10. South Laruel

You need to put a breathalyzer on your keyboard, because you do not need to operate while intoxicated. Morris is the best player in the region by a long shot but if anyone else is a top 10 player its borderline. By the way Smith from Whitley is the second best player and Bell has no one besides Morris even close to her.
Bell has 3 good shooters in the region: Garnett, Morris, and Sanders
Sanders and Garnett are good players, but they aren't among the top three players, or even shooters, in the region. Smith, Massingill and the Wilson sisters are better. Johnson, from Whitley, is probably the best shooter, or perhaps Mathis, from Clay.
Mathis is the best shooter in my opinion, and Johnson second. I actually agree with wizards top 10 except for the last two with Pineville and South. I think Pineville looks like it may have a chance to be there if everyone is back but South Laurel looked absolutely horrible this summer. I can't believe I'm saying this but they may be one of the worst teams this season. I think Coach Snyder will make improvements as the season goes though and make them better.
Best players are Morris and Smith. The rest are far behind IMO.

Best shooters are Johnson and Mathis. Quite a gap there to.
I have to agree that Morris is the best player (by position) in the region. Put her in the Post and I don't think she would fair as well. I don't understand why everybody thinks you judge who is the best player by shooting alone. College coaches look for the whole player when determining who they will sign to play at the next level. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Just a little food for thought.:eyeroll: By the way.....any word on who is getting the Corbin Job?
To be fair, she'd fare a lot better than the post players in the region would trying to guard a point guard or wing.
HDE Wrote:To be fair, she'd fare a lot better than the post players in the region would trying to guard a point guard or wing.
I agree with you, she has alot to bring to the table. I just don't think she would hold up physically to the constant beating and banging post players must endure. Post players don't get enough credit for what they go through.:Thumbs:
Wizzard first off your list is off, and it shows what a Whitley homer you are. I think you have been drinking a lot of whiskey before you post also. I don't know of a true post in our region that can guard Morris anywhere on the floor, outside or inside.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Wizzard first off your list is off, and it shows what a Whitley homer you are. I think you have been drinking a lot of whiskey before you post also. I don't know of a true post in our region that can guard Morris anywhere on the floor, outside or inside.
I' m a Whitley fan that's not in question, but my rankings are my opinion based on what I have heard and seen during the summer. I rank my teams not just on one player, but the whole team. You better pray hard that Morris doesn't get hurt during the regular season. If she does, Bell is finished. Their whole offense is set around her. Bell played Whitley this summer, Morris and Craig were both absent from this game......who won???? Whitley by 13pts. This example is why I have Whitley ranked above Bell. It's quite elementary to figure out. Whitley has more weapons. As far as saying no post can guard her inside.....that's just STUPID!!!:biglmao: She is a very good high school player for her position.....NOT A ONE GIRL TEAM OR WNBA SUPERSTAR!!!Confusednicker:
Wizzard if Morris had of been there she would have put up at least 30 and Craig would have got her 4-6 points. So what would the score be? Or what was it when they played when Morris was there? Whitley has nobody who can guard her in the post or perimeter. She is a major D1 player that's going up against Asbury level college players. Whats hard to see about that?
Plus you are drinking hard whiskey if you think Whitley is better than Bell. Whitley maybe 3/4 when it all shakes out anyway.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Wizzard if Morris had of been there she would have put up at least 30 and Craig would have got her 4-6 points. So what would the score be? Or what was it when they played when Morris was there? Whitley has nobody who can guard her in the post or perimeter. She is a major D1 player that's going up against Asbury level college players. Whats hard to see about that?

lillianhidgepork Wrote:Plus you are drinking hard whiskey if you think Whitley is better than Bell. Whitley maybe 3/4 when it all shakes out anyway.

Boy, I sure pissed in your Wheaties didn't I? Obviously, you didn't watch Whitley or Craig play any this summer with statements like that....:biglmao: I have read several of your opinions about other players listed on this site.....why do you have to trash other girls in order to talk Morris up? She doesn't need your crap talk in order to look good. I sure hope she lives up to your expectations...she has 2 more years of HS ball, and anything can happen. Oh and by the way, I don't drink and you haven't changed my opinion about my rankings or players one bit! It's going to be a very interesting season and we will see who is right......won't we.....:Clap:
I am just a fan Wizzard of the game. Don't hate the player. This isn't about Whitley or Craig, as I am sure Craig is a fine player, just like the rest of the Whitley players NAIA at best. I think Craig could be a 7 PPG and 10 RPG player at Asbury, which would be a nice career and the rest of Whitleys players could be likewise at that level.

My Wheaties do just fine with good ice cold milk in them. I have no ill will toward you wizard, you just get excited when your beloved Colonels are talked about not being the best. Bell is the best, get used to it.
And you are drunk....with the statements you make you have to be a hard whiskey drinker.
My picks:

1. Bell
2. Harlan Co
3. Clay
4. Corbin
5. Whitley
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I am just a fan Wizzard of the game. Don't hate the player. This isn't about Whitley or Craig, as I am sure Craig is a fine player, just like the rest of the Whitley players NAIA at best. I think Craig could be a 7 PPG and 10 RPG player at Asbury, which would be a nice career and the rest of Whitleys players could be likewise at that level.

My Wheaties do just fine with good ice cold milk in them. I have no ill will toward you wizard, you just get excited when your beloved Colonels are talked about not being the best. Bell is the best, get used to it.

lillianhidgepork Wrote:And you are drunk....with the statements you make you have to be a hard whiskey drinker.

Thanks I needed a good laugh!:biglmao: :igiveup: Confusednicker:
wizzard he who laughs last, laughs the loudest.
I herby decree that from thence onward the poster known as 'Basketball Wizzard" is herby known as the "Drunken Wizzard".
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I herby decree that from thence onward the poster known as 'Basketball Wizzard" is herby known as the "Drunken Wizzard".
Thanks for the spirited debate.....you really are funny!Confusednicker:
Drunken Wizzard I have no quarrel with you, just you get to excited when challenged. Now we have in times past been on the same side of the argument, its just this time you don't agree with me and you get all bent out of shape. Maybe instead of heavy drinking we can get you to a good doctor and get a script of some good mood control drugs that will relax you some.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Drunken Wizzard I have no quarrel with you, just you get to excited when challenged. Now we have in times past been on the same side of the argument, its just this time you don't agree with me and you get all bent out of shape. Maybe instead of heavy drinking we can get you to a good doctor and get a script of some good mood control drugs that will relax you some.

You've got to stop......I have laughed so hard my side is hurting....:biglmao:
Pages: 1 2