Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden: 'I don't want to live in a society that does...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TheRealThing Wrote:What part of credible source do you not understand? They are doing it. And FWIW, the problem isn't that they're listening to phone calls, it is that they are storing all the information so that they may dredge it up later if they deem that to be necessary.
The House Intelligence Chairman says they are not. I'll take his knowledge of the facts over yours.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::hilarious: Is that RV-speak for veering off the subject on tangents? Dodge, duck, dive, divert, and dodge.
No, that's RV speak for you not being able to tell me what to do. If you want something, you will ask politely.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You obviously recognize Obama as a ruler instead of a fellow American citizen who is subject to our laws. How far down the chain of command does immunity from following laws extend? When VP Biden boasted that a small team of Navy Seals were responsible for killing Bin Laden, was that okay because he is our the vice ruler? Do laws governing the handling of classified information apply to Cabinet Secretaries? Where does the double standard end when it comes to the Obama administration following American laws, in your opinion?
You do realize that the FBI has your info, via me, on being a hostile, maybe dangerous, person to the POTUS, right?
TheRealVille Wrote:No, that's RV speak for you not being able to tell me what to do. If you want something, you will ask politely.
I will ask questions however I want. If you want to be treated with respect, then you should be willing to reciprocate.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I will ask questions however I want. If you want to be treated with respect, then you should be willing to reciprocate.
You can ask them any way you want, but they won't be answered.
TheRealVille Wrote:The House Intelligence Chairman says they are not. I'll take his knowledge of the facts over yours.

Dodge. The house chairman merely stated the obvious. Of course they are not sufficiently staffed to listen in on every phone call. IT'S THE DATA STORAGE THAT'S THE PROBLEM
TheRealVille Wrote:You do realize that the FBI has your info, via me, on being a hostile, maybe dangerous, person to the POTUS, right?
People like you empowered Hitler in the 1930s. After you attempted to buy this website just so you could ban me, you convinced me of what a stupid, lowlife character you are. I would not be surprised if you kept an enemies list that you share with the Obama administration at regular intervals. They have probably added your name to their list of known nutcases.
TheRealVille Wrote:You can ask them any way you want, but they won't be answered.
You often answer questions, but rarely do you answer them honestly.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:People like you empowered Hitler in the 1930s. After you attempted to buy this website just so you could ban me, you convinced me of what a stupid, lowlife character you are. I would not be surprised if you kept an enemies list that you share with the Obama administration at regular intervals. They have probably added your name to their list of known nutcases.

UNBELIEVABLE. Talk about taking it personal!
TheRealThing Wrote:Dodge. The house chairman merely stated the obvious. Of course they are not sufficiently staffed to listen in on every phone call. IT'S THE DATA STORAGE THAT'S THE PROBLEM
:Thumbs: The technology exists for the NSA to digitally transcribe every phone call that it logs. Capturing every American's call logs and locations is bad enough and it would be a short leap to transcribe the calls and data mine those.
TheRealThing Wrote:Dodge. The house chairman merely stated the obvious. Of course they are not sufficiently staffed to listen in on every phone call. IT'S THE DATA STORAGE THAT'S THE PROBLEM

Quote:(CNN) – The chairman of the House intelligence committee strongly asserted Sunday that the National Security Agency is not recording Americans’ phone calls under U.S. surveillance programs, and any statements suggesting differently amount to “misinformation.”

Lining up with Obama administration officials — and the president himself — Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Michigan, said the NSA “is not listening to Americans’ phone calls” or monitoring their e-mails.

“If it did, it is illegal. It is breaking the law,” Rogers said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I think (Americans) think there's this mass surveillance of what you're saying on your phone call and what you're typing in your e-mails. That is just not happening.”

The NSA has repeatedly said that it collects only metadata — phone numbers and duration — of phone calls, but not the actual conversations taking place. If it needs to listen to a conversation, it must first obtain an order from the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Court.

But during a House judiciary committee hearing Thursday with FBI Director Robert Mueller, a Democratic congressman from New York said he was told in a classified discussion that NSA analysts were capable of obtaining specific information from phone calls without a warrant.

The congressman, Jerrold Nadler, issued a statement Sunday to CNN regarding his his exchange with Mueller at the hearing.

“I am pleased that the administration has reiterated that, as I have always believed, the NSA cannot listen to the content of Americans’ phone calls without a specific warrant," Nadler said.

Rogers strongly pushed back at the question of whether anyone in the U.S. government was listening to the phone calls. He said “there is all this misinformation about what these programs are,” and he hopes the public will soon come to better understand how the programs disrupted terrorist plots.

The intelligence community provided some of that counterterrorism justification, releasing a document Saturday to members of Congress and to CNN that says officials searched the database — which holds billions of phone records - fewer than 300 times last year.

Along with the online surveillance program known as PRISM, the information-gathering has helped disrupt dozens of plots in the U.S and more than 20 c
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: The technology exists for the NSA to digitally transcribe every phone call that it logs. Capturing every American's call logs and locations is bad enough and it would be a short leap to transcribe the calls and data mine those.

I heard the technology is available to digitally reorganize your computer files which, takes way less space on your hard drive. You know anything about that?
TheRealThing Wrote:UNBELIEVABLE. Talk about taking it personal!
Believe it. Apparently it did not occur to him that had he been successful, then I could have simply created another screen name. I was kind of hoping that he would be successful in his effort, but when he opened a thread on a private forum for donating members...well you can imagine the responses his inquiry received. :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:People like you empowered Hitler in the 1930s. After you attempted to buy this website just so you could ban me, you convinced me of what a stupid, lowlife character you are. I would not be surprised if you kept an enemies list that you share with the Obama administration at regular intervals. They have probably added your name to their list of known nutcases.
Naaaaah, I probably wouldn't have gotten the job with the federal government if they thought that.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Believe it. Apparently it did not occur to him that had he been successful, then I could have simply created another screen name. I was kind of hoping that he would be successful in his effort, but when he opened a thread on a private forum for donating members...well you can imagine the responses his inquiry received. :biglmao:
You would be easy to figure out, using any name, if you typed much. There wasn't but a couple of responses, neither of which were very out of place, and you didn't see it until you donated, which I shamed you into doing.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Believe it. Apparently it did not occur to him that had he been successful, then I could have simply created another screen name. I was kind of hoping that he would be successful in his effort, but when he opened a thread on a private forum for donating members...well you can imagine the responses his inquiry received. :biglmao:

:thatsfunn
TheRealThing Wrote::thatsfunn
Don't let him lie to you. The responses weren't very much. Just ordinary stuff about the forum not being for sale.
Prove any of it, liar. :biglmao:
TheRealThing Wrote:I heard the technology is available to digitally reorganize your computer files which, takes way less space on your hard drive. You know anything about that?
I am not an expert on file compression, but compressed text files are much smaller than any kind of sound, image, or video files. The cost to the government of collecting and storing data would be peanuts compared to the value that the data would have to the person or persons who control it. Storage becomes cheaper all the time. I hope that the fact that both Republicans and Democrats in Congress are claiming that the data is being collected and used legally and constitutionally means that the claims are true. However, the fact that we have an Attorney General who is in contempt of Congress and other agencies, including the IRS have hidden information from Congressional oversight, does not give me much confidence that the same thing is not happening at the NSA.
TheRealVille Wrote:Prove any of it, liar. :biglmao:
The forum is no longer accessible, which you already know. People can consider the source in this case. Do they believe a man who has repeatedly been proven to be a liar - a man who claims to be such a sore loser that he reports members to the FBI - or do they believe me, who has repeatedly proven you to be a liar in threads that they have read in this forum. You have zero credibility here and it is because of your own actions. Have you thought about making another offer for the website? :hilarious:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The forum is no longer accessible, which you already know. People can consider the source in this case. Do they believe a man who has repeatedly been proven to be a liar - a man who claims to be such a sore loser that he reports members to the FBI - or do they believe me, who has repeatedly proven you to be a liar in threads that they have read in this forum. You have zero credibility here and it is because of your own actions. Have you thought about making another offer for the website? :hilarious:
You claim, "you can imagine some of the responses his inquiry received". Name them, since you remember them so well.
TheRealVille Wrote:You would be easy to figure out, using any name, if you typed much. There wasn't but a couple of responses, neither of which were very out of place, and you didn't see it until you donated, which I shamed you into doing.
That's right, RV. You shamed me into donating. Imagine my surprise at discovering that you were so frustrated that your whining to moderators about me had not resulted in any disciplinary action that you had started a thread to inquire about purchasing the website - specifically so that you could personally ban me. The thread was greeted with laughter, including mine. Thank you for goading me into donating. It was well worth the cost of my contribution just to read that one thread. :Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:You claim, "you can imagine some of the responses his inquiry received". Name them, since you remember them so well.
Maybe before heading down this road, you should consider the possibility that the admins may still have access to the thread. Else, this line of "reasoning" might backfire on you as so many others do.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe before heading down this road, you should consider the possibility that the admins may still have access to the thread. Else, this line of "reasoning" might backfire on you as so many others do.
It definitely wasn't as you described to TRT, "you can imagine some of the responses his inquiry received".
Obamas approval rating falls sharply, and doesnt appear to be picking back up.

Under 50%
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Obamas approval rating falls sharply, and doesnt appear to be picking back up.

Under 50%

I can identify with this ^, I know in my own case his approval rating is below 10%. :biggrin:
^
Ive been paying close attention to sites like CNN over the past couple of weeks.
They have slowly but surely started showing the liberal faults in a big way.
I would assume that anyone could overlook one or two things when being biased, but ith all of the current scandals currently rocking the white house, it looks like they cant ignore everything.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Ive been paying close attention to sites like CNN over the past couple of weeks.
They have slowly but surely started showing the liberal faults in a big way.
I would assume that anyone could overlook one or two things when being biased, but ith all of the current scandals currently rocking the white house, it looks like they cant ignore everything.

I heard The Weather Channel is really upset about it too. It seems that MSNBC and CNN have really ramped up their weather coverage of late. :biglmao:
Why isn't anybody in Washington, democrat or republican, calling for Clapper's head for lying to congress? Not a peep.
TheRealVille Wrote:Why isn't anybody in Washington, democrat or republican, calling for Clapper's head for lying to congress? Not a peep.
There have been multiple calls by Republican House and Senate members for Clapper's resignation. Besides being a poor liar, the man is incompetent. In short, Clapper is the type of individual That Obama recruits for top positions in his administration.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5